Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-RB-NewEden [UPDATED V1.2]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-RB-NewEden [UPDATED V1.2]

Version: 1.2
    Compatibility: PC UT3 V 2.0 + Titan Pack
    Player count: 10 - 20
    Music: "Cocoon Moon" - by Solar Fields

Large urban deathmatch map set on multiple building rooftops. Minimalist HOLP style design. Environment inspired from the game Mirror's Edge.
    Map features all the weapons except for the bio rifle and avril. One powerup available, the udamage.

UPDATE: V1.2

-Slightly modified the layout. Extended the playing area.
    -Added extra weapons and items to compensate for the larger map.
    -Areas are now "color coded" depending on the weapon available there
    -Added custom sun lens flare effect
    -Added various billboards with adds and political propaganda taken out of Mirror's Edge
    -Fixed missing package error

UPDATE: V1.1

- Tweaked spawn points
    - Added custom city ambient sounds
    - Added physics active flags waving in the wind.
    - Added animated cars in the streets
    - Added vent static meshes on floors and walls
    - Replaced the stock jump pad mesh with an arrow pad showing the jump direction.

Video of the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rW7bVfocN0

Screenshot: V1.0

Screenshots: V1.2

PC DOWNLOAD

http://www.remusbrailoiu.com/download.php?view.10

Mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/?easz2sesa7p4aqb

PS3 DOWNLOAD

http://www.ut3mod.com/2012/02/deathm...p-rb-edge.html

Wannna download and try it, but I can't seem to access your site.

Comment

need a lil copy/search on ur site to access to the D/L....but np , it worked and i have the map
      picts looks awesome, thx for ur work

Comment

The site doesn't load on my comp at all, almost as if I'm region blocked (South Africa).

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
          The site doesn't load on my comp at all, almost as if I'm region blocked (South Africa).
          I assure you the site does work. And by the looks of the download counter other people are able to view it. So the problem is on your end.

That being said, for some strange reason when I click the link the page is messed up (some text and buttons missing),
          but when I go to the downloads section directly from my site everything's fine. I've already tested the link on another forum and it works fine, so there has to be some strange issue on this specific forum...

Anyway, if any of you guys have had a chance to actually play it, I would be interested to hear some feedback.

EDIT:

Added a mirror download on mediafire, for those that can't access my site.

Comment

Mirror's Edge + UT3 = Instant Download

Comment

Hi Remus,

Been a long time I didn't saw a map coming from you

I've dwn from your site & I'm from Canada.

Just had a match & I can say that in all, it's a nice one.

This type of maps are rare from the start & isn't easy to pull off.

I must say I enjoyed the atmosphere, the music, the playing style. I like your lighting, it's nice & smooth on the eye.

Therefore, I had some frustrating moments caused by bad playerstrat location/direction. In some moments, I spawn in front of a wall, other, just on the ledge of the building & fall down !

Pickups, mainly health, ammo are good for the most part but in some cases could had been better imho.

I would had suggest small things if there was a beta but since it's a final, I won't bother.

Anyway, THX for your work

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                I would had suggest small things if there was a beta but since it's a final, I won't bother.
                Hahah, come on, you know me, there is no "final". So by all means, tell me what suggestions you have. I'll have to do some tweaks anyway, since I've started noticing the "face to wall" spawn points you mentioned.

Comment

Final

Originally posted by Remus View Post
                  Hahah, come on, you know me, there is no "final". So by all means, tell me what suggestions you have. I'll have to do some tweaks anyway, since I've started noticing the "face to wall" spawn points you mentioned.
                  Well, ok then, since your making some tweaks

- Indeed, playerstart is the biggest issue. Make sure all of them face a weapon base or a worthy (armor / powerup) item or pickups (vials / ammo) that isn't to far before collecting a weapon

- There are areas where there isn't nothing to collect & others lot's of stuff nearby. It need to be more balanced in that regard & also not tho much close to walls (a minimum of 32 uu's, suggest 64 uu's or more) to prevent bad flow.

- I had no idea where the jumpad lead me ??? Odedge made some directional jumpad a while ago. For a example, you can look DM-Hard fall by SuperAlgae, the best map of this kind I'm aware of in all aspects.

- The reflecting texture in the windows is ugly. It's just that I always found that Liandri stock texture ugly & to much visible in mappers material. It would be better if you made your own cubemap & make it more subtle.

- It would be nicer if some part of the rooftop had metal vents (on the floor level, not the meshes), grids & such. Since the playground is on the roof, it would 'cut' the floor pattern a bit & add some metal sound instead of the default one. I also suggest you set your 'phymaterial' to all your materials so it bring diversity & a more accurate feeling when you ear the footsteps.

- Some smoke coming out from some vents would be a nice touch.

That is all that come to my mind atm

Comment

This looks really cool, are there any plans for a PS3 version?

Comment

Also mirrored on Mapraider's three mirrors:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5609

Comment

Blue sky is pretty, also find myself jumping from building to building just for the heck of it. There's a great sense of freedom and spaciness. It's just so much fun and a good variation in style making it feel fresh for UT3.

Comment

Hell yeah, this map is wonderful! Played with 10 bots and it felt pretty cool and somehow, this map has an refreshing style to other maps. I personally do really like this one, because it makes so much fun and also the entire ambient is just delicious. This map is a absolutely must for everyone! Keep it up, Remus! By the way, I also downloaded all your other maps and those are great indeed! Maps inspired by Mirror's Edge and having them in UT3, that's just beautiful!

Comment

That pics worth a d/l, Look awesome !

Comment

Just updated the map.

UPDATE: V1.1

- Tweaked spawn points
                              - Added custom city ambient sounds
                              - Added physics active flags waving in the wind.
                              - Added animated cars in the streets
                              - Added vent static meshes on floors and walls
                              - Replaced the stock jump pad mesh with an arrow pad showing the jump direction.

Video of the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rW7bVfocN0

Comment

Working...
                              X