No announcement yet.

CTF-EpicBoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshots are not working anymore, please upload a new one, else i cannot add it to the download site we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
      ^What stevelois said

100% BSP... I don't think you can do that without getting BSP holes -as long as they don't kill you I don't see them as annoying It's always fun to walk through the map and then you notice one and you're like "EFF, YEAH! I love that HoM effect! " ... but that might be just me (because I'm a mapper) - but of course I wish you good luck! What about the outside areas? In the original it was one area where this single hallway was located (you could see it from the outside and from the other windows) which has also been used as a skybox for the other areas (I guess to relieve the BSP tree). That's not possible anymore. Are you going to make them out of BSP as well or are you going to use some cliff static meshes and the terrain actor for it? What about the snow? Will you create a material and place a few sheets in front of the window and scattered all around the outside area like back then (which made it possible to have "thick" snowfall in UE1 without using particles which probably would have killed PCs at that time) or are you going to make a weater effect (is it still called like that) just as in all the other outdoor maps, e.g. Downtown?

PS: Sorry for all these questions. Am just curious
      Haven't decided on the outdoor area if I'm going to do BSP or static mesh. The sky dome itself will be a mesh and the snow will be a mesh sheet much like the effect in CTF-Coret in UT3.

No BSP holes yet and that curved hallway in the second screenshot is fairly complex. Would have taken me 5-minutes in UT or UT2004 to make, but took me much longer in UT3 without the 2D Editor. That's going to be the main problem- attempting to keep it with no issues and not killing performance.

Will definitely be trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
        Screenshots are not working anymore, please upload a new one, else i cannot add it to the download site we have.
        Hi Zunnie-
        Server crashed over the weekend. Admin is rebuilding and upgrading the box and should be back up soon.

Comment

Looks great Axeman nice and clean as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidas View Post
            Looks great Axeman nice and clean as it should be.
            No. I would love a lot if these maps or one of them could have any kind of style of holp or so ... no more ut99ish let adapt the times and their lights to his creativity dude he is an mapper and artist too, dont forget mate! XD

Let it fly his imagination out the air!

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinMeany View Post
              "EFF, YEAH! I love that HoM effect!"

^^ Should be on a T-Shirt
              Here you go
              [SHOT]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5394/tshirthomeffect.jpg[/SHOT]
              (sorry for the poor quality. It was just a quick photoshop)
              I think I'll make one just for me. I have all I need to do this

@Axeman: Yeah, it really s***s that the 2D shape editor has been taken out. It was one of those tools I used at least one time for a map. That makes the BSP work very complicated now...

Comment

I'll get back to these maps soon. Here I was so excited about this remake and I didn't even try it yet. Got family stuff going on for a while, so I'll try and get all my UT3 map comments updated before the end of January.

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                  Zunnie- website/pics/download are back online.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                    I'll get back to these maps soon. Here I was so excited about this remake and I didn't even try it yet. Got family stuff going on for a while, so I'll try and get all my UT3 map comments updated before the end of January.
                    Looking forward to your feedback! Thanks!

Comment

great remake!

I like the flames, statues, lighting/shadows, use of color, embellishments, general atmosphere and classic gameplay in this remake that I finally tried. You definitely captured the mood and frenetic pace of the original UT map; bots could be better (but maybe it's me getting better.....hmmmmmm....no, it's the bots). What's this HoM effect in here or were people talking about another map? Never liked one up-high spawn point in the original, but I miss the ladies in this one.

Comment

Axeman, I just got EpicBoy and it runs fine in Instant Action. However, when I put it on our server, I encountered a problem:

If I have already joined the server and then vote EpicBoy as the next map, it switches to the map and all is good ... but if I am not on the server and EpicBoy is the current map and I then try to join the server, I cannot connect and get the following error message (or something similar):

Cannot find NEC-Hostile. Connection failed.

Any suggestions?

I really liked EpicBoy in UT and you did a very nice job in recreating it. Thank you for the good work.

Comment

Working...
                        X