DM-(ITC)DeathFan[V2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-(ITC)DeathFan[V2]

After some requests I decided to release a second version of the Death Fan, hope this time you like it more.

This is a remake of a very old map from Unreal Gold Botmatch\MP called DeathFan, I have googled the internet seeking an original description but in vain, so I decided to create my own based on the Unreal world.

Name:DM-(ITC)DeathFan[V2]

Version:2.0

Compatibility:should work with every version of UT3 but you really should use the last version (2.1) for maximum compatibility.

Description:
    This map is set in one of the various vertical wind tunnels used to cool the Green Slime (aka Goo) which is the waste product produced by this vast Power-Plant; trusted to give juice to the Countless mines scattered all over the Nali Planet such as Rrajigar; by far the most important mine because of the high profits gained. But after the Liandri takeover of the Skarjj mining corporations several of these wind tunnels were converted into arenas for the Tournament.

Screenshot:

Credits:
    Remake of the Unreal DeathFan map for Unreal Tournament 3.
    Original Author: Myscha the Sled dog.

The Trim Texture were made by me from source photo I got in CG Textures and made
    Seamless in Photoshop, The remaining Materials are retail.
    The Fan meshe were modeled by me in 3DsMax.
    The Music was taken from Unreal remake for UT2004.

2nd version Changelist:
    Got rid of the bloom by simply deleting the post processing volume which was not doing any good to the level in particular.
    Tweaked the ambient sounds to fit better the music levels.
    Replaced most of the weapons so the map gets a more fast paced
    gameplay.
    Tweaked the elevators kismet which was a little faulty, also changed the speed of the elevators to fit better on the game play speed.
    For last I changed the green neon material a bit so it gets a little less bright.

Homepage: http://tempusgamedesign.webs.com/

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?09gh6sb9230gm1s

Looks like someone voted the map 1 star (horrible)
    At least post so I know what is so wrong about this map and what I can improve...

Comment

Don't bother with this r*t*rd. There's someone on this forum who votes almost every thread with 1 star doesn't matter how useful it is or how good the map is (good example is Axeman's awesome Epic Boy map. The thread has been voted down at the beginning as well -I guess by the same person since it was the only 1 star vote!). I'm just surprised that my "tips for UT newcomers" thread hasn't been voted down by this *d**t...
      Voted 5 stars. We UT2003/4 players are lucky that this person is not active in the UT2003/4 section.
      Whoever this person was, apparently this person has no idea what an awesome remake of a classic Unreal map should be like or this person has no idea how the voting system works...

@this person: That's how the voting works: 1 star = bad. 5 star = good. The voting is to show how useful a thread is or how good a map is. Get it?

Btw, this version is really better, like it much more than the first one. Also now I can even play it with bloom enabled without big fps drops

Comment

Thanks for the information, I was not aware of such a situation here on the forums.

Well is only natural for a mapper to get sad or disappointed to receive 1 star since maps give a lot work.
        Thanks for the 5 stars.

I am glad you like this version, the sole reason I updated this map was because of people's requests so that makes me happy.

BTW I will keep in mind the one star guy...

Comment

Hi m8

From the screenshot, it look way better than the first release

As for the star, don't worry about that. This situation is going on since 2 years. A bunch of morrons vote 1 star on almost every threads. Not just map, but also WIP's projects, help threads, tutorials threads, etc. They obviously know what they're doing. It doesn't take a college diploma to know that 1 = bad & 5 = excellent

Bottom line, don't take it personal & just keep going on

I'll give a go soon.

THX for the V2

Comment

Thanks for the comments and cheers.

Comment

Love the changes, tempus - and as you probably saw in your e-mail, this has been mirrored on Mapraider's three mirrors.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5434

The old links will still work and redirect to the latest release. And also, a handful of people who downloaded the old version were automatically sent email notices about the update.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like you have a few people following you on Mapraider as well, which were notified of your new release too

Comment

Hi
                5 stars from me, great map Thanks for your work...Lots better then the first release

Swifty

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinMeany;
                  Love the changes, tempus - and as you probably saw in your e-mail, this has been mirrored on Mapraider's three mirrors.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5434

The old links will still work and redirect to the latest release. And also, a handful of people who downloaded the old version were automatically sent email notices about the update.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like you have a few people following you on Mapraider as well, which were notified of your new release too
                  WOW Thank you a lot for updating the map in Map Raider, I was to go there but I am waiting for the approve of the map in several sites as well uploads to some more other, normally submit in last in Mapraider to add the most download links possible.
                  I didn't knew I had followers on MR, cool
                  And btw thanks also for the feedback.

Originally posted by SwiftyOne;
                  Hi
                  5 stars from me, great map Thanks for your work...Lots better then the first release

Swifty
                  Thanks a lot for the comment and the 5 stars, that will boost up a little up my willpower to continue to map.

Comment

Originally posted by tempus View Post
                    WOW Thank you a lot for updating the map in Map Raider, I was to go there but I am waiting for the approve of the map in several sites as well uploads to some more other, normally submit in last in Mapraider to add the most download links possible.
                    I didn't knew I had followers on MR, cool
                    And btw thanks also for the feedback.
                    You're very welcome, and you can always add those links at any time. Yeah, I never got around to making it so authors could see who's following them, but that's all going to change with Mapraider v2.0

Comment

still a good remake!

Liked the changes in this Version 2 with the faster pace and flak cannon and rocket launcher. Never had bloom enabled and didn't even notice neon changes. I just copied and pasted my original comments from V1 below (sort of the same anyway).

This one is more true to the original from Unreal with green neon and a general greenish appearance. It was a good music choice and I liked the different goo with things swimming around in it (actually this part is similar to MCC-DeathFan). The bottom fan is done well and it's an interesting top fan with "infinite" neon skybox (oops. blocking volumes, I can't tell for sure). The whole map is set off well with the red/burgundy trim to give it its uniqueness. If you're good, then you won't fall in this one. The bots are pretty good and my game has bloom turned off, so I have no problem with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                        Liked the changes in this Version 2 with the faster pace and flak cannon and rocket launcher. Never had bloom enabled and didn't even notice neon changes. I just copied and pasted my original comments from V1 below (sort of the same anyway).

This one is more true to the original from Unreal with green neon and a general greenish appearance. It was a good music choice and I liked the different goo with things swimming around in it (actually this part is similar to MCC-DeathFan). The bottom fan is done well and it's an interesting top fan with "infinite" neon skybox (oops. blocking volumes, I can't tell for sure). The whole map is set off well with the red/burgundy trim to give it its uniqueness. If you're good, then you won't fall in this one. The bots are pretty good and my game has bloom turned off, so I have no problem with this one.
                        Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Comment

i gave it 5 stars.. good map man keep making maps.. we can always use more!

Comment

Thank you a lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X