• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quad Damage [FINAL]

Name: Quad Damage
    Version: .4 final
    Compatibility: 2.1
    Description:

replaces UDamage with Quad Damage for the classic carnage.
    models and sounds("QUAD DAMAGE!!!") have been ported from Quake 3.

comes with two mutators:
    * Quad Damage : the multiplier is x4.
    * Quad-ish Damage : the multiplier is x3.

these will also boost vehicle weapons.

** changes from .3 to .4: ambient sound now does not linger. pickup announcement's volume increased by +50%.

Credits: to Epic and Id, for great games.

Screenshot:
    [SCREENSHOT]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/butterflo_/QuadDamage/1.png[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/butterflo_/QuadDamage/3.png[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/butterflo_/QuadDamage/4.png[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/butterflo_/QuadDamage/2.png[/SCREENSHOT]

Download:
    Mediafire(339.73kb)

Awesome!

Awesome Butterflo!

Really love hearing "Quad Damage!" when you pick it up, brings back good memories from my Quake 3 days. The Quad Damage version is extremely deadly, like two shots from the enforcer can kill if you have no armor! Overpowered? Sure, but it can make the match really fun and interesting. It's not a power-up you can ignore, either you better be going for it when it spawns, or else you better be looking for mass loads of health and armor. That and keeping track of your opponent so you can keep away from him until it runs out.

I only found one issue with it, and it would be really nice if you fix it! The spawn area for the UDamage/Quad Damage makes the ambient sound for when the UDamage/Quad Damage has spawned and is sitting there, even when the UDamage/Quad Damage has not spawned yet. It can get a little distracting when you are near by and hear that sound, thinking it has spawned and is rotating waiting to be picked up when it hasn't. Fix that and it will be perfect, short of if you want to go out of your way and make an icon to replace the UDamage icon on your HUD when you have the power-up.

WolfyBrandon

Comment

Impressive!
      I love the Quad Damage shooting sound, much better than the U-Damage sound from UT2003/2004 and UT3! The only sound that comes close to it was the original U-Damage

Let's see it ingame! Downloading.

Comment

Hahaha, this is awesome! Thank you very much!

The "Quad Damage" announcement could be a little bit louder and a Quad Damage icon for the HUD would have been awesome, but except for that it's perfect and well made. I love it.

Comment

thanks for the comments

thanks for the comments glad you like it.

Originally posted by Wolfy.Brandon View Post
          I only found one issue with it, and it would be really nice if you fix it! The spawn area for the UDamage/Quad Damage makes the ambient sound for when the UDamage/Quad Damage has spawned and is sitting there, even when the UDamage/Quad Damage has not spawned yet. It can get a little distracting when you are near by and hear that sound, thinking it has spawned and is rotating waiting to be picked up when it hasn't.
          that was partially intended
          cuz x3 or x4 multipliers can be deadly, I made it a little bit hard to predict the spawning time.
          nonetheless I'll see what others think, and maybe make another version.

Originally posted by TourianTourist View Post
          The "Quad Damage" announcement could be a little bit louder and a Quad Damage icon for the HUD would have been awesome, but except for that it's perfect and well made. I love it.
          UT3 is not friendly to custom icons dunno why, but to do that I'll have to edit stock contents..
          If I make another version, I'll turn up the volume a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by butterflo View Post
            that was partially intended

x3 or x4 multipliers can be deadly, I made it a little bit hard to predict the spawning time. nonetheless I'll see what others think, and maybe make another version.
            Maybe for players but bots can still predict the spawn times with no problem. I wouldn't really rely on the sound stopping players from getting the power-up, if anything it puts the other players at a disadvantage, here is why. The player who picks up the Quad Damage only has to look up at the clock, then he will know when it is going to spawn next while the other players are left guessing. So not only is he empowered by the Quad Damage, he also knows the next time it will spawn. When the other players move close to the UDamage/Quad Damage area to listen if it has spawned or not (providing they can't see it) it will be unknown because the sound effect always plays... and it puts them at risk to go check. Remember a lot of maps have the UDamage/Quad Damage placed in a hard to reach / DANGEROUS area because it is a powerup... ''Risk vs Reward''. So you have my vote on making a new version where the ambient sound is corrected to play only when it has spawned.

If I make another version, I'll turn up the volume a little bit.
            Yes a little bit of a volume increase would be nice.

WolfyBrandon

Comment

UT3 is not friendly to custom icons dunno why, but to do that I'll have to edit stock contents..
              Okay, never mind then.

I didn't notice the permanent ambient sound effect at first, but it's kinda silly. So, I'm with Wolfy.Brandon here.

Comment

Mirror:
                http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...file=QD.3F.zip

Comment

w00t

and here's the new version!
                  volume increased, and no more staying ambient sound.

actually, it is not much of a difference in volume when you pick it up yourself,
                  but the announcement voice spreads out a little more.

again, thanks for suggestions

thanks for mirror, really appreciate it..
                  ..and apologies, could you re-upload it with the new version?
                  thanks in advance

Comment

and here's the new version!
                    volume increased, and no more staying ambient sound.
                    Thanks for the update Butterflo, it's much better now.

WolfyBrandon

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...file=QD.4F.zip

Comment

Thank you for making this amazing mutator, it is perfect and flawless. I use Quad Damage Mutator in every single match by default and recommend everyone does the same.

Comment

hey!

Downloaded it because it seemed **** awesome and regarding comments it seemed even more so...

THOUGH, when i tried to use the mutator in instant action: it did not work correctly as the mut is not showing )=

EDIT: Well as it was working but it was not showing i expected a corrupted .upk (textures file) but it's even simpler than that ! I just installed the mut by merging the folders and not looking at it.
                          A simple look in the folders shows that the .upk is not in a "Textures" folder to be merged later on with yours.

So, just put the .upk in your texture folder and if you don't have one, create a folder called "Textures" in the same folder the "Script" one is located, and you are done =) . Thought i would share if some ppl experienced the same prob.

o/

Comment

Working...
                          X