CTF-Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Got around to reviewing this one as well.
    http://thealternativegamer.com/2013/...ault-ctf-mako/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good one!

At first I didn’t think I had the inspirational map for this one, but it seems I do as the UT2004 map CTF-FBU-1on1-Xerosis (which is rather dark and a fun reverse CTF map for UT2004). This new map for UT3 is more open, colorful, brighter, has a skybox, piping and great custom textures/meshes. I like the underwater scene with water, bubbles, pickups (esp. flak cannon), generators and trim/designs. I like other features of the map as well as including the indicator sonar sound for the belt, lighting, decals, lensflare, theme, connectivity, flow and layout. The bots have trouble with the water, but even I have trouble getting out for some reason…..it just takes longer than it should but it seems more of a game mechanics problem. The bot can put up a good fight in this one also.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TourianTourist View Post
    The style reminds me a lot of CTF-Orestes by Ignotium.... which is one of my favorite CTF maps. So, the map is pleasing already visually. But the reverse gameplay with the water ponds makes it even better. Fun little map, a lot to enjoy. Keeper.
    Great Happy you like it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The style reminds me a lot of CTF-Orestes by Ignotium.... which is one of my favorite CTF maps. So, the map is pleasing already visually. But the reverse gameplay with the water ponds makes it even better. Fun little map, a lot to enjoy. Keeper.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    ...héhéhé....not a bad idea though
    +1

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    Someone tell SkaarjMaster to quit f-ing around playing World of Tanks and get back to the UT series reviews already
    yeah man I drug you over here from BU a couple / few years ago and you've been like a consistent rock with your useful and constructive reviews and feedback! Come back soon bud.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    Someone tell SkaarjMaster to quit f-ing around playing World of Tanks and get back to the UT series reviews already
    ...héhéhé....not a bad idea though

Leave a comment:

• replied

EDIT: coming back very soon, but didn't want to add anymore about that in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    lol, i finally have find some time to try ur baby...like each time i was trapped by the reverse thing and even bots was lost while watching me looping around the bases...
    after some bullets all was fine of course, the map is very well done and the coloring brings some life in UT3 , very bright, colored and lightly...
    i liked the lil details like the bubbles in the water
    i found the bots not very comfortable to go out of the water and i have kill lot of them @ this moment

i ve add the map on our little server , it s the perfect CTF for a 6 slots old schooled server
    thx for ur work bro, keep it up
    Happy you like it bro

Indeed bots + water volume = dumb reactions ! I've made everything to make them use the lower level more but, you know, it's bots...

Nice to know it will be on server, it's fast gameplay indeed & have fun !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol, i finally have find some time to try ur baby...like each time i was trapped by the reverse thing and even bots was lost while watching me looping around the bases...
    after some bullets all was fine of course, the map is very well done and the coloring brings some life in UT3 , very bright, colored and lighty...
    i liked the lil details like the bubbles in the water
    i found the bots not very comfortable to go out of the water and i have kill lot of them @ this moment

i ve add the map on our little server , it s the perfect CTF for a 6 slots old scooled server
    thx for ur work bro, keep it up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
    I read the details earlier. This is the first time to play this "reverse" CTF map. Your vision is approved, mate!
    Ah, ok lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    But it seem you didn't read the map details because I explain what inspire me to build this map The maps you mention are awesome levels but aren't related at all
    I read the details earlier. This is the first time to play this "reverse" CTF map. Your vision is approved, mate!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
    Splendid atmosphere/visuals, perfect lighting, layout, BSP, great use of custom textures/meshes (actually it's from Cr4zy's textures), various pipes, and nice skybox with lens flare. This map's style is much like (or inspired by) the two UT2004 maps: the default CTF-1on1-Joust (there's a UT3 version of the map with different versions by various authors, might search for it/them) and the custom CTF-1on1-Hourglass by Hazel.H as you spawn at the opposing base and an opposing flag. There must be an interesting underwater area with items for leisure, and of course nice custom bubbles as well. Fun Joust-like gameplay and the bots are good.

UT-Files.com mirror:
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...e=CTF-Mako.rar
    THX for your feedback & for the mirror

But it seem you didn't read the map details because I explain what inspire me to build this map The maps you mention are awesome levels but aren't related at all

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excellent Joust-like map!

Splendid atmosphere/visuals, perfect lighting, layout, BSP, great use of custom textures/meshes (actually it's from Cr4zy's textures), various pipes, and nice skybox with lens flare. This map's style is much like (or inspired by) the two UT2004 maps: the default CTF-1on1-Joust (there's a UT3 version of the map with different versions by various authors, might search for it/them) and the custom CTF-1on1-Hourglass by Hazel.H, as well as Raffi_B's first "reverse" CTF map for UT3 1on1-Xerosis from the FragBU Bonus Pack, as you spawn at the opposing base and an opposing flag. There must be an interesting underwater area with items for leisure, and of course nice custom bubbles as well. Fun Joust-like gameplay and the bots are good.

UT-Files.com mirror:
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...e=CTF-Mako.rar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ice.T View Post
    Played some ICTF on it yesterday and loved it, I want moar!
    Great And another map is in the work using the same assets. A DM this time

Originally posted by LordBret View Post
    Very good map tested and approved thank you for it Stevelois.

Great Your welcome & Lord approval is always good to have héhé

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very good map tested and approved thank you for it Stevelois.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X