Title: DM-Cipe

Author: Scott "Cr4zy" Coxhead

Version: Final

Credits:
    Readme in PC download

Changelist:
    In PC download

Description:
    Cipe brings hardcore oldskool gameplay and looks in the form on an ancient castle set in a lava covered planet. Constructed from 8345 brushes, and endless hours of work. Sporting custom meshes, textures, sounds and more to make it unique.

Originally designed for competitive 4v4 games, and tested thoroughly by such players the map takes player counts from 3v3 to 6v6 nicely. However that doesn't mean it's not for casual players at all.

Story:
    To some, a Molten world may seem like a place to be avoided, but it was once a place that many called home.
    What was once a rich, healthy, and sustainable world, was devastated when attacked by the Necris, who harvested the planet dry for its owns means.
    Now the planet's surface is engulfed with molten lava. Only the greatest structures remain, few and far between.
    The most epic of these structures still stands tall; a castle which was once ripe with goodwill and honour, is now congested with violence and history.
    It waits amid the lava so that it may succeed you too.

My FTP
    47MB .rar
    Fileplay 47MB .rar
    FileFront 47MB .rar
    UTZone 45MB .7z
    UT3GOW/Mediafire
    Mapraider

My FTP
    31MB .JAM
    Fileplay 31MB .JAM
    UT3GOW/Mediafire
    Mapraider

Servers running map:
    85.236.101.106:8077 Multiplay BTA + UTcomp - England
    85.236.101.106:7877 Multiplay.co.uk :: HOLP DM and TDM + UTComp - England
    216.52.148.178:7777 - Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers - Chicago
    77.111.254.236:27015 - Thunderland UOF Oldskool - France
    68.232.161.130:7777 - Welcome to the Void - USA

Wow!

Great stuff mate!

Gorgeous work as always!

Comment

This map not only looks ****ing awesome, but plays great too.

The physical aesthetics of the bsp is wonderful. Things like the outter bridges and blocked off corridors make the map feel less enclosed and boxed in.

The lighting is rich and really brings this map to life. It really proves what can be done with the older version of UE3.

Game play wise it flows wonderfully. It has optinuities for lift jumps and wall dodges to reach areas quicker. The sheild-belt and udamage are placed in risky areas as they should be, with the udamage being above lava and the sheildbelt on a thin walkway.

Cr4zy's best map so far. Download it and enjoy it people!

Comment

It's on Beer Drinkers in Chicago

Thanks for the great map!

Comment

Cheers.
          And added gametracker to first post Taffy

Comment

cRAZy I love your mapping style very holpish

Comment

héhé...a nice one from our fav bas**rd....!
              looks awesome... D/Ling, thx for ur work

Comment

YAY! Finally! *downloading*

PS: 5 stars

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                  cRAZy I love your mapping style very holpish
                  Cheers

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                  héhé...a nice one from our fav bas**rd....!
                  looks awesome... D/Ling, thx for ur work
                  Thanks, hope you like ^^

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                  YAY! Finally! *downloading*

PS: 5 stars
                  Thank you

Comment

wow look good
                    the map look really good thx
                    how you get the moving pic s
                    when you click on the map never see that before

Comment

just tryed it and wow: it s the best "tribute" to the unreal series that i ve seen so far
                      u have succed to mix the original unreal/ut99 athmo with quality visuals
                      i first found it quite not enough contrasted (not enough darkness to my tastes) but the contrast blue/orange-brown works here so nicely that it took the lead on my "not enough dark" feeling
                      the grids on the lavas are top notch
                      the layout is a pure kickarse and allow all thoses nice moves that makes ut so "special"
                      ur lil blue lamps are simple & efficient, i m bored by neons and crystals
                      all thoses "cracking woods" noises are a nice touch & will help a lot in 1v1....hm....1v1? oops... the map is very big for that!...
                      ...i found me a lot "camping" around the UDamage spot, lot of shock ammos, some health vials & 25pts , the thingpads, the sniper not too far, a jumppad, a lift and a fraqn open layout to catch the bots all around
                      dunno why i had the feeling that a special 1v1 version of this map can be a nice bonus (just smaller & if possible around the UDamage spot)
                      after that "bla bla"...just three words: congratz!...five stars

edit: will install on our lil server asap

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                        wow look good
                        the map look really good thx
                        how you get the moving pic s
                        when you click on the map never see that before
                        It's a video rather then a static picture file. Using BINK

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                        just tryed it and wow: it s the best "tribute" to the unreal series that i ve seen so far
                        u have succed to mix the original unreal/ut99 athmo with quality visuals
                        i first found it quite not enough contrasted (not enough darkness to my tastes) but the contrast blue/orange-brown works here so nicely that it took the lead on my "not enough dark" feeling
                        the grids on the lavas are top notch
                        the layout is a pure kickarse and allow all thoses nice moves that makes ut so "special"
                        ur lil blue lamps are simple & efficient, i m bored by neons and crystals
                        all thoses "cracking woods" noises are a nice touch & will help a lot in 1v1....hm....1v1? oops... the map is very big for that!...
                        ...i found me a lot "camping" around the UDamage spot, lot of shock ammos, some health vials & 25pts , the thingpads, the sniper not too far, a jumppad, a lift and a fraqn open layout to catch the bots all around
                        dunno why i had the feeling that a special 1v1 version of this map can be a nice bonus (just smaller & if possible around the UDamage spot)
                        after that "bla bla"...just three words: congratz!...five stars

edit: will install on our lil server asap
                        Thank you. Glad you like it.
                        Darkness in the lightning was a concerning factor through out my later builds. I had to get something that wasn't too dark, otherwise it became hard to see enemies. And not too light to ruin the atmosphere. I think the point it ended up at worked well, looks like you thought it did too

The lamps certainly fit the atmosphere better then a neon would have. Thanks to Sefyra for letting me use them.

Those wood noises certainly play an important part in games i've played. They would offer a great advantage in 1v1. But they also help you plan out in DM/TDM and BTA. Gotta thank DM-Rankin for the idea ofcourse.

There has always been a lot of gameplay around shock/amp. But the later versions certainly drew gameplay to other areas. I think it's also player dependant on where they like to stay and stick close to their favourite guns
                        Not sure about a 1v1 version, but who knows.
                        Thanks for putting it on your server. If you put the IP somewhere i'll gladly add it to first post

Comment

It's a video rather then a static picture file. Using BINK
                          Cr4zy, have you used a tutorial, or do you plan to create one, about the creation of BINK videos?
                          I'm so excited about it, I will use this trick everywhere .

And btw, Bl!tz~ toughts +1

Comment

excellent work Cr4zy! great layout and nice colors

you've raised the bar for map previews... u b4st4rd

Comment

~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015
                              (DodgeJump, UTCompIII v3.1)

map added to the mapcycle.i have add the uz3 files to the mp-servers redirect database

Comment

Working...
                              X