Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Albatross 4.0 [PC]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Albatross 4.0 [PC]

Description
    UT3 Remake of DM-1on1 Albatross [UT2004]. One of my favorite DM maps that i wanted to keep close to the original.
    - A 1v1/ duel Map - 4 players max
    - Lots of improvements
    dd/mm/year
    PC Download Link Version 4.0 [22/07/12]
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/22019...SetupExtra.rar

PS3 Download Link Version 3.0-With screenshot!
    - here's a new PS3 version; 3.0:
    MODDB:
    http://www.ut3mod.com/2012/08/deathm...albatross.html
    Mediafire;
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aa75ayh17k0nous
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/aa75ay...batrossPS3.rar
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aa75ayh17k0nous
    Gamefront;
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21946...batrossPS3.rar
    These Images Do not Represent Final version

Contents
    ** 1 X MAP = "DM-Albatros"
    ** 2 X UPK
    1. AlbatrossPackage [Map Contents]
    3. UT2004Pickups [weapon base + medium health Base + Medium Health]
    ** 1 X Script =
    1.UT2004_Content

Recommendations; for that old skool feeling
    * RipperLitev2
    * UT2004 LightningGun
    * UT2004 Flak Cannon
    * UT2004 HYPERUnreal2k4
    * UT2004 Redeemer Projectile

Credits
    * original author of this map; Ryan Brucks
    - & to Xtreme for the converter tool;
    - To everyone who bug tested and reported
    big thanks to RattleSN4K3*& Wolfy.Brandon; for their in-depth analysis
    -sly
    -NickG

OLD Side Notes
    * i was not able to find a link to an equivalent [final] version of this map- i was only able to find one other version, and it was uncooked,- i did not use it
    - as seen here - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...on-from-UT2004
    * i just started this from the beginning myself using ut2004.
    - i will probably release a version with more content, maybe weather effects etc some other time.
    - The PS3 version screenshot and water textures do not work.

You're like.. SO AWESOME dude, it's my favourite map

Thank you!

Comment

It's indeed awesome, downloading. But maybe you could tweak the leaf material of the UT2004 meshes as they always seemed to have an unrealistic/comic-like green colour. Other than that, the lighting looks great - and gameplay is great anway, it's Albatross!

Comment

héhé....looking cool, and it s nice to have a 1v1 new map for UT3; thx for ur work mate ...D/Lding

Comment

* I have uploaded a PS3 link in the first post.

* Thanks for the comments all;
          P.S.
          It would be nice if you could download Psyche and comment aswel.
          - psyche took me like 10 times longer to make.

-also ill give a shout out to Steve for his "DM-Amissa Night Edition" map built similar to albatross; if people like this sorta stuff they should try it.

Comment

Great work. I played it because i liked the 2004 version. At the end there is a Bug list with screenshots (damn no spoiler).

---------------------------

Do you know Stevelois version of Albatross? I really like it and and fits more the UT3-ish theme.
            DM-Amissa
            http://stevelois.wordpress.com/ut-ga...als/dm-amissa/
            DM-Amissa Night Edition
            http://stevelois.wordpress.com/ut-ga.../dm-amissa-ne/

---------------------------
            Your version plays better than the one you mentioned. The other one does not work (at least if you just download and try to play it). Your version has some things i don't like. Here a short list of the issues:
            - Map name differs (Albatros and Albatross; original one is DM-1on1-Albatross)
            - Player amount differs (INI and thread)
            - The preview image looks better without the yellow UED border

The visual look is quite okay. So i just commented gameplay bugs. Now some commented screenshots.
            The screenshots don't represent the quality of the visual look of the map as they were shot using a low graphic profile and a unlit viewmode.
            (the screenshots were sorted but the naming scheme of imageshack mixed the files. So nevermind.)

you die if you feigh here and you drop through the bridge. Apparently not always, but occaisonally.

you get stuck here. It's near the jumpboots

Strange collision on steps

strange collision here again

same collision bug on the steps

rock has no collision

rock has no collision there

Comment

elevator has a smooth movement, not able to jump properly like on the UT2kx

feign to glitch

floating HP pack

floating HP pack

also strange scale

if you pass the edge you get pushed to the left

not able to pass there (like if was possible on the 2004 version)

Comment

player can slip through the bridge

Deemer does not fit small maps (like this one)

Cannot strafe to the right

bootjump can be used for glitching

bad scaled

bad scaled water reflection texture (but it won't be seen)

Comment

Hello TKBS,

I am very happy to see one of the main levels I played for UT2K4 has made it to UT3, thank you for making this. I love how you were able to create the same atmosphere the map had in UT2K4, it is very faithful to the original. I was able to have a lot of fun on the map just like I had when playing it within UT2K4. However, sadly I bumped into a few major issues that really interrupt gameplay for me. Main one being when trying to walk onto the lift in the middle of the map it would stop me unless I used the right most side of it (This glitch got me killed a few times!) After running into that issue I decided to give the map my usual test and was able to find numerous other issues with it. I sent you a long detailed private message with feedback and screenshots showing the problems I discovered. I would really love to see an improved / updated v1.1 release of this map since it was one I use to play a lot. This map has a lot of potential and is near a perfect remake of the original map, it just needs a few fixes & tweaks to make it more polished and superb. Please check the private messages I sent you and consider releasing a v1.1 I would really love to have it!

@RattleSN4K3: Yes I have also found quite a few issues with the map. I have sent a private message to the author with my screenshots showing the issues I was able to find. I hope this map receives an update!

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                  - The preview image looks better without the yellow UED border
                  +1

Edit: DM-1on1-Albatross name would be nice when updating to v1.1

WolfyBrandon

Comment

Good remake from the UT2004 1on1 map, bud. Great feelings for this UT3 version, so downloading!

Comment

@ RattleSN4K3;
                      -Post 2/ Image 2..
                      -Feign to Glitch
                      - Please elaborate.!!where is that position

- I really appreciate the item and effort you spent testing [even if it is for selfish gain ]
                      - but that 1 image is extremely difficult for me to fix - because i have no idea where it is [all others i have found]
                      // also how are you even playing my maps when your ut3 does not work?

@ Brandon
                      ill deal with your requests as pm- to avoid a huge thread

- most of the issues are left over from the port - if you guys want another version you will have to break the rules because i originally wanted this ful of udk content- - which i might add is "free for commercial use"- but apparently i cannot use it for a game i f_king payed for.
                      - hence why this map is umm 'not that well made'
                      blame flak

- also i did say i would release another version that is more "ut3-ified"- so keep the fixes + comments coming in and eventually youll get what u want
                      - & Thanks everyone [cheers Tux]

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                        @ RattleSN4K3;
                        -Post 2/ Image 2..
                        -Feign to Glitch
                        - Please elaborate.!!where is that position
                        On top of the smaller elevator.

- I really appreciate the item and effort you spent testing [even if it is for selfish gain ]
                        - but that 1 image is extremely difficult for me to fix - because i have no idea where it is [all others i have found]
                        I was using the BugIt feature so i thought the location of the screenshot plus rotation will be printed to the screenshot.

// also how are you even playing my maps when your ut3 does not work?
                        My UT3 works but my one PC is cut off from internet due to scare-/malware.

Comment

It's not the first remake of Albatross for UT3!
                          There's another one, DM Amiss or something like that!

Comment

You mean stevelois' map Amissa, it's part of the UOF Mappack 3, but it's not a faithful remake but an inspired version, can be compared to Lord PorkSword's Unreal remake "Legacy" and this version could be compared to my remake, LPS does a modernized/inspired remake whereas I try to make it as faithful as I can.

Comment

guys i appreciate the comments-
                              - but i would appreciate more if you actually read my posts...

* I have uploaded a PS3 link in the first post.

* Thanks for the comments all;
                              P.S.
                              It would be nice if you could download Psyche and comment aswel.
                              - psyche took me like 10 times longer to make.

-also ill give a shout out to Steve for his "DM-Amissa Night Edition" map built similar to albatross; if people like this sorta stuff they should try it.
                              - lets try to focus on me and the map issues rather than someone else and an entirely different map- pls

Comment

Working...
                              X