No announcement yet.

DM-Deck-Pro v2.1 (Performance / Graphics Remake) [Updated 08-02-2014] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Deck-Pro v2.1 (Performance / Graphics Remake) [Updated 08-02-2014] [Pics]

High Detail Mode:

Ultra Low Poly Low Detail Mode:

Name: DM-Deck-Pro v2.1

Version: v2.1 (Released 2014-08-02)

Compatibility: Titan Pack is probably Required (Unsure)

Description: Deck has been snowed in! Sort of, not really.

Quick Download for Playing: DM-Deck-Pro v2.1 (Released 2014-08-02)

Comments:

Where to begin? Over 100 changes have been made. Most of the changes are subtle, some of them are obvious. This version of Deck aims to be the last Deck you will ever play. This version has a graphical facelift on High Detail mode, a performance improvement on Medium and Low Quality detail modes, and completely reworked blocking volumes making the map flow 10 times better. You are very unlikely to get hung up on any obviously protruding static meshes!

If you prefer beautiful graphics, this version of Deck is for you. If you prefer gameplay and performance over graphics, this version is ALSO for you! If you play on High Detail mode, your deck will look even more beautiful than the stock version that released with the game. If you play on Medium or Low detail, the map will turn into a low poly version with ONLY the essentials so that you can get well above 90 fps. I get 120 fps and I'm running a Radeon HD 5850 with a Core i7. This kind of performance is simply unheard of with stock Deck!

Changelog:

v2.1:
    • Reduced poly count by 200,000 to 300,000 polies in some areas. This results in a pretty big performance boost.
    • Fixed problematic collisions in many areas.
    • Removed extraneous meshes that would interrupt jump boot ability.
    • Improved collision around belt area.
    • Removed machinery under bridge above belt area. This makes this version more like the Deck-FPS version.
    • Increased height of jump boot area.
    • Improved the pipe collisions above teleporter exit, making the map more like the Deck-FPS version.
    • Many more minor tweaks.

v2.0:

Graphical Differences:
    • Very slow snow emitters added to the outdoors areas.
    • Snow meshes on all of the rooftops and some of the exposed floors.
    • Icicles!
    • Improved lighting! Deck is now easier on the eyes!
    • Removed the depth of field, so now Deck is even easier on the eyes! (This is something that can only be changed from the editor, not in game).
    • Changed the slime below lower sniper to a slime pit. This is truer to UT99s deck and also solves some gameplay related glitch that causes you to take massive damage in half a

Click here to see a graphics comparison!
    (Hover over the pic to see the difference)

Performance Differences:
    • 90% of static meshes have been either been hidden, or turned into low polygon versions via BSP. This is where the bulk of the performance boost comes from! Just to give you an idea, Stock deck has over 900,000 polygons on screen when standing at the upper sniper perch. Deck-Pro2 has less than 300,000 on low detail mode!
    • All decals and emitters are hidden on Low detail mode.

Click here to see a High Detail vs Low Detail comparison! Low poly lovers rejoice.
    (Hover over the pic to see the difference)

Gameplay Differences:
    • Completely reworked blocking volumes on all of the floors, walls and ceilings, resulting in extremely improved flow.
    • All of the staircases have BLOCK ALL blocking volumes on them and are perfectly sloped so that staircases never impede your dodges, and also projectiles will always explode and ricochet off the staircases rather than getting eaten by them. This results in more reliable battles near staircases.
    • The Boots Powerup area now has a very tailored blocking volume that is great for flow and great for weapon collisions.
    • The Belt powerup has improved blocking volumes to improve flow.
    • The Double Damage powerup is now marginally easier to land on via wall dodging.
    • Wall dodging off slanted walls is now possible because all slanted walls now have improved blocking volumes.
    • The spawn location near flak slime pit has been moved slightly to prevent you from accidentally falling into the slime pit upon spawning.
    • The collisions on the wall near flak slime pit have been GREATLY improved so that you can grab flak and wall dodge up to the upper area without getting caught on poorly placed static meshes. UT99 Deck fans will be pleased!
    • Improved blocking volumes near teleporter entrance so that you get redirected into the teleporter if you get shoved up against the walls.
    • Improved Biorifle area, improved collisions... you can no longer hide up in the pipes on the ceiling.
    • Added a diagonal floor piece near the stinger for improved walking / wall dodging.
    • Slightly better stinger and ammo placement and slightly altered spawn location near stinger.
    • Added an extra spawn location in the rounded hallway with the double vial pairs.
    • Less clutter near the 50 armor area
    • Elevators have improved collisions (Slightly sloped entries to prevent renegade lift behavior) (Basically, lifts used to take off without you if you touch them improperly)
    • Old Deck-Pro used to have a Berserk powerup, which has been removed. Deck should not have a Juggernaut, let alone a Berserk.
    • Many many more things that I can't remember off the top of my head.
    • Changed the slime below lower sniper to a slime pit. This is truer to UT99s deck and also solves some gameplay related glitch that causes you to take massive damage in half a second.
    • The HUGE slimepit below belt used to have a ramped slope that took you up to Boots powerup. If you climbed out of the pit through this ramp, you would take massive damage in half a second. The only way to fix this was to remove this ramp and replace it with a steeper incline blocking volume. The ramp is still there, it simply doesn't behave like a ramp.. it behaves like any other edge in the slime pit. This improves gameplay by preventing players from dying in a way that should never happen.

Credits:

Thanks to Epic for creating this map.

Thanks to L.S.D.GoD aka JesusOfUT3 for offering map design and gameplay tips.

Thanks to Elude for helping me with emitters and lighting effects.

Thanks to everyone who beta tested including: Novaz, JetSpandex, Korben, Nanners, Shocktrooper, Satan's Father, Legiønz, Rambo, G.I.Joe and and anyone else I forgot.

Homepage: http://www.galaxypugs.com Home of the new North American UT3 Community!

Download:
    for Playing:
    DM-Deck-Pro v2.1 (Released 2014-08-02)

Download Uncooked Version for Map Editing Purposes ONLY:
    for Map Editing:
    (DO NOT DOWNLOAD) DM-Deck-Pro v2.1 UNCOOKED (Released 2014-08-02) (DO NOT DOWNLOAD)

OBSOLETE DOWNLOADS (DO NOT DOWNLOAD):
    for Playing (or editing) (This version was uncooked):
    (DO NOT DOWNLOAD) DM-Deck-Pro v2.0 (Released 2012-12-02) (DO NOT DOWNLOAD)

This map is currently being hosted on all of our ·-[Galaxy]-· UT3 servers. It is also on redirect for faster downloading. If you want to check it out, please join one of our server.

Our ·-[Galaxy]-· Servers:
    74.91.120.136:7777 ---- Galaxy Dallas (Duel / All Gametypes)
    74.91.124.109:7777 ---- Galaxy Chicago (Duel / All Gametypes)
    63.251.20.80:7777 ---- Galaxy New York (Duel / All Gametypes)
    66.151.138.90:7777 ---- Galaxy San Jose (Duel / All Gametypes)

Enjoy!
    -Neil

Looks nice. Downloading!

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
    Can an admin please change the [Release Candidate] to [Final] in the title of this thread? Please and Thanks <3 :-)
    You can feel free to edit this thread title by yourself, instead, if the admins are offline.

Comment

An admin was kind enough to show me how to change the title of the thread.

Comment

Good version. You have fixed many issues. But there is one thing i noticed.

This rock has no collision ... and makes no sense to me.

PS: By editing the first post and switching to advanced mode, let's you editing the thread title.

Comment

That's humiliating. I'm releasing a version with a fix for that.

Comment

New version posted. I didn't change the name. Just download the map again and replace the version in your CustomMaps folder. Sorry about that.

Comment

Better look!

It must be Deck map in winter sonata style, at one condition, this map has more improved and optimized than the original Deck in terms of details, gameplay and bots. I see that you are completing more collisions in some areas that would become more interesting ride for this map. As for this version, like the icicles, snows everywhere outside, changing the skybox, and nice creating the map title logo.

Two mirrors added:
              http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...-Deck-Pro2.zip
              http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4132 (7z, 21.2 MB)

Comment

The Definitive Version of Deck.

The only grips I have are in the outside area where the Link Gun is, there is a spot with Stinger & Enforcer Ammo behind a box that has a collision problem. Sometimes while holding forward and jumping you can not get up onto the box. Bots also get frequently stuck at that box constantly jumping trying to get up onto it. The other grip is bots fall into the green goo pit down by the shield belt way too often. Other than that, the map is Superb! I would like to see the collision error tweaked on that one box if at all possible.

WolfyBrandon

Comment

Nice modification to a killer map

Comment

Good work, thanks for the job, i have installed in MasterPlayer servers

Comment

Nice one!

chars.

Comment

(Updated 2014-08-02)

Changelog:

v2.1:
                        • Reduced poly count by 200,000 to 300,000 polies in some areas. This results in a pretty big performance boost.
                        • Fixed problematic collisions in many areas.
                        • Removed extraneous meshes that would interrupt jump boot ability.
                        • Improved collision around belt area.
                        • Removed machinery under bridge above belt area. This makes this version more like the Deck-FPS version.
                        • Increased height of jump boot area.
                        • Improved the pipe collisions above teleporter exit, making the map more like the Deck-FPS version.
                        • Many more minor tweaks.

Enjoy!
                        -CaptainMigraine

Comment

Error loading the map ("Doesn't Exist").

Comment

The download link works fine but the map is not optimised properly.
                            There are numerous improvements that can be made to this map. One of which should be done as standard. If OP wants a v2.2 then i can explain further

Comment

Working...
                            X