Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-CampGrounds-Pro v1.1 (Remake) (Gameplay Improvements)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-CampGrounds-Pro v1.1 (Remake) (Gameplay Improvements)

Name: DM-CampGrounds-Pro v1.1

Version: Pro v1.1

Release Date: 2013-03-14

Updated: 2013-03-19

Map Author(s):
    • CreepyD (Author of the original DM-CampGrounds]i[
    • CaptainFlaccid / Neil (Author of DM-CampGrounds-Pro)

Compatibility: Titan Pack is probably Required

Description: This is a modified version of Campgrounds]i[ with an improved ammo, health, powerup layout, improved blocking volumes and slightly improved graphics. Added jump boots where DD used to be for improved gameplay and relocated the DD so that this map can remain a DM map as well.

Comments: This map was originally made by id software for Quake. A mapmaker named CreepyD made Campgrounds]i[ for UT3. This version of the map is a modified version of CreepyD's map. Gameplay changes were added by L.S.D.GøD (aka JesusOfUT3) & gameplay / graphical changes were added by CaptainFlaccid with the goal of making this map fit for competitive play. The performance of this map is identical to the original, therefore this is a gameplay version. This map is intended for Duel, Deathmatch, and small TDM.

Changes by L.S.D.GøD:
    1. Removed some health packs to reduce the overall number of healthpacks.
    2. Added an extra shock ammo near belt
    3. Added a helmet
    4. Relocated some vials to better locations
    5. Stinger Ammo positioned better
    6. Better location for bio ammo
    7. Probably more. Apologies if any other changes were not mentioned.

Changes by CaptainFlaccid:
    1. Completely reworked blocking volumes for vastly improved flow.
    2. Improved blocking volumes on all of the staircases for improved player and projectile/splash damage collisions
    3. Added trims on most floors and ceilings
    4. Converted at least a dozen walls / whole areas to static meshes for improved lighting/shadow detail on rounded walls
    5. Replaced many lost textures/materials due to the original map being cooked. This explains why there's a new sky and color scheme
    6. Added a neat Campgrounds logo
    7. Increased the ceiling height above DD/RL
    8. Slightly repositioned DD to be centered in the room
    9. Slightly repositioned a few vial sets for improved flow based on user feedback of over 12 people.
    10. Added jump boots where DD used to be for improved gameplay.
    11. Relocated DD to another spot so that this map can be played in Deathmatch or TDM

Screenshots:

Special Thanks to: (For playtesting / feedback)

- Novaz, SaunaCowboy, Legionz, Rook1e, Satan's Father, Enoch84, Pl4sMa, JetSpandex, MechikTaj, Nanner, ShockTrooper, Voidy, and any others that I forgot.

Community: Check out our website at http://www.galaxypugs.com - Home of the North American UT3 community. We do weekly TDMs, CTFs, and host Duel Tourneys every few months with cash prizes.

Steam: Neillithan
    X-Fire: pccrash23
    Raptr: CaptainFlaccid
    E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com

Copyright: I don't have any copyrights on this map. Feel free to modify this map however you see fit. I ask that you provide credit to both the original author (CreepyD) and myself, either in the form of a Thank You, or a link to our community website - galaxypugs.com

Changelog:
    • 2013-03-14 - Version 1.0 Released
    • 2013-03-19 - v1.1 - Fixed a few blocking volume issues that would let a player get outside of the map.

Download:

DM-CampGrounds-Pro v1.1 | Backup Link 1 | Backup Link 2

DM-CampGrounds-Pro v1.1 (Uncooked for Map Editing Only) | Backup Link 1 | Backup Link 2

Old / Obsolete Versions:

DM-CampGrounds-Pro v1.0

Outstanding!

Well-balanced lighting, better graphics/visuals, techno textures/meshes, mystic sky, barrier roofs, and trims. I also loved the animated preview shot, item changes, intellectual gameplay, z-axis, and decent bots. This map's style is somewhat a traditional Quake feel, and its stunning; although this is probably changing the improvements from CreepyD's original remake to make this more experienced for your consideration.

One new mirror (New version: 2013-Mar-19):
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...s-Pro_v1-1.zip

Comment

Version 1.1 released. I had to release a 1.1 because I discovered a really bad hole in the map that would let the player get outside of the map. I had to patch it up. If it's not too much trouble Tux, can you update the version on your site with the new one? Also, thanks for providing a feedback and a mirror. That's a very kind gesture. :-)

Thanks,
      -Neil (CaptainFlaccid)

Comment

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
        Version 1.1 released. I had to release a 1.1 because I discovered a really bad hole in the map that would let the player get outside of the map. I had to patch it up.
        Not only happens that I'm the only one who has feedback and review in the first Pro release. I'll keep the same review with the new version 1.1 as previous.

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
        If it's not too much trouble Tux, can you update the version on your site with the new one? Also, thanks for providing a feedback and a mirror. That's a very kind gesture. :-)
        Uploading new version now. (See second post)

Comment

Nice work. Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

great remake!

Neil, your name should also be in with the other authors in the preview shot (animated and also took a few seconds to come up). I agree that this map has great lighting, visuals, textures/meshes and trim. I especially like how the skybox (made sweet with forcefield and moving clouds) and horizontal blinking fire trim brighten up the map. This map has lots of details and still classic z-axis gameplay like all other versions. I like the addition of the boots; although, I didn’t get a chance to use them. I have at least 7 versions of Campgrounds for UT2004 and now 4 versions for UT3 and I never get sick of this map. Not sure how the bots were in the other versions, but it seems like they could be better in this one (I played with 6 players). This version could use more health also (yes, I know it’s Pro, but…..). Nice addition to the Campgrounds “saga”!

Comment

Working...
            X