Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Mako

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Mako

Name: Mako
    Game type: CTF / Greed
    Version: 1.0
    Players: 2 - 4
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Story / Histoire:

Mako is a place where your skills will be tested alone or in a team. This base is one of a series of facilities owned by Mako Inc. and is considered the gateway to recruit participants who have the best skills to become tournaments champions. These future champions are then eligible to choose among the other larger facilities where the difficulties are much greater. However, the champions outside tournaments are entitled to live a luxurious and glorious life! Are you a champion?

Mako est un endroit ou vos habiletés seront mis à l’épreuve en solo ou en équipe. Cette base figure parmi une série d’installations détenues par Mako Inc. puis est considéré comme étant la porte d’entrée pour recruter des participants qui possèdent les meilleurs habiletés à devenir champion de tournois. Ces futurs champions sont ensuite éligibles à choisir parmi les autres installations de plus grande envergure d’où les difficultés sont beaucoup plus grandes. Néanmoins, les champions en dehors des tournois ont droit à une vie luxuriante et glorieuse! Êtes-vous un champion?

[screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ctf-mako1.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ctf-mako2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ctf-mako3.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ctf-mako4.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ctf-mako5.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ctf-mako6.jpg[/screenshot]

Downloads:

Game-Maps, MediaFire, UT-Files

Installation:

Extract the archive into :

“My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps” directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

CTF-Mako.ini
    CTF-Mako.txt
    CTF-Mako.ut3
    CTF-Mako_LOC_int.upk

Details:

For this map, I inspire myself from one of my favorite reverse CTF UT2004 map, CTF-1on1-Xerosis by Raffi_B. To get started, I remake the layout and adapt it for UT3, put same the pickups at the same place. As the dev was going on, I’ve kept the layout like the original but made many changes so flow and gameplay are much different. As for the theme, atmosphere, sounds, music, effects, etc it is completely different from the original. Everything was made from scratch with the Stevie’s vision I must say This is my first reverse CTF and I like it quite a lot and I wish you have some good fights on this level, enjoy

The features:

- The map use a clean-industrial-techy look built from 100% custom materials which I’ve made all from scratch coming from custom textures (see readme credits)
    - Custom bubbles, custom decals (Mako Inc.), custom lensflare
    - When the Belt spawn, a sonar type of sound will be hear
    - The map as been optimized for Team CTF

Another great map by stevelois. Downloading!

Comment

I love the style of this map. The last screenshot makes me want to install UT3 again just to see it in motion

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
        I love the style of this map. The last screenshot makes me want to install UT3 again just to see it in motion
        Why did you uninstall it in the first place

Comment

Just played it Steve. Beautiful stuff. You are a BSP master now! Love the overall clean look and perfect use of Cr4zy's textures. Nice choice of skies too. Congrats on getting this one done Steve!

Comment

i'm not one to say a boatload about maps i've found here, but i do know quality, and Mr Lois has that in heaps and bounds. downloading now. if i don't get back here with some feed back, thank you for your work.

Comment

looks great, good coloring/contrast and use of textures. I really like the "clean techy" environment you created.

Comment

Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
                Another great map by stevelois. Downloading!
                Good Looking forward your review

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                THX And yeas, reinstall UT3 or else if everyone do that, all mappers will make map for themselves only lol.

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                Just played it Steve. Beautiful stuff. You are a BSP master now! Love the overall clean look and perfect use of Cr4zy's textures. Nice choice of skies too. Congrats on getting this one done Steve!
                THX bro, I'm happy you love it

BTW, after I've read your comments on my page, I delete almost all of them since they where more "chatting" comments than specific feedback about the map. I'll keep the post about the map release. WP members are automatically linked bro when a link is posted between WP sites.

Originally posted by rek View Post
                i'm not one to say a boatload about maps i've found here, but i do know quality, and Mr Lois has that in heaps and bounds. downloading now. if i don't get back here with some feed back, thank you for your work.

Hey Rek

"Mr. Lois" hope you'll like it

Originally posted by Ron Paul 2012 View Post
                looks great, good coloring/contrast and use of textures. I really like the "clean techy" environment you created.
                THX m8

I love the style too. Working on something else now using the same assets hé hé.

Comment

Yes, very well done with this one Steve. Love the nice clean look!

Comment

THX bro

Comment

Excellent!! Thanks for another one Steve. As you know CTF is my favorite game type and the one i've played the most through the years <including the Online Gaming League and Proving Grounds competitively in UT99 and 2KX - All though i've played my share of TDM> tight action fast and furious maps are a blast, reverse is even better, we have a custom version of CTF-Thorns reversed ... we usually warm up with against Inhuman bots on the LAN - its no easy fight let me tell ya ..<especially with the instagib mutator and no translocator> - Mako will be in the rotation of our LAN sessions in the future.

Its great to see you doing a remake like this with your own style & vision.

Comment

Very nice map bro Would not expected anything else coming from you!

Layout, lightning, and all the custom textures/assets once again really work on this map.
                        I also love what you did with the water (such a clean transparency ) and those custom bubbles are very nice.
                        And omg nice, what is that sonar sound? (Submarine war!) Oh its the belt spawning!

Oh and your storyline says that the best warriors advance to a more difficult section of Mako,
                        Does this mean we will see a Warfare map of this soon?

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                          Excellent!! Thanks for another one Steve. As you know CTF is my favorite game type and the one i've played the most through the years <including the Online Gaming League and Proving Grounds competitively in UT99 and 2KX - All though i've played my share of TDM> tight action fast and furious maps are a blast, reverse is even better, we have a custom version of CTF-Thorns reversed ... we usually warm up with against Inhuman bots on the LAN - its no easy fight let me tell ya ..<especially with the instagib mutator and no translocator> - Mako will be in the rotation of our LAN sessions in the future.

Its great to see you doing a remake like this with your own style & vision.
                          Your very welcome bro. I know your gonna have lot's of fun playing it knowing you like R-CTF that much I'm happy it will be in rotation. Let me know what the other players think about it Have fun bro!

Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL View Post
                          Very nice map bro Would not expected anything else coming from you!

Layout, lightning, and all the custom textures/assets once again really work on this map.
                          I also love what you did with the water (such a clean transparency ) and those custom bubbles are very nice.
                          And omg nice, what is that sonar sound? (Submarine war!) Oh its the belt spawning!

Oh and your storyline says that the best warriors advance to a more difficult section of Mako,
                          Does this mean we will see a Warfare map of this soon?
                          Ha ha!

Well, I'm happy you like all the little touches & the custom assets. Indeed, this is what make a map unique & polished It wasn't easy to assign an appropriate sound when the belt spawn but since it is underwater & the map use a techy theme, the sonar sound fit's like a glove héhé.

The next map is what you already beta test, to follow the tight CTF in mind, a tight DM with fast moves & timing, to really put your skills to the test. Someday, I could build a VCTF (don't play WAR myself) but I'll need a good layout for it.

Have fun bro !!!

Comment

Played some ICTF on it yesterday and loved it, I want moar!

Comment

Very good map tested and approved thank you for it Stevelois.

Comment

Working...
                              X