X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-FickGoodInc FINAL

Preview:

Author:
    DeineLtan (YourParents here on Epic forums)

Description:
    This is the real final release of VCTF-FickGoodInc
    a conversion of the map VCTF-FeelGoodInc (by karmatized)
    for a less spammy gameplay on full public servers,
    more vehicle and teamplay opportunities.

Recommended player amount:
    6-14 players

Features:
    3 islands connected by jump pads and jump hills,
    little base castles with a sniper elevator,
    2 scorpions and 2 vipers for each team,
    shield belt, hidden jump boots, directional jump pad squares
    and jump pads dont allow boot jump to flag carriers.

Known Bugs:
    Bot support not given
    The map concept is based on vehicle movement the AI isn't able to do.
    Map is recommended for multiplayer gaming.

Credits:
    Karmatized for the friendly permission to this conversion
    RattleSN4K3 for beta testing and the special jump pad mod
    Heronimus_Prime for beta testing
    Odedge for the creative directional jump pad squares

Download

Big thanks to all who helped me! Enjoy!

So at last, the map do have a dedicated thread now, great

Now you'll get the feedback for your work !

Comment

Downloading! Now I get a new map review of this VCTF map on the UT3 Vehicle CTF category.
      PS: I'll mirror this map later because the new MEGA site only recommends Google Chrome. Other browsers will get a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
        Downloading! Now I get a new map review of this VCTF map on the UT3 Vehicle CTF category.
        PS: I'll mirror this map later because the new MEGA site only recommends Google Chrome. Other browsers will get a warning.
        I'm excited for your review!
        Also any mirrors are appreciated.

Comment

always liked feelgood... nice remix; have to add it to my server. thx for making it!

Comment

any idea what I would say...

...was the number one thing wrong with this map? Bingo, yes, no bot support. The bots kinda work.....I know the other team frags my a$$ once I arrive with a vehicle and get out. But no way to get back very well and all the bots stay at their respective base islands and play with the vehicles. I like the details, different bases, center island, castles, lift to top, ramps, windmills, trees, islands and vehicles (esp flying one whose name escapes me), but it needs bot support. Unfortunately, I can't keep this one without it. Also, this one also needs a preview shot with author's name and recommended player load.

EDIT: almost forgot, even if no bot support.......something to get you across with the x-loc (no i mean the surfboard thing....I'm losing it)...anyway....getting across without a vehicle that way would be cool. And it's a concept map, so the music really needs to be there and I'm glad it is. Make a bot support version and I'll modify my review.

Comment

I can't understand why you would put no bot support in a level like this. Whats the issue with the AI I read in the OP?
              You can even make bots work by creating less then 10 path nodes on this map (2 to 3 minutes of work), because its just consists of three open islands.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                ...was the number one thing wrong with this map? Bingo, yes, no bot support.
                [...]
                this one also needs a preview shot with author's name and recommended player load.
                [...]
                something to get you across with the x-loc (no i mean the surfboard thing....I'm losing it)...anyway....getting across without a vehicle that way would be cool.
                Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL View Post
                I can't understand why you would put no bot support in a level like this. Whats the issue with the AI I read in the OP?
                You can even make bots work by creating less then 10 path nodes on this map (2 to 3 minutes of work), because its just consists of three open islands.

Thanks for your feedback guys!
                • Regarding bot support:
                  Originally posted by YourParents View Post
                  The map concept is based on vehicle movement the AI isn't able to do.
                  Map is recommended for multiplayer gaming.
                  The whole idea of the map's gameplay is vehicle jumping from isle to isle over the hills.
                  This isn't possible for bots and so the whole gameplay is missing in a bot match.

I didn't see why I should make it semi-bot supported (bots that can only go from isle to isle by jump pads)...

I'm probably gonna have to make another version later,
                  so I can include path nodes that the bots at least are able to cross the islands by jump pads.

• Regarding preview shot:
                  I think it has a preview shot and my (and karmatized's) name is in the map's world info, description here and readme.

• Regarding recommended player amount:
                  I can put that into the description and the readme, 6-14 players

• Regarding Hoverboard over jump hills jump:
                  I didn't make the jump hills throw anything at the other side intentionally.
                  Scorpions need boost, vipers a jump, hoverboarders a grapple and foot soldiers must take the jump pads aside.

Taxi!

The idea of this conversion was expanding a beautiful but pure aim/spam gameplay offering map with a challenging vehicle teamplay layout.

Comment

I remember this map.
                  Was pretty fun to play it, even though I played the first releases.
                  Hopefully the final will be played much.

Cheers!

Comment

Where is the chocolate & cheese?

Comment

too desaturated, needs more color... don't submit to the art style of epic and gears. might be a good idea to increase the ramp size widths, maybe bots would be able to use them then?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                        Where is the chocolate & cheese?
                        In the still buggy beta you've stolen, decorated with nazi flags and published under fake name?
                        The chocolate and cheese materials were creative, the rest showed some more serious flaws of you.

Originally posted by Starship Ghost View Post
                        too desaturated, needs more color... don't submit to the art style of epic and gears. might be a good idea to increase the ramp size widths, maybe bots would be able to use them then?
                        I am sad there are so few maps breaking out of the dark, wet and slippery look of most other UT3 maps!
                        I pretty much kept it in karmatized's original scene which is inspired by the Feel Good Inc music video of Gorillaz, of course.
                        Bots dont scorpion boost, viper jump and selfdestruct as needed, no matter how large the ramps would be...
                        And I like their size for humans, really; easy enough to master the boost jump in scorpion but still small and steep enough that jumps can get wicked.

Comment

1: I didn't steal your map. I edited it to make it playable on our server.
                          2: I didn't publish nor release it here under ANY name.
                          3: All the other stupid stuff I put in it (as a joke), even the price is right mountain climber song, made it one of the most popular maps on our server. You should be proud.

Comment

Queer notion, but okay. Maybe there are still some mapping beginners with lack of soft skills that could need to know such

Basic rules of normal mapper behavior:

1: I didn't steal your map. I edited it to make it playable on our server.
                            A. Taking and editing someone's work without his knowledge and permission is considered intellectual theft and a no-go under respectable mappers
                            (If you run a VCTF server with overpowered and unbalanced custom content you could make the server more playable by removing such instead).
                            B. If you want to make a remake of a map conversion, you need to ask both original map's and conversion map's author, of course.

2: I didn't publish nor release it here under ANY name.
                            C. If your 'inofficial facelift' then 'gets released' under a false name on mapraider and epic forums, you as creator are clearly responsible.
                            (Especially, if you used materials that are stultifying the original author's country, the map name is 'F***Off + original author's name'
                            and the nick name it has been released under, is clearly from your kin )

3: All the other stupid stuff I put in it (as a joke), even the price is right mountain climber song, made it one of the most popular maps on our server. You should be proud.
                            D. Your unsolicited map makeover will pretty unlikely make the original author proud of you
                            (especially if designed insulting to the original author and even if you hosted it quietly and it turned out to be more popular than your own outpourings).
                            E. Go without Nazi symbols in your mapping. Only few people will probably find this funny or appropriate.

=> To make it short: respect UT3's EULA

I would have thought most developers get those values from education already,
                            you live and learn...

Comment

I didn't say the SERVER was unplayable I said I edited the map to fix the broken stuff & put our server content into it to make it PLAYABLE on OUR server. The map isn't an original map made my you anyways. I like how someone under a fake name posted it somewhere you automatically blame me. I made a funny version that's more functional per request of the server admin for OUR amusement only. The people that play our server play it DAILY. I think your VERSION of this map was a good idea but not putting vehicle boost pads on the ramps, & not making it so the bots can navigate was just lake of mapping experience on your part. I seem to remember sitting on vent with you for 2 hours talking about this one night remember that Dentyne? I didn't post it. That's a fact. I would never edit someone's map without permission unless it was just for our server ONLY. So give me a hug pookie bear & lets get past this!

Comment

Working...
                              X