This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks again for the good work and for the updated re-release!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for the re-release with the new level

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a backup link. This pack was modified to include the new DM-EdgeNight made by CrazyBastard (as well as DM-Edge)

Download COMP Map Pack

Download DM-EdgeNight

Screenshots of DM-EdgeNight: (click to enlarge)

Enjoy,
    -Neil (CaptainMigraine)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX to you man, we are glad you like the map pack

Leave a comment:

• replied
    added the maps to my server (including fixed Denounced); the maps played great. very consistent feel across levels.
    thx for great mappack!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice............

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good work! would like to see a 1v1 or 2v2 cup from multiplay about this mappack! ;D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    excellent map pack!

DM-Balance - Lots of shades of gray in here with a little dabble of color and solid textures; I like the fans/jumppads and old skool style. Definitely a frantic match with good weapon and spawn point placement, excellent balance and flow as most of these maps have.

DM-Bloodline - Another tight one with lots of ramps, z-axis and a little bigger than Balance with more atmosphere. Bots can be a nuisance in this one and has a definite Q3-like atmosphere with good music.

DM-Denounced-fix - Another solid map in terms of gameplay and atmosphere, but not sure what was wrong with the original and this one seems fine. It has an industrial-look with pastel color thrown in as some others in this pack do; I like the textures and the music fits. Even with the crazy pathways, the bots are slightly easier than in Bloodline.

DM-Edge - I like the trim and colors in here as well as the cool jumppads and "Muse-like" music. The bots give a tough match and many pathways is fun.

DM-Elements - A more wide-open layout with also many pathways, nice trim and an almost mix-themed map but I see mostly Egyptian in here. Another fun map and at one point I found myself bounced around like a pinball (possibly from the pad at an angle up high).

DM-FaceMash - fragfest extraordinaire this one is and reminds me of a couple others in this pack, but this one has softer color, softer music, glass and other things that set it apart. Bots are easy in here but don't be a slouch as frags can rack up quickly.

DM-NinjaParadise - plenty of z-axis opportunities and an obvious Japanese atmosphere, except music is not. Good texture and color combinations and a nice touch with the foliage and high archway. Bots are somewhat easy, but not pushovers.

These maps must have been fun online, but I guess I missed the window.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    COMP Pack up at www.ut3mod.com

P.S. This is a new cook that adds missing preview pics.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh em gee I have been waiting to see edge for a long time. Are there any popular active servers with these maps?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried all of these maps, and I just have to say this...

They are the best maps I've ever played. More so than the stock maps, and more so than even the HOLP packs ! These maps rank up there with the all-time classics in all of video games, (which encompasses a few of the Quake 3 maps). It is very obvious that these maps were made by hardcore UT players with the mapping skills to back it up.

Seriously, when I compare these maps to popular maps from "modern" games like Halo or Call of Duty, it's like comparing Michelangelo to a child's crayon depictions of a baboon's backside.

Here are my thoughts on each of the maps. I played each on offline mode with bots.

Balance- This map focuses a lot on choke points scattered around the map. Each spawn is obviously carefully thought out, and you can usually spawn in and immediately grab the exact weapon you need for the situation at hand. Personally, I felt that this map was perfect for shombo domination. I had tons of fun lining up great shock combo routes to maximize my kills.

Bloodline- This map reminds me a lot of DM-Cipe (one of my favorites) and a few Quake 3 maps. I liked the mix of claustrophobic passageways and sudden open areas, with plenty of interesting Z-axis gameplay going on. The Bio Rifle is especially exhilarating to use on this map. Also, the bots fared extremely well on this map in the AI department. Their pathing were unpredictable and fluid, and did not display any common niggles that I usually see in most UT3 maps. The overall theme was also excellent, and it's "Quake"-ish style and dark lighting made this one stand out over the other maps in this pack.

Denounced- Wow... even by Unreal Tournament standards, this map is insane. It's very claustrophobic, and yet there are so many damned routes and passageways that you are constantly surrounded backwards, forwards, up, down, around, and inside-out. Unlike Balance, I don't feel in control of my environment... instead I feel like I'm just fighting to stay alive! It's been a long time since I've played such a technically proficient map in terms of layout.

Edge- This one can easily be defined as a "trick map". I found so many cool little shortcuts and routes that I can safely say that they aren't there by accident. Obviously the mapper here knows how to make a perfect arena for fiercely competitive players. Personally, I liked this map's visual style the best... especially the wicked sweet jump pads!

Elements- this is a great "jack of all trades" map that supports almost every deathmatch styles out there. Flak monkeys, rocket whores, hammer heads, shombo kings, asshat snipers... whatever your fetish is, it can be indulged here. Despite the support for each of these play styles, it isn't handed to you for free. When you spawn, you usually have to actively hunt down the weapons you need, which is a nice change from most maps nowadays. Health pickup placement is rare and strict, and I often sought out those precious green orbs. Sometimes I even had to avoid picking up health altogether because of the dangerous situations that can arise around the health pickups. Overall, these elements bring out a pretty good dynamic for this map. Also, the Egyptian visual style is very reminiscent of some UT2004 maps, and I particularly liked the area near the bio pool.

Facemash- Exactly as it sounds, it is an in-your face flak/rox fest. The Flak Cannon and Rocket Launcher are among my favorite weapons in this game, so it is no surprise that I especially enjoyed the gameplay of this map. This map allows for lots of cool air roxx and carefully calculated flak bounces. Other weapons fare well, too (especially the Shock Rifle, as always), but personally I felt that the Flak and Rocket Launcher finally had more of the show for themselves. Juggling people around on this map will never get old, and there are plenty of blind spots for natural killing sprees.

NinjaParadise- This map reminded me the most of some of the best UT2004 maps. As its name suggests, this map can work in favor of those who like to purposefully flank and attack people from blind spots. There is a good amount of Z-axis gameplay, and it's fun to get the drop on the poor souls near the bottom with a primed and ready Flak Cannon. The color scheme on the walls in conjunction with the stone floors were soothing/relaxing, and helped me focus on the enemies and make quick tactical decisions on the fly. For real. Certain combinations of color can either help or hinder me, and this map did it right!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taffy View Post
    Thought I'd post server play counts at the almost three month mark:

DM-Balance "PlayCount",Value="36"
    DM-BloodLine "PlayCount",Value="62"
    DM-Denounced_fix "PlayCount",Value="189"
    DM-Edge "PlayCount",Value="131"
    DM-Elements "PlayCount",Value="104"
    DM-Facemash "PlayCount",Value="41"
    DM-NinjaParadise "PlayCount",Value="50"
    Interesting stats!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thought I'd post server play counts at the almost three month mark:

DM-Balance "PlayCount",Value="36"
    DM-BloodLine "PlayCount",Value="62"
    DM-Denounced_fix "PlayCount",Value="189"
    DM-Edge "PlayCount",Value="131"
    DM-Elements "PlayCount",Value="104"
    DM-Facemash "PlayCount",Value="41"
    DM-NinjaParadise "PlayCount",Value="50"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been playing through these maps finally. Great stuff guys!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cr4zy you are the best, thanks for this ª

Leave a comment:

Working...
X