Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

COMP - Competitive Map Pack PC&PS3

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the PS3 cooks and link. 2 maps are not working/ packed correctly though, Ninjaparadise and Balance. Can you fix those?

Comment

Denounced has been fixed. Please use this version:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...1#post28439601

Comment

Originally posted by NewBe4hire View Post
        Thanks for the PS3 cooks and link. 2 maps are not working/ packed correctly though, Ninjaparadise and Balance. Can you fix those?
        These were both cooked the same as the other maps, I've not heard about anyone else having problems with these on PS3.

Thanks everyone else.

@SYD I added a link to your fix on the webpage.

Comment

Still getting through playing these maps (been busy recently) but so far I'm very impressed! Layouts are solid and backed up by nice clean visuals and the gameplay is top notch!
          Big thanx to all mappers involved!

Comment

Great map pack, especially for duels. I played all of these maps last weekend and had a blast dueling on them. Even though I've played Ninja Paradise and Facemash before, they are still fun maps.

Denounced, Edge, and Facemash are my 3 favorites.

Comment

Hey,
              I've been looking at these maps in instant action on the Ps3 version (and they look great), but I noticed that, after installing, DM-NinjaParadise shows up in my mod browser, yet not in the map list after choosing a mode? So I haven't managed to actually start that map yet..
              Also, after reading this thread I'm wondering what kind of changes the new version of DM-Denounced had? As there's only a new PC version it seems. I'm especially wondering since it looked to be my favourite of the bunch :P

Also, as a sidenote, stock maps like Sentinel on the Ps3 version tend to use forced crouch volumes for areas where you.. Have to crouch :P
              Only kb/m players (the minority) can crouch or honk a vehicle's horn

EDIT: heh, NinjaParadise does work when you pick it a dedicated server's map list :P

Comment

I'm in map heaven. No, seriously, those maps are cr4zy good. Edge is wonderful, instant favorite, but also Bloodline, Facemash and Ninjaparadise are awesome. The others are great, too. I just love the low poly style, not only because they have this retro classic feeling to them, which really takes me back to the good old times, but it also ensures max framerate on my notebook.

Keep up the good work, guys! You're really keeping my favorite shooter alive, without all your work over the years UT3 wouldn't be half as good.

Comment

Hi! Am I the only one to notice the jumppad bug in DM-Elements? or who has played it? (no one comment on it)
                  You touch the sky blocking volume and bounce on closed jumpad and rebounce on blocking volume again... until you come out of the radius.

This doesnt prevent me to having fun playing on your cool map.

Comment

PS3 issue: When I try to import any map other than Bloodline(haven't tried them all), it imports just fine, but I didn't import the map "Facemesh," yet it says that, and when I try to run the map, the session start noise plays, but the match doesn't start loading. All help is appreciated!

Comment

Cr4zy you are the best, thanks for this ยช

Comment

Been playing through these maps finally. Great stuff guys!

Comment

Thought I'd post server play counts at the almost three month mark:

DM-Balance "PlayCount",Value="36"
                          DM-BloodLine "PlayCount",Value="62"
                          DM-Denounced_fix "PlayCount",Value="189"
                          DM-Edge "PlayCount",Value="131"
                          DM-Elements "PlayCount",Value="104"
                          DM-Facemash "PlayCount",Value="41"
                          DM-NinjaParadise "PlayCount",Value="50"

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                            Thought I'd post server play counts at the almost three month mark:

DM-Balance "PlayCount",Value="36"
                            DM-BloodLine "PlayCount",Value="62"
                            DM-Denounced_fix "PlayCount",Value="189"
                            DM-Edge "PlayCount",Value="131"
                            DM-Elements "PlayCount",Value="104"
                            DM-Facemash "PlayCount",Value="41"
                            DM-NinjaParadise "PlayCount",Value="50"
                            Interesting stats!

Comment

Just tried all of these maps, and I just have to say this...

They are the best maps I've ever played. More so than the stock maps, and more so than even the HOLP packs ! These maps rank up there with the all-time classics in all of video games, (which encompasses a few of the Quake 3 maps). It is very obvious that these maps were made by hardcore UT players with the mapping skills to back it up.

Seriously, when I compare these maps to popular maps from "modern" games like Halo or Call of Duty, it's like comparing Michelangelo to a child's crayon depictions of a baboon's backside.

Here are my thoughts on each of the maps. I played each on offline mode with bots.

Balance- This map focuses a lot on choke points scattered around the map. Each spawn is obviously carefully thought out, and you can usually spawn in and immediately grab the exact weapon you need for the situation at hand. Personally, I felt that this map was perfect for shombo domination. I had tons of fun lining up great shock combo routes to maximize my kills.

Bloodline- This map reminds me a lot of DM-Cipe (one of my favorites) and a few Quake 3 maps. I liked the mix of claustrophobic passageways and sudden open areas, with plenty of interesting Z-axis gameplay going on. The Bio Rifle is especially exhilarating to use on this map. Also, the bots fared extremely well on this map in the AI department. Their pathing were unpredictable and fluid, and did not display any common niggles that I usually see in most UT3 maps. The overall theme was also excellent, and it's "Quake"-ish style and dark lighting made this one stand out over the other maps in this pack.

Denounced- Wow... even by Unreal Tournament standards, this map is insane. It's very claustrophobic, and yet there are so many damned routes and passageways that you are constantly surrounded backwards, forwards, up, down, around, and inside-out. Unlike Balance, I don't feel in control of my environment... instead I feel like I'm just fighting to stay alive! It's been a long time since I've played such a technically proficient map in terms of layout.

Edge- This one can easily be defined as a "trick map". I found so many cool little shortcuts and routes that I can safely say that they aren't there by accident. Obviously the mapper here knows how to make a perfect arena for fiercely competitive players. Personally, I liked this map's visual style the best... especially the wicked sweet jump pads!

Elements- this is a great "jack of all trades" map that supports almost every deathmatch styles out there. Flak monkeys, rocket whores, hammer heads, shombo kings, asshat snipers... whatever your fetish is, it can be indulged here. Despite the support for each of these play styles, it isn't handed to you for free. When you spawn, you usually have to actively hunt down the weapons you need, which is a nice change from most maps nowadays. Health pickup placement is rare and strict, and I often sought out those precious green orbs. Sometimes I even had to avoid picking up health altogether because of the dangerous situations that can arise around the health pickups. Overall, these elements bring out a pretty good dynamic for this map. Also, the Egyptian visual style is very reminiscent of some UT2004 maps, and I particularly liked the area near the bio pool.

Facemash- Exactly as it sounds, it is an in-your face flak/rox fest. The Flak Cannon and Rocket Launcher are among my favorite weapons in this game, so it is no surprise that I especially enjoyed the gameplay of this map. This map allows for lots of cool air roxx and carefully calculated flak bounces. Other weapons fare well, too (especially the Shock Rifle, as always), but personally I felt that the Flak and Rocket Launcher finally had more of the show for themselves. Juggling people around on this map will never get old, and there are plenty of blind spots for natural killing sprees.

NinjaParadise- This map reminded me the most of some of the best UT2004 maps. As its name suggests, this map can work in favor of those who like to purposefully flank and attack people from blind spots. There is a good amount of Z-axis gameplay, and it's fun to get the drop on the poor souls near the bottom with a primed and ready Flak Cannon. The color scheme on the walls in conjunction with the stone floors were soothing/relaxing, and helped me focus on the enemies and make quick tactical decisions on the fly. For real. Certain combinations of color can either help or hinder me, and this map did it right!

Comment

oh em gee I have been waiting to see edge for a long time. Are there any popular active servers with these maps?

Comment

Working...
                                X