DM-Delhon [PC]

Name:
    DM-Delhon

Version:
    Final (1.0)

Compatibility:
    Unreal Tournament 3 v2.1

Description:
    A Hardcore Oldschool Low Poly Map which recalls the atmosphere of older Unreal Tournaments.

Comments:
    Originally intended for the HOLP-Mappack. The goal was to build a nostalgic map with neat visuals, hardcore gameplay and great performance.

Screenshot:
    [SHOT]http://sklare.net//data/uploads/delhon-1.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://sklare.net/data/uploads/delhon-2.jpg[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://sklare.net/data/uploads/delhon-3.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://sklare.net/data/uploads/delhon-4.jpg[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://sklare.net/data/uploads/delhon-5.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://sklare.net/data/uploads/delhon-6.jpg[/SHOT]

Credits:
    Thanks to the HOLP-Team (holp.beyondunreal.com), the #unrealed.de IRC channel, FroDo, milb and nelson.

Homepage:
    http://sklare.net/

Download: (~17MB)
    GameFront
    Fileplay
    My Portfolio
    Mapraider

Enjoy

looks awesome....D/Ling
    thx for ur work

Comment

+1
      Downloading with interest.

Comment

Good one, I really like the visuals, the Space Invaders motives are a neat detail. However, the map feels a little bit overscaled for UT3 gameplay, I prefer more tight areas in DM maps.

And I keep reading about another HOLP pack. It's sad that HOLP4 didn't work out, the HOLP packs are simply the best UT3 mappacks and an absolute must-have. I would love to see a HOLP4. But now we have lots of loose HOLP maps, there's DM-Monas, DM-Saturation, DM-Syndrome, DM-Cipe, CTF-Gravis and this one. Wouldn't be as large as the other ones, but still an awesome pack.

Comment

I tested it. It's a pleasure to see how well you're dealing with the BSP, and those UT2004's textures.
          This level is not overscaled like TourianTourist said, it's more a duel map for 2 players with a lot of space to strive the shoots.

My only concerns are the area near the stinger, with the crooked barrel and the plank to climb the crates;
          and the tiles texture, that need a little more "next gen" on it. But it's a Final, so I'm dealing with the awesomeness of it anyway. And five stars ftw.

A keeper for me, and a special place in my top ten maps.

Comment

Wow, sweet looking HOLP map. Downloading...

Comment

Great work. Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

Thanks for the nice words!

I also added a new mirror to the first post (Mapraider)

Comment

Just played it,

I like the visuals of it & the lighting. But other little things could had been done to make it really awesome. I won't bother list them since it's a final.

Scaling is bigger that we usually see for 1on1 UT3 style of playing but it is fine after all. Dodging can be done with ease without been stopped / blocked by something in the way.

I had a good match in 1on1

Good map, THX again for your work

Comment

i like the layout and the visuals, i dislike the the scale, i feel it a bit big.

Originally posted by TourianTourist View Post
                    . But now we have lots of loose HOLP maps, there's DM-Monas, DM-Saturation, DM-Syndrome, DM-Cipe, CTF-Gravis and this one. Wouldn't be as large as the other ones, but still an awesome pack.
                    I don´t understand why people say HOLP maps, perhaps it is a word/mark reference? if a map is low poly, the people can say low poly map. maybe HOLP is more easy, btw this out of the thread

Comment

Originally posted by NØØb_Zaibot View Post
                      I don´t understand why people say HOLP maps, perhaps it is a word/mark reference? if a map is low poly, the people can say low poly map. maybe HOLP is more easy, btw this out of the thread
                      It's a HOLP map because it was tested by HOLP members and was originally intended to be part of a larger HOLP pack. TourianTourist's list includes the maps that would have been in that pack, excepting DM-Syndrome and DM-Saturation, which were created for the 20 brushcount contest and were not tested by the HOLP team.

Anyway, back on topic. This is a fun map. And though the scale feels more like UT2k4 than UT3 (a matter of preference), it plays nicely, and looks beautiful.

To copy Cr4zy's post from BU:

Multiplay public duel servers 1,2 & 3
                      85.236.101.106:8477
                      85.236.101.106:8577
                      85.236.101.106:8677

Multiplay DM
                      85.236.100.217:9177

Comment

Regarding the scale: Most of you will already have noticed that the 'old school' part of this map is more oriented towards UT2k4 rather than UT99, and you felt smaller in that game than you do in UT3/UT99.
                        So I made the map slightly larger than usual. That may sound like a lame excuse, but imagine the map with a smaller scale, nice and tight for UT3. I believe the whole UT2004 feeling would be gone

Comment

Originally posted by Mclogenog View Post
                          excepting DM-Syndrome and DM-Saturation, which were created for the 20 brushcount contest and were not tested by the HOLP team.
                          Technically they were made by 2 members of the HOLP team though

And yes as Mclogenog quoted put it on a few servers

Comment

Originally posted by Mclogenog View Post
                            excepting DM-Syndrome and DM-Saturation
                            Yeah, I just thought that now it would be a natural choice to include them in a theoretical HOLP4. Those two maps are crazy good. But it still might be true that "HOLP map" became a buzzword for low poly maps around here, even if the maps weren't part of any (planned) HOLP pack.

Comment

Those screenshots are kinda "delicious" to me, that's why I downloaded this map a couple of days ago. Visually, this map looks nice, even when you have the impression, that everything was made very simple, but it makes a lot of fun to play this map! Small indeed, but perfect and well-balanced for 1v1 matches! I like this one, that's why I say, keep it up, buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X