• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Mustafar-iG/WP[V1] [DL][PIX]

Name: CTF-Mustafar-iG/WP[V1]
    Version: 1 December 12, 2010
    Compatibility: UT3 PC

Description: A capture-the-flag map set on a volcanic planet located in the "Outer-Rim Territories", you battle for the flag high above the molten crust of Mustafar.

Comments: There are currently two versions of this map for download. One version is setup for weapons (WP), the other is setup without weapons for instagib (iG). This is due to weapon pickup lights appearing in the instagib mutator on servers, and I chose to create a version without any pickups strictly for instagib.

The map is now playing on the Nox clan public & private instagib and public multi-vote gametype servers. The map was beta tested with full servers at Nox Clan and has thus far received a warm welcome. I am still learning the Material Editor in UE3, and hope to have some better looking lava in the next release.

Screenshot:

Credits: Michael "spY_0069" Yaukey
    Homepage: http://www.michaelyaukey.com
    Download: http://www.michaelyaukey.com
    Now Playing @ Nox: http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...17.238.69:7777

Both variations also mirrored on Mapraider's three mirrors along with eight additional screenshots:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5421

BTW, SpY - you've got two accounts on the site: SpY and thespYproductions. I went ahead and assigned it to your most recently created one (thespYproductions) since your other maps were already assigned to that account. Let me know if you'd like to switch, rename, combine or otherwise adjust your accounts into one.

Edit: Decent map by the way. Was worried it was going to feel like it had only one major path from the screenshot, but the jump pads on the outermost part of the arms over the trench keep you on your toes

Comment

Thanks! Still learning new stuff in UE3. Still gotta make some of my own materials, meshes. The map is pretty fun to play, and thanks for helping me with my Mapraider accts!

Comment

hi luke,its a fun map but Ive noticed that the bots are bugged near teleporter (they walk in the wall) and the "jumppad target from the outermost part" give a too short way to the flag (when i play with the wp version).

Comment

King, wow, good catch! I'll keep an eye on it brotha!

Edit 12/16 - K1ng, I'm not seeing the problem you're describing, but I'll keep a close eye on it anyways. The iG crew really likes the portals so they gotta stay!

Comment

ya thats was some realy good work on the mustafar map. SPY
            between the two of us nOx rocks......on maps

Comment

Hey Twocenst - thx for the support!

Comment

Dang I gotta try this. I've never seen a starwars map for ut3 besides this one...and of course, my ilum cave map.

Comment

??? Whoa wait a sec. Your map-ctf is blue/red not blue/blue, meaning it's a ps3 map, not a pc map, yet you say it's a ut3 pc map. Totally confused...

Comment

good map

Not sure about the confusion, but it seemed fine to me on the PC as red/blue CTF map. The only problems I see with this one is there is no preview shot (which I fixed) and I'm not sure the dark green walls really go well with the purple, but I liked the rest of the colors together and the texture choices. I only tried the WP version of the map as I don't really like IG and the map seems larger that it initially seems. The jump pads are a definite plus in this one and the bots seem a little too easy; never saw the bot bug though.

Comment

Working...
                    X