X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpamBlocker [BETA][FIX][PC] [Updated: Mar 10 2013]

Name: SpamBlocker
    Version: 0.91b Fix
    Description: Client addon to block friend messages, friend and games invites of specific players/accounts
    Features:
    • Blocks messages and invites
    • Full net support
    • Fully compatible to mutators, gametypes and frontend maps
    • Configurable via Ini file

Full name: Spam Blocker
    Date: March 10, 2013
    Compatibility: NOT TESTED (works in 2.1, could be lower)
    Size: ~ 71 KB + 82 KB
    Comment: For all the spammed ones ...
    Credits: /
    Coder: RattleSN4K3

Changelog:
    • v0.91b
      • Fixed: Frontend does not initialize the script
      • Changed: Default config values

• v0.9b - Initial version
      • Basic script for blocking messages and invites
      • Frontend implentation

Download:
    SpamBlocker_v0.91bFix.zip (33 KB)

Read the Readme file for more information.

Older versions:

Thanks RattleSN4K3!!
    I posted links to The Last Team and Jolt (they too were getting spam).

Comment

Very nice rattlesnake. Thank you!

Comment

Thank you both.
        Just a information. This will only block the message from the message system not the chat message during a game.
        The (friend) messages are the ones which get notified with the gray bar saying "Received a message from 'NAME'" (or similar) in the center of the lower part of your screen.

Blocking chat messages (lower left part of your HUD; say, teamsay, hints or death message) should be a part of a server by using a ServerActor or Mutator.

Comment

sweet!!! this game still has heroes!!

thank you for your time and hard work, its too bad ppl can not just play the game and have fun.

Comment

Nice work rattle, hows you btw buddy.
            is there anyway to adapt this mutator to stop idiot spammers like gotobeer ruining the game by constant advertising on all the servers with pages of text in the chat box.
            Thx

Comment

Originally posted by bastardbrain View Post
              is there anyway to adapt this mutator to stop idiot spammers like gotobeer ruining the game by constant advertising on all the servers with pages of text in the chat box.
              Thx
              Active admins and mutators

Comment

Heya, everything's fine on my end . Still playing some matches from time to time (and trying to create a new server concept... but it's taking too long -.-).

Thx
                Well. First of all, this addon is not a mutator like others. It's a fully clientsided script (used to be, i have to fix the next version. Servers might download the script, which is not intended). The chat messages (like advertising messages from several players) depend on the actual game mode. There is no proper integration/hook to block these messages clientsided.

I'm already working on a similar method for chat messages. In that case, a sever has to run that mutator (as ServerActor) and every client can decide whether to block it or not (via a blacklist/whitelist method).

Comment

Preparing major update... chat blocking added (finishing code, refurbishing usage, completing documentation, ...)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                    chat blocking added
                    Looking forward to the future updates.

Comment

It needs some time unfortunately.

The update will be a serversided mutator. It runs via a serveractor, clients will get the corresponding package which will initialize the SpamBlocker (even in its updated version; see the last paragraph for information). I'm not sure about it but i have to test it - the packages won't set a reference to demo files - so completely compatible in this case.

The blocking itself acts similar to the friends blocking mechanism. By default, it blocks nothing. Every client can block messages from specific players/specs separately. This forces no administration for server administator.s Everyting's on client side. I'm planning that i client can choose to install the client part of SpamBlocker (of the current server) by using a command. This is where my limits are
                      I have to implement a feature which is not quite clear how i have to do it in pure unrealscript; pushing packages optionally to only the requesting client. I have to browse a ton of code. So stay tuned

[The reason for this complex feature: The SpamBlocker can rapidly evolve by time but the server sided script stays at final stadium (there is no need to update features atm.. planing to add blocking mechanism for Voice talk, but let's see)]

Comment

I vote Rattle for President

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                          • Fixed: Frontend does not initialize the script
                          • Changed: Default config values

Download:
                          SpamBlocker_v0.91bFix.zip (33 KB)
                          This update will fix an issues where the SpamBlocker itself does not get initialized (however it was working while I debugged that code... strange).

Technical explanation:
                          Casting of an interface value always returned the original reference no matter if the interface is a type of the interface/class to be casted to or not. The script always thinks it is already running and will never start for the first time.

Originally posted by Bah_Mee View Post
                          the game starts on spamblocker map too so its not that.
                          Apparently this isn't working as intended. I fixed an issue right after I published that version and i thought it will be included in the upcoming update. The update process takes longer than expected so i had to release a fix.

Check out the new version (0.91bFix)

@Unreal.Inc
                          Lol. Thanks

Comment

FYI lately the spammer is changing names repeatedly.
                            So now we get the spam AND
                            2 has changed his name to 4
                            4 has changed his name to 6
                            6 has changed his name to 8
                            8 has changed his name to 2

Comment

What do you mean?

Only custom server allow changing the name ingame.

Comment

Working...
                              X