Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 5 Released [FINAL]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you guys like the maps

I made Vicinity with the idea that this map was being made 5 years after UT3 came out so I purposely pushed the graphics further in this map than previous maps knowing a lot of people would have better computers now. Turning the detail settings to medium or low on this map should remove most of the power hungry visuals XD

Comment

Well, maybe the old 2007 engine isn't so optimized too!

Comment

Originally posted by evilmrfrank View Post
        Glad you guys like the maps

I made Vicinity with the idea that this map was being made 5 years after UT3 came out so I purposely pushed the graphics further in this map than previous maps knowing a lot of people would have better computers now. Turning the detail settings to medium or low on this map should remove most of the power hungry visuals XD
        I upgraded my computer earlier in the year and now all of the UT 3 maps (including Vicinity) run very smooth at 62 FPS (I have it capped).

While this my cause issues on older computers, it's nice to have maps that are pushing what UT 3 can handle and I think it handles Vicinity just fine.

Comment

sweet pack!

CTF-CBP3-Radiant - I knew I’ve seen this before (the DM version was released on 7-9-10) and I did notice a hesitation in the menu while I believe the LOC file was created in this and the other two GreenLoves maps from the CBP3 Vol 5 pack. As in the DM version, the setting seems to be a dark abandoned warehouse/factory with good use of lighting/shadows. I liked the grass, lava, sparks, steam, fans, glowing pipes, shaking effects, footsteps and other ambient sounds. The gameplay is tight with some z-axis and sometimes awkward but the bots seems to be pretty decent; like the high tunnels as well. Good weapon choices and powerup locations, but I still hate the spider mines (are there spider mines in this version? Ah, it looks like not). The changes for CTF were definitely necessary and welcomed, but study the map first because you can get lost quick. The energy field/lava field around flag is especially interesting.

CTF-CBP3-Raed - yes, the gates closing after taking the enemy flag is a nice touch but still a PITA. I like the nice Nali birds, trees, flowers, butterflies, music choice, barrels, lighting, flag locations, torches and gunfire. Good z-axis and layout also make this a fun CTF map with decent bots.

CTF-CBP3-Unikon - I like the high ceilings, openness, surrounding trees and rocks, sharp rocks, iced leaves, skybox, biohazard containers, arrows and music choice. The CTF red and blues stand out against the lighting/grays of the map, it’s tough to CTF and the bots are good.

DM-CBP3-Alpu - yes, a great layout and like the added crickets, water, blowing leaves, vegetation, sounds, skybox, fans, crystals, tunnels and debris. Nice to finally have this one for UT3 and the bots are good.

DM-CBP3-Q1DM4 - this one is different from all the versions before it as it has water flooding the whole map. I also like the jumppad, broken tiles, starry skybox, broken and in-tact windows from the outside, lighting, cool red glowing teleporters and z-axis. I miss the powerups and the bots are slightly better in DM-RTTBP (by 00violator), but this one is still fun.

DM-CBP3-Refresh - the skybox is too bright but a good music choice; I like the moving lights, ramps, aqua color, jumppads (except that one), steam, layout and z-axis; I don’t like the falling; the bots are good but 6 players is one too many, so I played with 4-5 and it was better.

DM-CBP3-SpaceIt - the spinning gears, pistons, energy field, asteroids, nebulae, stars, rotation, lighting, monitors, aliens, precarious platforms, music and sounds create an unbelievable atmosphere; the gameplay is kinda tough with great falling potential and very good bots.

DM-CBP3-Vicinity - old buildings with classic tune and good layout as well as lighting; decent skybox, old signs, fans, steam, cranes and trains, oh my; bots are very tough (I did see one or two standing around a couple times though) with good z-axis and you can get stuck ever-so-slightly sometimes, but still fun.

VCTF-CBP3-InDust - VCTF should not appear in the menu with the map name; cool skybox, thunder, air streaks, explosions, , islands, water, tracks, wreckage, and sounds; although, the gameplay was kinda lame for me with too many places to get stuck and too many blocking volumes for places you want to go (I would say only seasoned VCTF players apply for this map).

Almost forgot.........shouldn't this thread also be stuck?

Comment

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the new pack!

Comment

I have been looking forward to this pack. Thank you all for making it for us.

Comment

It's a bit strange to see holp map style in cbp3 but anyway thank for this great pack!

Comment

http://thealternativegamer.com/2012/...vault-dm-alpu/ <-- an example

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I started a small website where I review UT3 maps along with other custom content for favorite games of mine. I'm currently enjoying the new CBP3 volume. I'm not a writer or even a regular reviewer so feedback of any kind would be appreciated. Also, what kind of info do you guys like to see in your UT3 map reviews? Maybe something I'm neglecting to mention or should put more focus on.

Thank you and I hope the authors never stop making these awesome packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizd3m View Post

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I started a small website where I review UT3 maps along with other custom content for favorite games of mine. I'm currently enjoying the new CBP3 volume. I'm not a writer or even a regular reviewer so feedback of any kind would be appreciated. Also, what kind of info do you guys like to see in your UT3 map reviews? Maybe something I'm neglecting to mention or should put more focus on.

Not to stray off topic too much, but I appreciate map review sites. I speed read the review on Alpu and you write very well. Be sure to put in what you do like and you don't like and why. While everyone won't agree with you, they will know "the why" behind it your opinion.

I would also consider some sort of score. It could be based on a 100 scale or 10 or 5? It can be simple as thumbs up, thumbs down, or maybe even a sideways thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizd3m View Post

Thanks for the reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                        Not to stray off topic too much, but I appreciate map review sites. I speed read the review on Alpu and you write very well. Be sure to put in what you do like and you don't like and why. While everyone won't agree with you, they will know "the why" behind it your opinion.

I would also consider some sort of score. It could be based on a 100 scale or 10 or 5? It can be simple as thumbs up, thumbs down, or maybe even a sideways thumb.
                        Yea sorry, I didn't mean to take this thread off topic, but thank you very much and I'm currently thinking of adding some sort of rating system, for me and for users to vote.

Originally posted by IceCreamYou View Post
                        Thanks for the reviews!
                        It's my pleasure

Comment

We played the maps at Epic headquarters on the Friday before release. Many of the old guard were there. These are fantastic maps, be sure to grab them!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                            We played the maps at Epic headquarters on the Friday before release. Many of the old guard were there. These are fantastic maps, be sure to grab them!
                            Haha thats so epic!

Comment

NICE MAPS! beautiful visual and fun layouts THX CBP team.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                                +1 yes grab these maps! - I helped beta test some of these and they are top notch.

Its very neat to hear this! - I'm glad that you all are still interested in the Unreal Tournament series @ Epic HQ! -

Could this be a hint? - <rhetorically speaking of course> & Flak you're awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X