Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Evil Map Pack Final-PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cRaZyLaDy*SIG* View Post
    Great map pack. I love these atmospheric maps. Thanks.
    thx u bro ...

Comment

Originally posted by carlos_killar View Post
      wheres the ps3 cook? we appreciate good maps as well. dont leave us hanging on this one
      yeah bro, I had some problems here for the PS3 version, but I'm counting on the help of a friend in particular ... you're working on it now, so it has an answer, he'll tell me what problems encountered,

the more I believe that with his great experience he will bring the evil version of the map pack for ps3

ps: thx for sub in my youtube channel

Comment

General comments
        - looks great, really nice map pack
        as i have discussed with u before on threads and in PM, it all looks really nice so i shall just say the things that could change[etc] ,

** i still see room for improving gameplay, in regards to : pickups and the tight corridors and columns on some maps.-
        - all the upks are seperate still...

Blackskull-
        - empty, and no real variation.
        - tight corridors, dead ends and too many rocket launchers?
        - the weapon placements and pickups.....

Capella
        - Really Nice, truly nice simple good looking map.
        - i think it could be bigger, less clumsy and tight again.whole map size x 1.3, or even 1.5 times bigger.
        - sky

Castle
        - really nice for gameplay
        - visually it looks nice, but again very simple and square, everytime i entered a space i expected to see statues or thinsg on the walls, but nope.. just same walls.

Darker
        - love this map
        - you have great variance in materials, and static mesh.
        - really nice flow and paths, fps like 180 and stuff ...

**- ^^ this is what all the other maps need aswel ^^^ **

room for imporvement for Darker:
        - remove materials from BSP faces that people do not see
        - lightmap res: 65536 or watever that number is
        - becuase u have corridors and corners, you can set your CullDistance to a nice small number:- if u are in room a/ with rocket... you do not need to have - the rest of the map loaded, becuase you can only see the immediate walls
        = smaller file size,

DevilsHouse
        - another ncie simple map. good stuff
        - outside you need to add blocking volumes or at least move the Killz-Volime up..
        - you can run around many areas of rock and get stuck.
        - i cannot help but imagine a distant castle, covered in fog.. to add scenery..- maybe somethign that looks liek one of you other maps in the distance

Evil
        - amazing, truly great all round.
        - but again..
        -you still have those puddles of water that reflect a random GOW scene, it just does not work.-

0verall.

** it is worth repeating that this a great map pack, however,
        - i truly feel you could spend 1 hour extra on each map and change the pickups and weapons alot.

- Darker and capella and awesome, but i think could still improve with only a small amount of work.

- add some more eye-candy here and there

- i have said all this stuff before and it looks liek you did not do any of it

- thank you for the assets and the maps, it is a great map pack, i just think you could make this perfect:
        - you obviously spent alot of time on this [why not finish it right?]

p.s. i know this is in final section but you can still change these things.

PS3:
        Good luck with getting this to work on PS3.
        ^^ because i do not think it will..
        FYI - i have already tried
        - VCTF-Evil & VCTF-accursed are not PS3 compatible.

- your DM-Evil is definitely not ps3 compatible, and neither was mine

Thanks for releasing these

VCTF-Evil:
        http://www.gamefront.com/files/20686...il_offline_rar

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
          General comments
          - looks great, really nice map pack
          as i have discussed with u before on threads and in PM, it all looks really nice so i shall just say the things that could change[etc] ,

** i still see room for improving gameplay, in regards to : pickups and the tight corridors and columns on some maps.-
          - all the upks are seperate still...

Blackskull-

- empty, and no real variation.
          - tight corridors, dead ends and too many rocket launchers?
          - the weapon placements and pickups.....

Capella
          - Really Nice, truly nice simple good looking map.
          - i think it could be bigger, less clumsy and tight again.whole map size x 1.3, or even 1.5 times bigger.
          - sky

Castle
          - really nice for gameplay
          - looks nice, but again very simple and square, everytime i entered a space i expected to see statues or thinsg on the walls, but nope.. just same walls.

Darker
          - love this map
          - you have great variance in materials, and static mesh.
          - really nice flow and paths, fps like 180 and stuff ...

**- ^^ this is what all the other maps need aswel ^^^ **

room for imporvement for Darker:
          - remove materials from BSP faces that people do not see
          - lightmap res: 65536 or watever that number is
          - becuase u have corridors and corners, you can set your CullDistance to a nice small number:- if u are in room a/ with rocket... you do not need to have - the rest of the map loaded, becuase you can only see the immediate walls
          = smaller file size,

DevilsHouse
          - another ncie simple map. good stuff
          - outside you need to add blocking volumes or at least move the Killz-Volime up..
          - you can run around many areas of rock and get stuck.
          - i cannot help but imagine a distant castle, covered in fog.. to add scenery..- maybe somethign that looks liek one of you other maps in the distance

Evil
          - amazing.
          - but again..
          -you still have those puddles of water that reflect a random GOW scene, it just does not work.-

0verall.

** it is worth repeating that this a great map pack, however,
          - i truly feel you could spend 1 hour extra on each map and change the pickups and weapons alot.

- Darker and capella and awesome, but i think could still improve with only a small amount of work.

- add some more eye-candy here and there

- i have said all this stuff before and it looks liek you did not do any of it

- thank you for the assets and the maps, it is a great map pack, i just think you could make this perfect:
          - you obviously spent alot of time on this [why not finish it right?]

p.s. i know this is in final section but you can still change these things.

PS3:
          Good luck with getting this to work on PS3.
          ^^ because i do not think it will..
          FYI - i have already tried
          - VCTF-Evil & VCTF-accursed are not PS3 compatible.

- your DM-Evil is definitely not ps3 compatible, and neither was mine

Thanks for releasing these

VCTF-Evil:
          http://www.gamefront.com/files/20686...il_offline_rar
          Thanks for the comments brother, i attention to everything that you said in our next project

i'll try Evil VCTF asap , see yeah

Comment

Sorry, is there any direct download link?...............

Comment

Holy fraggin' ****! Architecturally speaking, these are beautiful.

I've also mirrored this on Mapraider's three mirrors and snapped a handful of additional screenshots.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5701

Edit: Both PC and PS3 versions available on our mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinMeany View Post
                Holy fraggin' ****! Architecturally speaking, these are beautiful.

I've also mirrored this on Mapraider's three mirrors and snapped a handful of additional screenshots.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5701
                Map Raider mirror added ... Thanks brother

Comment

Any stratgyinformer or UT3 maps net website link plan? T-T.........

Comment

I WANNA GO AND PLAY IN THE TREES!
                    Ahem, having got that off my chest

Feckin marvelous mate. You’ve got some serious talent. I had this pack in its beta stage and didn’t get around to commenting. Not quite sure which map was which now, but no worries, I’ll play em all

DM Capella, DM Evil and what I seem to have as TLOM are my favorites.
                    Regarding the playing in the trees. On DM Evil you have put so much work into the outside with the trees and the monuments it does seem an awful shame that none of its accessible. It just looks fantastic and I want to go and play there.
                    If you ever feel like expanding the map…….but I expect you’ve had enough by now.
                    Thanks very much. It’s an epic pack….well, should be anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by symphonyhell View Post
                      yeah bro, I had some problems here for the PS3 version, but I'm counting on the help of a friend in particular ... you're working on it now, so it has an answer, he'll tell me what problems encountered,

the more I believe that with his great experience he will bring the evil version of the map pack for ps3

ps: thx for sub in my youtube channel
                      Hey there symphonyhell! These sure do look fantastic. To repeat another post in this thread: you have talent for sure.

Unfortunately, I have yet to enjoy all your hard work - being a lowly PS3 player of UT3, I downloaded the cooked maps for the PS3 and gave them a go. I still have to try them all, but the DM maps I have tried don't seem to work for me so far. So I eagerly await the outcome of your PS3 testing, and if you think I can help, just let me know.

Many thanks and keep up the excellent work.

Comment

qwerty, I cooked these maps for SH. They entire pack works for me on my system (PS3 Slim). (You have a PS3 Phat?) Try replaying the maps without custom chars/mutators (zero other options).

I would not of gave it to SH if it didn't work for me and other PS3ers.

Originally posted by qwertyu42 View Post
                        Unfortunately, I have yet to enjoy all your hard work - being a lowly PS3 player of UT3, I downloaded the cooked maps for the PS3 and gave them a go. I still have to try them all, but the DM maps I have tried don't seem to work for me so far. So I eagerly await the outcome of your PS3 testing, and if you think I can help, just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
                          qwerty, I cooked these maps for SH. They entire pack works for me on my system (PS3 Slim). (You have a PS3 Phat?) Try replaying the maps without custom chars/mutators (zero other options).

I would not of gave it to SH if it didn't work for me and other PS3ers.
                          Hi euchreplayer23. Thanks for the response. I have a 3 year old phatty PS3. I tried a few more times tonight on a few of the maps but without success I'm afraid. The PS3 either hangs altogether, or gets stuck on the "loading map" screen. I'm sure from what you've said it's my PS3, but they just ain't gonna work for me :-(

Thanks anyway. Qwerty.

Comment

OK, before I start throwing UPK files all hither and yon, do we actually end up with the Evil Map Pack subdirectory under .....CustomMaps/ so that it will end up looking like this:
                            /CustomMaps/Evil Map Pack/Environments/
                            /CustomMaps/Evil Map Pack/Maps/
                            /CustomMaps/Evil Map Pack/Music/
                            with all the files shown in WinRAR in their respective directories as seen in WinRAR?

It's just that I've never installed UT3 maps like this and usually it's everything in the CustomMaps subdirectory or stuff separated based on the file directory structure in WinRAR or WinZip. Thank you.

EDIT: nevermind, I went ahead and tried it and it is as above.

Comment

definitely an evil map pack!

And the irony is that this map pack with a theme of churches is called evil. It's actually a bit funny as well.

CTF-Dugeon > what is a dugeon anyway? I like the lava, steam, stone towers, crags and inside of castles. This one takes teamwork to CTF and the bots are good, but not good enough for teamwork. It is a long way between bases, so make sure you grab plenty of armor and health along the way.

CTF-Sanctuary > the checkerboard floors, arches, rain, lightning, broken glass and spires combine to provide a good atmosphere for fragging. The classic CTF setup makes for a fun match and the bots aren't too bad either. This map, Capella and TLOM are my favorites in this pack.

CTF-Transylvania > looks like we now have dueling gothic churches, great theme and love the spires, arches, etc. The gameplay is just almost pure rocket launcher madness and somewhat tough with bots and it must be dang near impossible online but it was fun.

DM-BlackSkull > I sense a gothic church theme in this pack. This map has many more spires and I like the mountains in the distance. The bots could be better because it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but still fun. I found this map to have plenty of room and not empty as such and not as tight as it might seem at first.

DM-Capella > We still have churches here, but we also have gardens, vines, and a slightly different look. This one seems to have the most variety of landscape so far in this pack and I like the shadows from the falling leaves as it freaks me out at times, but the skybox could be better. Not too tight in here and the blocking volume on the ceiling needs to be raised a lot.

DM-Castle > This is a different sort of castle with circling birds, towers, but you better not fall into the abyss. There seems to be a dominance of the rocket launcher in these maps and it really comes out in this one. The bots aren't bad and this is best played as TDM (as most of these DM maps should be).

DM-Darker > The Necris would love these maps and this one is no exception. It is more detailed with angels, better textures/meshes, trim, cobwebs, rubble and chandeliers. Even though this is the tightest one so far, it is not necessarily bad as gameplay is a personal taste and I like variety. The bots are too easy and I like the room with the green water and rubble.

DM-DevilsHouse > This is a brighter church with more statues and I like the surrounding mountains. The stained glass needs cleaning and the floors seem out-of-place and there seems to be a film of dust over everything. This is a wide-open spam fest and has the worst bots of all the maps.

DM-Evil > crazy sunlight to brighten the old church contrasted with the dark sky makes a good atmosphere. I like the surrounding area with the trees and birds, but too bad we can't go there. The gameplay sucks as there is too much stuff to get stuck on and I did many times; worst map in bunch.

DM-TLOM > The Lords of Mergge only meet twice a year in that one room in the castle to discuss plans for world domination.............ok, enough of that. This is another church map with a few more details (stonework, murals, paintings, floors, stained glass, etc.). I did like that meeting room though. I thought the only way outside was to spawn there until I figured out the way and loved the avril and vehicle outside.

Comment

anyone knows the name of the song used in DM-Devilshous?

I extracted the file so you guys can listen to it.

http://soundcloud.com/a453153254/evi...devishouse-upk

do you guys know the name of it?

Comment

Working...
                                X