Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-1on1-Pure-Pro2 (Remake) [Final] (Updated 2013-03-01) Better Lighting & Gameplay!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-1on1-Pure-Pro2 (Remake) [Final] (Updated 2013-03-01) Better Lighting & Gameplay!

Name: DM-1on1-Pure-Pro2

Version: Pro2 (Updated 2013-03-01)

Compatibility: Titan Pack Required

Description: In 2279 The Liandri Mining Corperation acquired several defensive satellites from Pure Research Corp. Liandri has spent the past two and a half decades refurbishing these abandoned installations for Tournament use. This facility is one such satellite located in orbit around the planet Paradime, commissioned to defend the high concentration of Tridium found in its massive rings.

Comments:

First and foremost, this is a remake of a map called DM-1on1-Pure released by Sdruifos in 2008.

This version aims to fix collision issues and take on a completely different look, while having similar gameplay as the original map. Much of the BSP (map geometry) is the same.

Some of the key differences include:
    • Differently shaped staircases in the rocket launcher and belt areas
    • All staircases have proper blocking volumes to make staircases behave like ramps and block all projectiles so that projectiles like rockets, flak, bio always collide with the stairs instead of going through them.
    • Improved shock rifle area (larger, more space to fight)
    • Somewhat larger walkways near flak.
    • Rocket launcher has been moved to bottom of stairs to remove line of sight from 50armor, increase distance from stinger, and make it easier to grab from lower areas of the room.
    • Dropoff leading to belt has been significantly enlarged so that it's easier to dodge down to belt.
    • Wall dodging from 50armor to biorifle has an improved landing ledge.
    • Doorway near 50armor has been enlarged so that you can enter and exit easier.
    • Most walls have blocking volumes to help reduce collision issues when wall dodging.

What's Different in Pro2?
    • Vastly improved lighting and color. Improved for colorblind people. This is how I always envisioned Pure-Pro would look, I simply wasn't very good with lighting when I first released this map.
    • Slightly improved blocking volumes in some areas.
    • Improved lifts for easier and more reliable lift jumping.
    • Jump pads now have air control on them.
    • Fixed a few Geometry related things, trims, etc.

Screenshots: (Updated 2013-03-01 to show improved lighting)

Credits:

I created this map over the span of 3 weeks taking over 200 hours to complete. Special thanks to Elude for helping create the incredibly trippy gas planet with rings, jump pads, emitter effects, and various other contributions.

Thanks to L.S.D.GoD, i2icochet, Karateka, Madara, Legionz, Iono, SaunaCowboy, Rookie, Mechiktaj, Voidy, Novaz, JetSpandex, Satan's Father and others for constructive criticism and words of praise.

Custom Music: Pbasiq-Hesitate (by: digitaldawn)

Homepage: http://www.galaxypugs.com Home of the North American UT3 Community

Download:

Originally posted by Get your Downloads right here

Obsolete Downloads (These are no longer recommended because DM-1on1-Pure-Pro2 was released. Get that version instead).

DM-1on1-Pure-Pro (OBSOLETE)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?43zoiw3hkf3aw3m
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21141...1-Pure-Pro.zip

DM-1on1-Pure-Pro PS3 Version (OBSOLETE) Thanks KurlonT
    http://www.ut3mod.com/2011/12/deathm...-pure-pro.html
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3edgae0ph3mljcm

-Neil

Superb! A Must Have.

Simply A Must Have For Every DM Player!

Amazing remake Neillithan... I actually have the original DM-1on1-Pure by Sdruifos, and upon first glance I can hardly believe it's a remake of the same map. The map has lovely Z-Axis gameplay and is just one of those maps that is so well balanced I can feel comfortable with any of the weapons in my hand that is included in the map. The visuals are great and the map has a nice clean feeling to it. This map is a good example of having the perfect scale, I have played other maps that just didn't feel right. I also noticed the background you used with the planet and the rings. It was beautiful even if with my settings I could slightly notice where the animation of it changes to a solid picture. Everything else about this map was perfect, and I also really liked the blue jump pads you used. Thanks for all the hard work and hours you spent creating this map, it is a Superb map that every DM player should have in his/her collection.

WolfyBrandon

Comment

Good remake, fun to play, but Pro?

So I've put this map up on my servers and kicked around in it a bit. There is a lot to like about this remake. Obviously it looks amazing. The movement is much better both in terms of flow and in that you aren't getting caught up on random bits of BSP. I particularly felt the dodge between the stinger and 50 armor helped me get around faster. Basically if this was a FFA DM map it would be a 100% improvement. In fact I think this version is well suited to FFA DM and will add it to the DM map lists on my servers.

That all said for duels I think time will tell if it's an improvement. Pure was already a very strong duel map before this remake. The one negative that could be said about it was it was slightly too easy to spawn kill players. This version has taken the slightly right out of the equation. With faster movement and larger openings it is much easier to spawn kill on this version than the old one. No sight line from the original pure was diminished where as many were added or enhanced. The reason I say time will tell is even though everything suggests this map will be less tactical and more aim based than the original version, it's hard to count out the ingenuity of the player base. Will players be clever enough to find new ways to stay alive long enough to stay in the game? Will the new openness and flow actually work in favor of making it easier to get to weapons? Or will this be a map like Penetrated where everything hinges on who gets first blood? Time will tell.

For now this is definitely a more "newb friendly" version of the map. I know the improved flow and graphics will help it get played in FFA DM a lot more. This should help both maps popularity when it comes to duel and that can only be a good thing.

Comment

Thanks! Looks good.

Comment

Nice map and plays great on the PS3.

PS3 version is now up at UT3MOD.COM: DM-1on1-Pure-Pro

Comment

Oh, hey. Thanks!

I will put your link at the top of the page. Glad you like the map.

BTW, I noticed the filesize for the PS3 version is much smaller. How was this accomplished?

Also, I noticed when downloading the file, it's called USERDATA.JAM ... is this the right file? Can this be renamed to something more appropriate?

-Neil

Comment

Karateka gave words of praise eh? I bet he also suggested it get turned into some sort of sniper map...

Comment

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
                Oh, hey. Thanks!

I will put your link at the top of the page. Glad you like the map.

BTW, I noticed the filesize for the PS3 version is much smaller. How was this accomplished?

Also, I noticed when downloading the file, it's called USERDATA.JAM ... is this the right file? Can this be renamed to something more appropriate?

-Neil
                Not sure on the total workings of PS3 Mod cooking...Euchreplayer23 does all of our PS3 cooks.
                As for the file name...PS3 can only install "userdata.jam"...but it will unpack and import as the normal mod name.
                BTW If you don't want a PS3 cook done of the map just let me know and I will take it down.

Comment

excellent map!

This is a remake of an original map I never tried, so just this will be reviewed on its own. A good atmosphere is created by the spinning base effect with the outside visuals (skybox, etc.), lighting and tex/meshes. Excellent gameplay is created by classic layout, plenty of z-axis and decent bots. This must be a blast online!

Comment

Oh, hi.
                    I managed to find how to get to my old account (hurray password resets).
                    Also, wow, it's already been 4 years since I made this map, that feels weird. Even weirder, someone made a remake!

I can't use UT3 on my computer so I can't actually test it, but it seems you fixed the most common complaints I got about it (mostly blocking walls and weird stairs), and of course it doesn't look like a map taken straight from UT99 anymore. Nice work!

Comment

Sdruifos

Originally posted by Sdruifos View Post
                      Wow, it's already been 4 years since I made this map, that feels weird. Even weirder, someone made a remake!
                      Is it even weirder that you managed to post about it today, and I just happened to play it today?

WolfyBrandon

Comment

Originally posted by Sdruifos View Post
                        Oh, hi.
                        I managed to find how to get to my old account (hurray password resets).
                        Also, wow, it's already been 4 years since I made this map, that feels weird. Even weirder, someone made a remake!

I can't use UT3 on my computer so I can't actually test it, but it seems you fixed the most common complaints I got about it (mostly blocking walls and weird stairs), and of course it doesn't look like a map taken straight from UT99 anymore. Nice work!
                        Hey there. Glad your initial impressions are positive. I decided to upload a video so that you can see the map without having to reinstall UT3. If you go to the first page, you will see it below the map description. Your original map was always a lot of fun and I feel like I nailed several playability issues in my remake. Some would argue that it's worse, not better... but it all depends on your taste. I prefer being unimpeded by tight doorways and obstacles, some prefer the added difficulty of having to be careful when going to certain areas. My preference can be attributed to my upbringing in UT2003/UT2004, a much more spacious game with large doorways.

I tried really hard to keep the original gameplay of your map, but some things just had to be changed. I hope you are not offended by that. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

-Neil

Comment

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Definitely agree with Wolfy.Brandon and Random54's comments.

And not that you need another backup link, but I figured I'd let you know that everything is also mirrored on Mapraider's three mirrors:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5780

Comment

Hey guys, I have released Version Pro2 of this map.

Pro2 has vastly superior lighting. You can see from the screenshots.

It has slightly better blocking volumes in some areas so that your sniper shots, shock beams and shock cores don't hit certain walls as you're trying to shoot around them.

It has improved lifts so that you can jump around the map easier.

Jump pads have air control.

I changed the stars to better looking stars.

Fixed a few cosmetic annoyances.

Please enjoy!

You can play this map at any of the Galaxy Duel servers, and this version will be available on Welcome to the Void and Tea Drinkers & Teabaggers Public Deathmatch servers! :-)

Check em out. :-)

-[Galaxy]- Chicago (Duel / All GameTypes) 74.91.124.109:7777
                            -[Galaxy]- Denver (Duel / All GameTypes)
                            -[Galaxy]- Dallas (Duel / All GameTypes) 74.91.120.136:7777
                            -[Galaxy]- Los Angeles (Duel / All GameTypes) 66.151.138.90:7777
                            -[Galaxy]- New York (Duel / All GameTypes) 63.251.20.80:7777
                            -[Galaxy]- Welcome to the Void (Dallas DM) void.game.nfoservers.com:7777
                            -[Galaxy]- Tea Drinkers & Teabaggers (Chicago DM) 216.246.109.163:7777

Comment

Looks very nice. Downloading!
                              Review of this and Lea (necrobump) soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X