Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Amyrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Amyrade

Name: Amyrade
    Game type: DM / TDM
    Version: 1.0
    Players: 4 - 8
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Story / Histoire:

According to Liandri records, Amyrade is a space station built by a very intelligent & very technologically advanced unknown race. There is no explanation why this race got rid of their station? Today, it is used by Liandri who advertise deadly tournaments! However, despite the many tournaments, Liandri robots remain to this day the ultimate winners. These robots are the pride of Liandri which some of their top fighters are displayed on few digital monitors. Are you ready to face them?

Selon les archives de Liandri, Amyrade est une station spatiale construite par une race méconnue très intelligente puis technologiquement très avancée. Il ni a pas d’explication à savoir pourquoi cette race s’est dépourvue de leur station ? De nos jours, Liandri y tient des tournois mortels ! Toutefois, malgré les multiples tournois qui y sévissent, les robots de Liandri demeurent à ce jour les ultimes vainqueurs. Ces robots sont la fierté de Liandri puis on peut, par le fait même, apercevoir des images des meilleurs combattants sur les moniteurs digitaux. Êtes-vous prêt à les affronter ?

[screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dm-amyrade00.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dm-amyrade01.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dm-amyrade02.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dm-amyrade03.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dm-amyrade05.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dm-amyrade06.jpg[/screenshot]

Downloads:

Game-Maps, UT-Files, UTZone

Installation:

Extract the archive into :

“My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps” directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Amyrade.ini
    DM-Amyrade.txt
    DM-Amyrade.ut3
    DM-Amyrade_LOC_int.upk

Details:

This is a small size, simple map which I focus on having fun with brushes. By making this map, I impose myself some restrictions to see what I can possibly achieve. Those restrictions are :

- The map must be 100% made of brushes. This is a first for me after few, heavy meshed finals maps! Total brush count is 3 129!!!
    - No static meshes allowed except pickups, jumpads, movers & teleporters
    - No terrain allowed
    - A skydome OR a skysphere is mandatory (which is the unique deco static mesh)
    - All materials must meet UT3 visuals. I mean, using materials based on HD textures with normal maps + detail normal maps
    - Everything like PostProcessing effects, particles, emitters, heightfog, decals, etc can be use to add dept & atmosphere

The features:

- The map use a sci-fi, techy theme with 100% custom materials which I made all from scratch coming from mostly custom textures
    - Custom music, the track is ‘CrashTC’ coming from my UT99 GOTY edition
    - A techy female announcer announce the Bezerk availability
    - The map as been optimized for TDM

- I was just over here cruising the forums and this caught my eye.

Well well .. you're still over here releasing maps! - This one has a nice high tech look which is amazing consider its BSP. It has your style written all over it though; dig the lighting & effects.. while it is on the busier side you managed to somehow keep it clean .. Nice work. (Fridays are great days to release maps aren't they? & It always feels rewarding to complete things that you start!)

Comment

Yep, you bet bro

Always great to release fresh content the Friday's lol

Indeed, it is very rewarding ! THX for the compliment bro & have fun !!!

Comment

Wow this map is insane Steve. Awesome job on this!! So much to look at and so much detail. I love the colors and materials you chose and the little touches like the sounds when passing through the tunnel with the blue material on the sides. It all adds up to a totally professional HOLP style map. Congrats!

Comment

Excellent job on this map Steve...it's a keeper, 5 out of 5 on the Richter Beltmont scale. The aesthetic artwork and textures/lighting used is very high quality and very unique, very colorful as well...which is the main thing Unreal Tournament III needs is colorful maps. You have also made this one in outer space which is another super plus. I have no complaints of course. I do think you should try to make the skybox look better, not a big deal at all but if you take a look at the Quake-style map DM-1on1-Duality, check out the skybox used it is so beautiful for star skies. Although, I am not sure if it is easy to change or make but it would definitely add to your map. I also love the killzone pit you added. Keep up the great work man.

Comment

I like it man, good work, nice fps too
            I've added it to our Team DeathMatch server now

Comment

Yes, I agree with everything said so far and will give my official review later.

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                Wow this map is insane Steve. Awesome job on this!! So much to look at and so much detail. I love the colors and materials you chose and the little touches like the sounds when passing through the tunnel with the blue material on the sides. It all adds up to a totally professional HOLP style map. Congrats!
                Ha ha! THX Martin

Happy you like it bud, enjoy the frag fest

Originally posted by Starship Ghost View Post
                Excellent job on this map Steve...it's a keeper, 5 out of 5 on the Richter Beltmont scale. The aesthetic artwork and textures/lighting used is very high quality and very unique, very colorful as well...which is the main thing Unreal Tournament III needs is colorful maps. You have also made this one in outer space which is another super plus. I have no complaints of course. I do think you should try to make the skybox look better, not a big deal at all but if you take a look at the Quake-style map DM-1on1-Duality, check out the skybox used it is so beautiful for star skies. Although, I am not sure if it is easy to change or make but it would definitely add to your map. I also love the killzone pit you added. Keep up the great work man.
                THX m8

Yeah, lighting on this map isn't my regular style but I felt to make something different & it seem the result turn up very well hihi

I had thought of making the sky material look better. I always make my sky look better then the stock one. Therefore, it's barely visible & won't be a big plus in this map in particular. I would had make the map look to busy so I've decided to use the stock space material instead.

It was a good learning experience & I'm happy you like it m8

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                  I like it man, good work, nice fps too
                  I've added it to our Team DeathMatch server now
                  Great man

THX & have fun

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                  Yes, I agree with everything said so far and will give my official review later.
                  Looking forward your review m8

Comment

me like those sexy lights this map goes to my collection heheheh

Comment

Awesome BSP work, original & nice map, GJ Steve !

Comment

Congratz on reaching Final!

the map is awesome, myself I'd never have the patience to make a map like this :P

5/5, no doubt about it, quite a feat using only BSP aswell

Comment

another good one!

I like the use of the custom textures, good custom music, chosen colors, trim, designs, theme, lighting, sounds and crazy layout. I enjoyed the berzerk announcements, sounds while flying through the map near ceiling at beginning and flow of the map. Not too fond of the bottom blue death area though, but it is good there is that lip to fall on first. The bots are good and anyone want a collection? Dang it, how did that comment get in there?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                            me like those sexy lights this map goes to my collection heheheh
                            Good

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                            Awesome BSP work, original & nice map, GJ Steve !
                            THX bro

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
                            Congratz on reaching Final!

the map is awesome, myself I'd never have the patience to make a map like this :P

5/5, no doubt about it, quite a feat using only BSP aswell
                            THX for the compliment bud, happy you like it

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                            I like the use of the custom textures, good custom music, chosen colors, trim, designs, theme, lighting, sounds and crazy layout. I enjoyed the berzerk announcements, sounds while flying through the map near ceiling at beginning and flow of the map. Not too fond of the bottom blue death area though, but it is good there is that lip to fall on first. The bots are good and anyone want a collection? Dang it, how did that comment get in there?
                            THX for the review m8

Comment

Good to see people comment on this superb map!!

Very well done Steve!!

Comment

Working...
                              X