Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-McSwartzly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-McSwartzly

Name: CTF-McSwartzly
    Version: Ver 1
    Compatibility: PC/ PS3
    Description: Remake of CTF-McSwartzly from UT 99 / 2004
    Comments: Special thanks to Coreper for help with a wall not accepting light
    Screenshot:

Credits: Poppersia/HO0815XX (UT3-Conversion)
    Homepage:
    Download:
    PC Version :-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?f6641yeq8c7dvvz#1

PS3 Version :-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5s9z948ua3gyhx3

Looks nice, although the textures seem a little over stretched...

Comment

Added to Mapraider's three mirrors along with eight additional screenshots:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5205

Note: I zipped up your PS3 file and renamed it to "CTF-McSwartzlyPS3.zip" because there are hundreds of USERDATA.JAM files floating around on the net and you can't tell which is which.

Map has decent game play, but it feels a little too "BSP-ish" compared to what I would expect of a UT3 map. Specifically around the bases and the ground in the center area. Could use some tweaks to expand the size a bit here and there as well so it doesn't feel so cramped. And lastly, the water is almost invisible. I didn't realize there was any until the health warning started flashing

Could use a bit more polish, but like I said it seemed to play well in my quick little run through. Definitely a good map for someone with a lower-end machine.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinMeany View Post
        Added to Mapraider's three mirrors along with eight additional screenshots:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5205

Note: I zipped up your PS3 file and renamed it to "CTF-McSwartzlyPS3.zip" because there are hundreds of USERDATA.JAM files floating around on the net and you can't tell which is which.

Map has decent game play, but it feels a little too "BSP-ish" compared to what I would expect of a UT3 map. Specifically around the bases and the ground in the center area. Could use some tweaks to expand the size a bit here and there as well so it doesn't feel so cramped. And lastly, the water is almost invisible. I didn't realize there was any until the health warning started flashing

Could use a bit more polish, but like I said it seemed to play well in my quick little run through. Definitely a good map for someone with a lower-end machine.
        +1

HOXX did the materials correct? (looks like result someone with a good amount of material experience .. -nice normals )

poppersia did the rest of the of the conversion i'm assuming ..

Yeah i'd have to agree with FreakinMeany on this one, i think some of these conversion maps like this are more enjoyable when they have a little trim and even just a tad of UT3 styling to them, i don't think everyone can do 'next-gen' mapping but with the newer engine and capabilities its certainly nice to see some of its potential used.

Poppersia; I'd like to suggest a public beta on one of your future releases, even the best of mappers over look things that the group can catch and point out and help us learn from .. IMO (a beta phase can also be a good opportunity to learn what to look for and grow as a designer / mapper)

At any rate thx for your efforts dudes, <good work> McSwartzly was an awesome map in UT99 .. we played the map in competition against other clans (and usually spanked them)

Comment

I could have sworn I made notes or commented in a forum about this map series already, so I'll have to look harder but this will be the next one for which I leave comments. If I can't find my old notes, then I'll just leave extremely brief comments on the old versions I have installed.

EDIT: finally checked and I have 3 versions for UT, but possibly none for UT2003 or UT2004.

Comment

shall dl tomoz.

Comment

decent remake

First some quick comments on the UT versions I have installed (I have no versions for UT2003 or UT2004):

CTF-McSwartzly][ (McSwartzly's Base ][)(UT) by Swartz >> standard layout (for series anyway, 6-12 player load, plain but good textures, skybox moves too fast, bots can't defend.

CTF-McSwartzly4 (McSwartzly's Base 4)(UT) edited by |ZAmBo*A$$* (imagine with some Greek letters) >> similar layout but with some ramps and secret rooms in the center area, 6-12 player load, detailed textures, different look with purple water instead of green, skybox still too fast, bots are better.

CTF-McSwartzly2004]|[ (McSwartzly's Base ]|[ 2004 edition)(UT) by KillRoy >> 6-10 player load, seems better with no water route, nice trim (similar textures to ][ but with trim) and changed flag rooms, flak cannon in better spot, bots can't defend again, skybox is just starry sky but better than other UT versions mentioned above.

CTF-McSwartzly (UT3) >> this one has some improvements, but one major error and that would be the water route. There is a tendency to get stuck near the bottom on the way out of the base on lips or bsp or something and that is very bad and it limits the gameplay. The bots defend all too well so much that it is hard to defend, but that can be a good thing. The textures seem to be plain, but on closer inspection they are not and I like the ceilings. I like the Egyptian theme going in here and the layout is similar to 4 but with no doors on the "secret rooms". Yikes, it's claustrophobic......no skybox.....ceilings are still cool though. I also like the banners in the rafters.......not sure if the other UT versions had this though.

Comment

Working...
              X