Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-EpicBoy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-EpicBoy

Name: CTF-EpicBoy
    Version: Final 1.0
    Compatibility: UT3 ver 2.1-Titan Pack
    Description: Original CTF-EpicBoy for Unreal Tournament created by Warren Marshall. Have fun!
    Comments: Always had a great time playing this level in Unreal Tournament. I hadn't made a level (or opened the editor) for a
    solid two years, but I felt an inkling to make a new level. With limited time I wanted to remake a level to shorten the dev time.

After looking around I was surprised to see that EpicBoy had not been redone so I decided that I would give it a shot.
    I hope that I have captured the mood and frenetic pace of the original.

Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/screenshots/epicboy/epicboy_rc_1.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/screenshots/epicboy/epicboy_rc_2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/screenshots/epicboy/epicboy_rc_3.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/screenshots/epicboy/epicboy_rc_4.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.axemanleveldesign.com/screenshots/epicboy/epicboy_rc_5.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits:
    Warren Marshall- for creating the original which was an absolute blast to play and made for some very intense battles.
    Flak- for the hook up
    Epic Games- for giving me great tools to use
    Those who provided feedback- 1Xtreme, Thrallala, Sebastien-Nova, and HugoMarques

Homepage: Axeman Level Design
    Download:
    CTF-EpicBoy
    Mapraider mirrors

Beautifully done!!

Three additional mirrors and additional screenshots on Mapraider. Also assigned to your account, Axeman:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5412

Comment

Looks great! Downloading.
      Thanks for good work!

Comment

Hey Axeman

Wow, already final, you are very quick !

I didn't had the time to play the beta but I give the final a run & it's well made, the scale is perfect, good job

I didn't found the map on your homepage yet ?

THX for your work

Comment

Great map!
          Whoever voted 1 star for this thread is just stupid and should think about what (s)he has done! This is injustice! Such a great map should get >5 stars!
          Voted 5 stars for you to get increase the rating. A 6 star option should be definitely added.

PS: For an UT3 map the size is pretty small

Comment

FreakinMeany- thanks for the kudos and the mirrors. Much appreciated.
            Thanks for the kudos, Joe, Stevelois, and Sly. I appreciate it.

@Stevelois- yeah- I didn't mess around on the dev of this level. All told it was probably around 2 weeks work on nights/weekends.

@Sly- it is definitely a small level for UT3 which is what was great about the original. It was a small CTF level which led to a frenetic pace. When someone grabs your flag you really have to react quickly to get it back. It also requires(d) great teamwork to successfully cap because you only have so many routes you can take.

I remember a ton of fast-paced, epic clan matches on the original. Loved this map.

Again- thanks for the kind words everyone. I do appreciate it.

Comment

Another sexy map thanks dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman View Post
                @Sly- it is definitely a small level for UT3 which is what was great about the original. It was a small CTF level which led to a frenetic pace. When someone grabs your flag you really have to react quickly to get it back.
                I remember it too well. I still play UT99 from time to time and it is one those maps I always have to play when I launch UT99 (the others are CTF-EternalCaves, CTF-Face, DM-Crane and CTF-High). I didn't play your beta before and I thought it was (as most remakes) scaled up (like 1.5x - 2x of the size of the original map). It was quite surprising to see that the scale is right. It is a faithful remake and although you used UT3 assets it has almost the same atmosphere and style as the original map

I know I already said that but:
                Great map!

Comment

Men, we "UT veterans" are so old!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                    I remember it too well. I still play UT99 from time to time and it is one those maps I always have to play when I launch UT99 (the others are CTF-EternalCaves, CTF-Face, DM-Crane and CTF-High). I didn't play your beta before and I thought it was (as most remakes) scaled up (like 1.5x - 2x of the size of the original map). It was quite surprising to see that the scale is right. It is a faithful remake and although you used UT3 assets it has almost the same atmosphere and style as the original map

I know I already said that but:
                    Great map!
                    Ah- gotcha.
                    I'm pretty much the same when I play the original as well.

I really spent a bit of time in base-shell mode of testing time from flag to flag in this version compared to original. Got as close as I could. I appreciate that you noticed.

Still feeling an urge to make another level and will have to be another remake due to time constraints (work, kid's activities, etc.). Not sure which one, but I'm thinking a DM level.

Comment

How about DM-Crane? It would look neat in UE3!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                        How about DM-Crane? It would look neat in UE3!
                        I was just looking around and seeing what has been made. I was thinking DM-Crane or DM-Zeto.

Comment

I'd prefer Crane right now. With Downtown textures it must look great!
                          When you are going to remake Zeto then you should include the Fraghouse Ripper or make two versions: One with the Ripper, one without

Comment

Yeah- DM-Crane could look very good. Ok- I'll do that one.

Comment

lmao! @ we "UT veterans" are so old!

DM-Crane would be awesome ... loved that map. Zeto would be a good choice too. Been waiting for someone to do a decent one for UT3 since Nikoderiko's version of it for UT2004 a while back.

Comment

Working...
                              X