X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Chiasma Downgraded to RC2 [D/L][Pics]

Name:DM-Chiasma

Version: Final
    Compatibility: Patch 2.1 (No Titan assets used)
    Number of Player 2-12

Description: While dividing my map (DM-Richter) I draw on the analogy of meiosis where the diploid chromosomes are crossed over to generated diversity before being halved, through a process of cross over or Chiasma

DM-Richter_LP
    |
    |
    --- DM-Chiasma (Berserk Side)
    |
    |
    --- DM-Richter_SP (UDamage Side)

Comments: My First attempt at mapping.

Screenshot: DM-Chiasma

[screenshot]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x340/Achernarz/Chiasma/DM-Chiasma.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits:
    [Custom Music]
    zYnthetic VeloCity soundtrack,CBP Team
    [Beta Testers]
    Bl!tz, FreakinMeany, Lex, Stevelois, Syphix, Taffy, Thrallala, Tipper
    [Support]
    1XTreme, coolcat22, Piranhi,Nova, Zunnie, SkaarjMaster, Zerglings
    [Ofc}
    Epic games for UT3
    apologies if i forgot anyone.

###### Tutorials and Knowledge ######
    Stevie's Corner Duplicating Epic content,Stevie's Corner Enforcer tut,Joshua Javaheri,Ben Burkart Level Optimisation,AVLD tutorials,IceCreamYou Tutorial Index,Waylons Learning Unreal Engine 3,Ambershees scripting tutorials,Odedge awesome link resource,UDN,Hourences TUTORIALS - INDEX,3D BuzzEat3D

Final downgraded to RC as of Oct 22nd. Please report if this fixes crashes/ inability to join Lan matches.

Latest crop of fixes:
    -Improved bot AI to use fire at command for shield belt and electricity box
    -Added another path out of berserk room
    -Improved water material now has better fading bring it to current gen technology -Thanks Thrallala
    -Replaced some meshes with bsp -Thanks Thrallala
    -Tidied up some matinée for cleaner animations -Thanks Thrallala
    -Tweaked lighting & light meshes -Thanks Thrallala
    -Improve sound distribution slightly -Thanks Thrallala
    -Swapped bio gun with enforcer locations
    -Added more blocking volume
    -and a few other tweaks I can't think of right now

DOWNLOAD:
    DM-Chiasma_RC2 FINAL

Second Edition Version Posted

Hey m8 so, it's finally final

I know this feeling when you think that your work is completed & it's time to publish the final version, it's so a nice feeling

I'm happy you finally made it m8 !

You get 5 shiny star from me & THX also for the credits and to add my tut page in your signature, I'm flattered

Comment

Yeah it took a long time to get here, so yeah there's certainly some elation. Just hope I've ironed out all the bugs [I thinks so but you can never be 100% sure].

Many thanks for the appraisal - I really appreciate it!

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      You get 5 shiny star from me & THX also for the credits and to add my tut page in your signature, I'm flattered
      Your very welcome - you earned it! You tuts allow me to learn from and make use of all the cool assets in UT3.

Still one more map to go...

Comment

yoo bro; just tryed your baby and i like it a lot; especially the contrasted lighting
        one observation though: there s no preview pict & no ini file in this 7z file; if i remember well the RC was with an ini file and a working preview pict

thx for ur work and for the credits; waiting the second one

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
          yoo bro; just tryed your baby and i like it a lot; especially the contrasted lighting
          one observation though: there s no preview pict & no ini file in this 7z file; if i remember well the RC was with an ini file and a working preview pict
          THX, glad you like it.

Sry about that, must of slipped out: For those that have already downloaded its easily fixed by downloading the missing file DM-Chiasma.ini I'll update the original archive a bit later.

thx for ur work and for the credits; waiting the second one
          Your welcome, the support you gave made this map possible

Comment

1 word ..

Wow!

Very nice work dude .. <5 star release> - thx for your efforts ..

Comment

THX for the support 1X, it's appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
                THX for the support 1X, it's appreciated!
                You got it buddy, looking forward to more of your releases!

Great to have some fresh talent turning out quality stuff like this .. - Dude i'd be amazed to see what you could come up with in the way of a CTF map .. - Keep up the good work.

Comment

Very nice work! Thanx

Comment

Congrats on getting it to the final release! It's an awesome map mate, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                      You got it buddy, looking forward to more of your releases!

Great to have some fresh talent turning out quality stuff like this .. - Dude i'd be amazed to see what you could come up with in the way of a CTF map .. - Keep up the good work.
                      Thanks for the compliment! I hadn't thought about doing a CTF but now that you mention it, I'm already starting to ponder no promises ofc.

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                      Very nice work! Thanx
                      Thanks for showing your appreciation!

Originally posted by Lex. View Post
                      Congrats on getting it to the final release! It's an awesome map mate, well done.
                      Thanks dude! Your help was so valuable in beta testing, thanks for putting up with all my ugly alpha & betas.

Comment

Sweet map! Definitely digging the mood.

It's probably nothing, but my video driver decided to crash twice while loading and playing in this. Not sure what that's about, or if it even had anything to do with this map, but it's never happened before with any others. Thought I'd mention it just in case.

Also, I finally got this on Mapraider's three mirrors as well for you (the updated file with the INI) along with a set of much larger screenshots:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5323

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinMeany View Post
                          Sweet map! Definitely digging the mood.
                          Thanks for the compliment
                          It's probably nothing, but my video driver decided to crash twice while loading and playing in this. Not sure what that's about, or if it even had anything to do with this map, but it's never happened before with any others. Thought I'd mention it just in case.
                          Not sure what that would be, if anyone else is having problem can the submit a bug report. As I cant reproduce those errors I dont know where to start looking. Other that that has the problem stabalised?

Also, I finally got this on Mapraider's three mirrors as well for you (the updated file with the INI) along with a set of much larger screenshots:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5323
                          Many thanks FreakinMeany! I like those extra screen shots I think you did a better job that I did.

Comment

Opps sorry for the wonky post must have pressed the wrong button o.O

Was trying to add the mapraider mirror and thing went awry.

Comment

good one!

I found good lighting/shadows, very good colors and good textures used in here; I like the grays (or blues) and oranges used. You can't see the water surface from below. Is there an outside area that you can see but you can't really get to it? The skybox looks kinda cool and enjoyed the fireflies. The weapon and item placement is what should be expected. The gameplay is good even with getting very briefly stuck sometimes in certain spots. The bots are very good in this somewhat tight map; don't mess around because they will run up the frags on you quick.

EDIT: comments will be edited once the map is final again. I do like the changes so far though.

Comment

Working...
                              X