Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-SerenityBay !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mruczek View Post
    Mmmmm.m.. Sexy
    Not as much sexy as I thought it could had been when I conceived of the map. It turned out to be a night (right after sunset) map which somewhat reduced the abandoned community feeling. But I had to make it like that because I wanted to fully control the lighting and using lighting to guide the flow so that the map could be more player-friendly. And there was also another big reason that was the lighting system of UT3, which is not GI-based, could be very problematic when using sunlight or ambient light to get something really neat. I don't want to explain the detail but if you ever tried make a map of GI-like lighting in UT3, you know what I mean.

This is what I imagined:

And this is what I had to make:

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    i have same feelings mate and i like a lot ur analize, imo it s very hard to use a fast fps game as a showcase for a very demanding new engine, it require a very subtile balance in all, + it s an enormous challenge to bring a new version after a "quite" perfect one
    Yup, to achieve that level of balance they need a little bit of perfectionism. That's a tough task when nowadays most man power is put into next-gen details or cinematic stuff or something else that makes a game look like a blockbuster movie. I love games telling great story like what rockstar did, but UT should be different, very much, or at least technically.

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
    Have to say beautiful setting, fantastic attention to detail and great use of the custom assets. Simply top work, thanks for your efforts.
    Thank you!

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
    Dude you are the gold standard for mapping. The detail is mind blowing. Thanks for this awesome level!

I agree totally with everything you said about the original UT. The only thing I would add is that there was an underlying sick humor (probably the Cliffy factor) with the gore and funny taunts that gave the game life and always made me smile. I play UT3 quite a bit because I like the graphics and the general game play is good enough (and I play mostly HOLP style maps) but it has a cold heart. To me, in a nutshell, the core of UT3 feels as lifeless, humorless, and characterless as "demo guy". Hopefully if they ever work on UT4, I hope Cliffy will be heavily involved.
    Agree!
    The characters of UT99 or quake 3 were fantastic. But Q4 was not good at this aspect, BECAUSE OF THE SPACE MARINE STUFF. Technically Q4 made the same mistake as UT3, the Q4 characters looked as lifeless as UT3, just not that fat.
    Attached Files

Comment

great map!

I guess this is one of the areas in the post-apocalyptical environment that either didn't get hit very hard or started recovering quickly. I liked the boats, bridges, smoke plume, buildings, cars, vans, docks, lighthouse, trees, glass, portals, lighting/shadows, bird sounds and other details. Definitely a TDM or exploratory map and the gameplay (best as TeamDM) is as expected although a little tighter than originally thought. I like the locations of some of the powerups. Keep up the good work and I like all the bug fixes and added sounds in this final version.

Comment

PS3 cook of DM-SerenityBay now up at www.ut3mod.com

Comment

Wow. This is insanely beautiful! Impressive as always, chonglee.

I've also mirrored both versions on Mapraider's three mirrors:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5779

Comment

Thanks a lot to KurlonT and FreakinMeany!
            Both mirrors are added into the original post.

Comment

Offtopic what happened to fallin skies tv movie is discontinued or so?

Hey chonglee any chance for some new ctf map like that unforgeteable sabr? in next long months┬┐ XD

Comment

Tested this map and had no issues with it. Superb map mate as always!
                Don't forget UTzone.de; I've uploaded this map to that site, so here's the link:

http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4043
                The archive is a "7-Zip" format, loaded up till now.

@DarkSonny: Check the article of the TV show, it will be continued to the new season (if wish to do so), inspired from his map.

Comment

Hi tux is nice know is not discontinued is a great tv show haha

pd: I sent you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                    Offtopic what happened to fallin skies tv movie is discontinued or so?

Hey chonglee any chance for some new ctf map like that unforgeteable sabr? in next long months┬┐ XD
                    I can't assure you there will be another CTF. I am having no decision of what to make next. I have a couple of prototype maps right now but just haven't found enough motivation to work more for any of them.
                    If there would be any news for another UT or Unreal, then my motivation will be boosted at once!
                    I guess my next map, will probably be a very neat one, nothing like Serenity Bay, and not like Glacial or PT4 too. And I hope it will take less time to make.

Originally posted by Tux Android View Post
                    Tested this map and had no issues with it. Superb map mate as always!
                    Don't forget UTzone.de; I've uploaded this map to that site, so here's the link:

http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4043
                    The archive is a "7-Zip" format, loaded up till now.

@DarkSonny: Check the article of the TV show, it will be continued to the new season (if wish to do so), inspired from his map.

Mirror added in the first post. Thank you!

Good to know falling skies se2 is coming. I am a big fan of sci-fi shows. Can't wait.

Comment

Played the map and like all of your maps, it's a keeper.

The custom content and attention to detail is awesome! You may get killed more than once looking at the map.

The game play is solid given it's realistic theme.

Thanks for another great map.

Comment

Hello all, just curious here, Im very late to the party here at the forums, but I agree in keeping UT3 alive and kicking even now in 2013. My question for this map is that whenever I try to load it to my ps3, it just crashes the system. Has anyone had this same problem? Ive tried uploading it without that many mods installed and the same thing has occured. Also I know not to be a burden with asking about things being cooked to the ps3, im currently learning UDK to make maps for myself and others which i will be more than happy to cook for all ps3 users who still come on. Thanks for your time, sorry for this awkward post lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wargarble View Post
                          Hello all, just curious here, Im very late to the party here at the forums, but I agree in keeping UT3 alive and kicking even now in 2013. My question for this map is that whenever I try to load it to my ps3, it just crashes the system. Has anyone had this same problem? Ive tried uploading it without that many mods installed and the same thing has occured. Also I know not to be a burden with asking about things being cooked to the ps3, im currently learning UDK to make maps for myself and others which i will be more than happy to cook for all ps3 users who still come on. Thanks for your time, sorry for this awkward post lol
                          Dumb question: If you have a PC capable of working in the UDK why would you play UT3 on your PS3? (not trying to be an a$$). Also, I know people have ported UT3 maps to UDK but going from UDK to UT3 doesn't buy you anything AFAIK. In fact, you may actually lose items that are UDK specific so if you're just wanting to make a UT3 map, you may just want to stay in the UT3 editor (unless you're building the structure in another tool like 3DSMax).

Comment

Dumb question: If you have a PC capable of working in the UDK why would you play UT3 on your PS3? (not trying to be an a$$). Also, I know people have ported UT3 maps to UDK but going from UDK to UT3 doesn't buy you anything AFAIK. In fact, you may actually lose items that are UDK specific so if you're just wanting to make a UT3 map, you may just want to stay in the UT3 editor (unless you're building the structure in another tool like 3DSMax).
                            No offense taken, Im new to all of this so I apologize. But one thing I didnt specify that I should have is that, even though I have UDK, my computer is crap and just laggs like crazy. I understand now that me mentioning that I have UDK was kind of pointless due to the nature of my question. I can only play UT3 on my ps3 at the moment. Sorry for the confusion. I would really like to play this map but it just crashes my ps3 for some reason. In the next few days when I get a new computer and im able to run UDK smoothly, Ill buy UT3 for pc and so-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargarble View Post
                              No offense taken, Im new to all of this so I apologize. But one thing I didnt specify that I should have is that, even though I have UDK, my computer is crap and just laggs like crazy. I understand now that me mentioning that I have UDK was kind of pointless due to the nature of my question. I can only play UT3 on my ps3 at the moment. Sorry for the confusion. I would really like to play this map but it just crashes my ps3 for some reason. In the next few days when I get a new computer and im able to run UDK smoothly, Ill buy UT3 for pc and so-on.
                              Okay that all makes sense. Welcome to the forums by the way! Hope you get set up to play so you can play Chonglee's maps which are incredible!

Comment

Okay that all makes sense. Welcome to the forums by the way! Hope you get set up to play so you can play Chonglee's maps which are incredible!
                                Thank you! I hope so too here soon, they definitly look astonishing!

Comment

Working...
                                X