• Show
Clear All

DM-AxonHangar-2011

Name : Axon Hangar
    Version : 2011 Edition
    Compatibility : PC
    Gametypes supported : Duel, DM, TDM, BTA/TAM, BFA/FREON

Description :
    For those who don't know "Axon Hangar", this map is an Axon equipment depot in the middle of an industrial district.
    It was released for the first time in 2008, then cancelled in 2009, but i thought this map had a good potential, so I decied to rework on it.
    Since the last release, a great work on lights, decos, postprocess effects and gameplay has been made, and I think i'm a bit pride of my work.
    The action can be conducted both inside and outside (in the street, on the rooftops) the hangar, but combats are especially aerial.
    This map contains 89 spawn points. Some are close to each other to allow players of a team to spawn in the same area (specially done for BTA games). Taking into account this constraint, and the size of the map, I would say it is a map from 6 to 12 players for team-based games, and 10 to 20 for deathmatch games.

Download:
    Uploaded on Mediafire.
    PC : AxonHangar 2011

Screenshot:

Credits:
    Thanks to my mates and ~Bl!tz

Homepage:
    If you're looking for a french-spoken clan, join Sanctuary Tigers' clan
    All my maps can be found on Mediafire

Thanks for watching

This is a very polished map! The gameplay is smooth with plenty of actions. The pickups and power up placed just right. I really enjoy this map, great job!

Comment

If anyone can provide additional mirros, go for it.

I'm stuck in a loop with mediafire for some strange reason so I can't download it.

Comment

Mirrored on Mapraider's three mirrors as well:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5415

Looks very cool (despite the distortion from an over-abundance of FOV in those shots) What's the recommended player count on this, Elcrolonosios? The information is missing from the INI and there's no readme. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for your mirrors FreakinMeany (i'll call u Freakin ^^)

Originally posted by FreakinMeany View Post
          Looks very cool (despite the distortion from an over-abundance of FOV in those shots) What's the recommended player count on this, Elcrolonosios? The information is missing from the INI and there's no readme. Thanks.
          Forgive me, i forget to mention this point.
          This map contains 89 spawn points. Some are close to each other to allow players of a team to spawn in the same area (specially done for BTA games). Taking into account this constraint, and the size of the map, I would say it is a map from 6 to 12 players for team-based games, and 10 to 20 for deathmatch games.

Thank you all for your comments.

Comment

You're very welcome Thanks for the extra info!

Comment

Have to compliment you on your sky and the way you interpreted the sun, the moving clouds, everything just comes together nicely.

Map is also pretty big, so it takes a while to get use to the layout, there's a lot to explore.

Comment

very fun layout Elcrolonosios,
                Ive noticed some little thing:
                -i can stay blocked under stairs (in main building ) between barrels
                -between jumpboot and link gun there was a trash which block bot sometimes
                -the blocking volume in the sky is a bit too low (its frustrating when you try to use the jumpboot on roof, but i understand why you have made that)

Sinon les passerelles sont un peu etroitres et, près de la supersanté, il ya des statismesh qui clignotent, c'est assez flagrant mais pas tres grave: c'est franchement une map fun et reussie.
                Pas de match sur UT3 dans ton clan "Sanctuary Tigers"? seulement ut2k4?

Comment

i can stay blocked under stairs (in main building ) between barrels
                  Yes, some people tell me that there are blocked area. I didn't realized that. I'll release a fix for it soon.

between jumpboot and link gun there was a trash which block bot sometimes
                  Hehehe. Do you know that you can shot trashes to make them move (for small trashes only) ? I'll see what i can do.

the blocking volume in the sky is a bit too low (its frustrating when you try to use the jumpboot on roof, but i understand why you have made that)
                  Yes, if the ceiling blocking volume were higher, we would be able to see the "behind-the-scenes" (which is not very nice)

Sinon les passerelles sont un peu etroitres et, près de la supersanté, il ya des statismesh qui clignotent, c'est assez flagrant mais pas tres grave: c'est franchement une map fun et reussie
                  Si il y a quelque chose que je reproche à cette map, c'est quelle est très étroite
                  Pour l'histoire des statichmesh qui clignotent bah... c un peu la ***** c'est clair, va falloir cacher ça.

Pas de match sur UT3 dans ton clan "Sanctuary Tigers"? seulement ut2k4?
                  Il y a beaucoup de match UT2004, mais également des match UT3 (beaucoup moins nombreux il faut le dire). Mais l'intérêt reste surtout de pouvoir se retrouver le soir avec ses potes sur TeamSpeak et de se faire des parties BTA sur UT3 ^^

Comment

good map

I noticed no player load or author in the preview pic, but I fixed that. cool cityscape, skybox could be a little more clear, lots of z-axis fun, if you don't like the action inside then go outside; good weapon/item placement and flow, bots seem to play well and the map is actually bigger than it first seems.

Comment

Working...
                    X