VCTF-Necrotic [FINAL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I wouldn't go with a higher scaling actually. The map is huge. Does not seem like a good argument for bringing out a second version.

If your going out for different things, you might wanna try a Winter version. Would be interesting in this map.
    A very blurry snowstorm would definitely seek my interest since Sniping is a strong aspect of gameplay in this map (Since its so open, not much cover points around the middle)

Furtheron I would not really know why to bring out another version. Map seems strong in every aspect I could think of.
    You cannot really boost any lightning since it would only bring down FPS. So in my humble opinion, I would mainly focus on changing aspects that involve boosting, changing and adding options that could boost dominant gameplay.
    Like adding more sniper and shock rifle nests.

Thats why I would say a blurry Winter version would be interested.
    A strong saturated heightfog which would create a blurry vision you see in snowstorms , a cold environment, Ice, Snow, and some warm contrast lights,
    to cover up a bit of the harsh feeling of the cold could be a nice addition to the strong map you have here.

Hope this helps, take it as you please Its just a suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All, I am thinking of making a Necrotic_SE version.

Let me know if you have suggestions for a new version.

What do you guys think of "scaling" the whole map larger by 10-15%?

Xeanderthal thanks for the input, may use some of that for the SE version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey tarnation. I was looking for that map you told me about. Crystal skull or something

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tarny, after playing this map quite a few times, I have a few suggestions that may make the map better:
    1. Put two 'eyes' on the map (one red, one blue), and make each team open their eye.
    - spawn-protect each shade room so the other team cant steal invis/health
    - mostly useful when titan is camping
    2. Move the deemer or give better protection from top-camping titans
    3. There are a couple places that skulls disappear into (lifts on flag spawn/hole) or are unretrievable (fountain)
    4. The high spawn points are awkward. Its easy to miss the hop to the sniper, so you start with 90 hp, not 100, and the other side high spawn cant make that jump, so they can only exit via the flag spawn/hole. If a titan is camping there then they really have no choice but to drop and lose the 10 points.

Otherwise, great map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wanted to like the skybox, XL outside view, banners, sound effects, interesting flag lifts, wide-open view of the two bases, powerup placement, Necris textures/materials, vehicle choice, and the special area ("The Eye") at the top is pretty obvious than I thought. This VCTF map is a chill factor of playing, good for camping (even for the mutators), fantastic atmosphere, fantastic gameplay, and good bots (me and my team can defend also).

One new mirror:
    http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4181

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the vid. The map looks great there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    This would be cool to test on the Epic Greed Server
    I am excited to see how it plays for greed. It's awesome for VCTF.
    Originally posted by geronaho View Post
    map looks fun. Someone upload a youtube vid.
    A clan member Lucky Heart of The Last Team did make a video that features Necrotic. It is the 1st map after the intro.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    map looks fun. Someone upload a youtube vid.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This would be cool to test on the Epic Greed Server

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We are playing normal invasion where flags got removed... It's all about hunting or being hunted The monsters perform very good ... e.g. was trying too shoot them from above staying on the catwalk and took no long and a bunch of mosters jumped up to get me ... But with no luck :-)

Did not see the monsters shooting the Eye ... Just the bots did ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by donaldo View Post
    Ah, ok ... did not know that. Played it again six times today without any crashes ... must have been some glitch on our server the other day. Thanks for the quick reply! Great Map! Also very good for Invasion
    Thanks for the compliments.
    Do you run Invasion where monsters try and take your flag? Do they have problems with the lift? Do they shoot the eye like bots do?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, ok ... did not know that. Played it again six times today without any crashes ... must have been some glitch on our server the other day. Thanks for the quick reply! Great Map! Also very good for Invasion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Donaldo those warnings are when the bots want to attack another player/bot but are told through Kismet to shoot the "Eye" instead to open the gates. It was seen as junk logging and doesn't cause any issues on the servers that run it regularly.
    What mutators are you running? How many bots in your server?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map is an eye-catcher and really fun to play!!

On our dedicated linux-server we got a lot of script warnings and eventually the server crashed:

Code:
    ScriptWarning: UTBot VCTF-Necrotic.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTBot_49 (Function UTGame.UTBot:FireWeaponAt:0049) Accessed None 'Pawn'
    ScriptWarning: UTBot VCTF-Necrotic.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTBot_49 (Function UTGame.UTBot:WeaponFireAgain:0060) Accessed None 'Pawn'
    ScriptWarning: UTBot VCTF-Necrotic.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTBot_49 (Function UTGame.UTBot:WeaponFireAgain:007A) Accessed None 'Pawn'
    ScriptWarning: UTBot VCTF-Necrotic.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTBot_49 (Function UTGame.UTBot:WeaponFireAgain:00AB) Accessed None 'Pawn'
    ScriptWarning: UTBot VCTF-Necrotic.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTBot_49 (Function UTGame.UTBot:CanAttack:008D) Accessed None 'Pawn'
    ScriptWarning: UTBot VCTF-Necrotic.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTBot_50 (Function UTGame.UTBot:FireWeaponAt:0049) Accessed None 'Pawn'
    ScriptWarning: UTBot VCTF-Necrotic.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTBot_50 (Function UTGame.UTBot:WeaponFireAgain:0060) Accessed None 'Pawn'
    Could the map cause such things ... or perhaps more likely the dedicated server configuration... just asking because it was the only map with that kind of warnings ...?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this map has the fun factor wow, not bad not bad, next map? hahaha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X