CTF-EpicBoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love those small CTF maps
    Any chance you will cook this for the ps3?

Comment

DM-Crane for UT3: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=606874

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman View Post
        I was just looking around and seeing what has been made. I was thinking DM-Crane or DM-Zeto.
        Some ideas

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...52&postcount=2

Comment

Yeah, the "UT veterans" are old, but we "Unreal veterans" are even older
          Unreal ftw
          But this Crane "remake" doesn't catch the classic feel, the layout is different and it's not really Crane. Looking forward to Axeman's Crane remake.
          This map will be quite a lot of work compared to Epic Boy (especially the optimization. I made a Crane remake in UT2004 once but lost motivation to finish it right now due to low frame rates at specific places).

Btw, it's really awesome that you can map with the new editor. I learned it yesterday (and lost motivation after 15 minutes of work). I can map with all the other UEds pretty well but this one is aweful imo. For me the UEd1 was the less advanced one (of course) and the UEd3 the most advanced one -but the UT3Ed... It went back to its roots -and that was a bad choice imho. Not enough variations of BSP materials, mapping consists mostly of placing meshes now (you have no big choice of SM either), you can't minimize the browser window (which is just annoying -I don't have a screen in the size of a TV!), you have to double click on a static mesh to see a 3D view of it, the viewports can't be configured as much as in the UEd2 and 3 (I usually work a lot with the 3D view and that's why I have the top, front, side view at the top and a big 3D view at the bottom) and you can't move around in the UT3Ed's SM browser like you did in the UEd3's SM browser and these darn coordinate systems when you mark an object make me rage! Suddenly I move something without wanting to do so because my mouse touched one of the arrows... and I can't find any option to disable it!

You must be really patient. Respect!

Oh and this package system made me rage too. Everything is an *.upk file... How the h*** am I supposed to know which package contains static meshes and which one contains materials!?

...*sigh* I'm old... I think I'll stick with the UEd3...

Comment

Hey Sly- I got the bsp shell done on CM-Crane last night. Took about an hour or so.

Also- when designing, I found this site helpful when trying to locate meshes: http://utmapping.wikidot.com/static-mesh-catalog

But I also agree. Not very many bsp textures and the mesh catalog really limits me to just a few themes.
            I could make models for UT2004 as they didn't have to be high-poly which allowed me to create unique themes, but UT3 has passed my modeling/texture ability by.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidas View Post
              Gotta love those small CTF maps
              Any chance you will cook this for the ps3?
              Hey Nidas- I'm not exactly sure how to cook for the PS3. I'll do some digging for a tutorial and see if I can get one.

Comment

Wow! Looks great! Is the scale all right?
                lol, in theory you did the whole UT99 map in one night (except for boxes and pillars and such stuff).

I suggest you should open a new thread in the mod request/idea sharing section since it isn't a beta map and we don't want to hijack this thread, do we?

PS: Please don't overuse complex meshes, I checked the city-related static meshes -my PC is below today's standards and the frames could be low when you use too many of them

Comment

If you dont find any tutorials I can help you cook if you want. Just let me know.

Comment

I tryed this map yesterday. It really awsome and very detail with bots limit and titan mutator on. Really good with the UT99 feeling touch to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidas View Post
                      If you dont find any tutorials I can help you cook if you want. Just let me know.
                      That'd be great if you could cook it for the PS3. I just haven't had time to look for anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberneticPhoenix View Post
                        I tryed this map yesterday. It really awsome and very detail with bots limit and titan mutator on. Really good with the UT99 feeling touch to it!
                        Thanks CyberneticPhoenix! Much appreciated- glad you like it!

Comment

How the f*ck did I miss this release?
                          Tis is epic map! Nuff said.

And Sly that P.S. is a litte... Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by HugoMarques View Post
                            How the f*ck did I miss this release?
                            Tis is epic map! Nuff said.

And Sly that P.S. is a litte... Meh...
                            Thanks, Hugo! Much appreciated.
                            Also- thank you for your feedback on the beta thread. Always great to get critiques to make it as good as it can be.

Comment

Thanks CyberneticPhoenix! Much appreciated- glad you like it!
                              Ur very welcome Axeman . Only thing missing to it is the UT99 song that goes to it. But heck its still a great map without the song! I also wanted add something to Sly map Idea.

could u try Ut99 CTF-Chasm? it always a good though wat it look like in UE3.

Comment

That'd be great if you could cook it for the PS3. I just haven't had time to look for anything yet.
                                Np m8. I need the unpublished map file that you have in your \My Documents\My Games\...\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps folder.

I will pm you my mail adress so you can send it to me.

Cheers / Nidas

Comment

Working...
                                X