Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Magma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Magma

Name: CTF-Magma

Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3 Version 2.1 with Titan pack
    Description: A near faithful recreation of the UT2004 map CTF-Magma.
    Screenshots:

[SCREENSHOT]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ldrka3/ctfmagmafinal/ScreenShot00000.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ldrka3/ctfmagmafinal/ScreenShot00004.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ldrka3/ctfmagmafinal/ScreenShot00007.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ldrka3/ctfmagmafinal/ScreenShot00011.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Change Log:- From Beta 4
    Implemented music track KR-Infernal-Realm lossless source

Raised hurricane meshes to unobscure volcano

Implemented bloom on sky material (sun bloom)

Reworked volcano particle

Other minor tweaks

issues
    The collision problem half way up the volcano path is still a problem this is due to an inclination problem and would require a significant reworking of the volcano mesh which I was not willing to do

so jump over it.

For reasonable Bot game play set bots to skilled or higher
    Compressed to cabinet format winrar and WinZip will extract

Credits:

Epic
    udn.epicgames.com
    Hourences - Tutorials
    DGUnreal - Tutorials
    The forum community
    1XTreme - testing
    keyser325 - testing

Download: Gamefront

Download: Mediafire

Looks quite nice M8!
    I like tha yellow edge for the lava and the skydome looks pretty good!
    Expect a download from me for this!

Comment

Also added to Mapraider's three mirrors (not that you needed it, but just in case those links eventually don't work for whatever reason and someone stumbles on this thread):

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5175

Comment

Thalos! glad to see this bad-boy make final, this is probably the single best -faithful style- 'CTF' map anyone has released to date, your willingness to listen to suggestions during your beta phase were also somewhat remarkable considering this is your first and only release <SO FAR> you really have 'THE RIGHT STUFF' as far as attitude and approach.

I'm honored to have been part of the process on a gem of a remake such as this. Thank you for all of your hard efforts.

5 Stars all the way on this one, <INCREDIBLE> job on the UV light mapping, cascade effects, etc. and preserving the original elements / look & feel of the UT2004 version.

I've added your map to the final section of my remake thread .. (which reminds me; i'll ad keyser325's version as well, we certainly appreciate his work also & his version is an great remake also as a 'redux style' - as i always say more than 1 version <IS A GOOD THING> - it gives players choices)

P.S.
        i'm amazed that you kept the compressed file size under 25MB .. Whats next? (any other plans for another remake?) - Stop by this thread if ya want when you get a chance http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=719833

Comment

Good job dude you did a awesome job very close to the original and very beautiful! (nice lava)

Comment

thalos, you did great on this map. I know you have put alot of effort into this map.
            I have been keeping tabs on the progress. Thank You for the very fun remake.

I should warn all of you players out there. When you mix this map with the excessive mod and plenty of alcohol.... you will have more fun then should be legal

LMAO good times

Comment

congratz thalos...this is a keeper one for sure
              5 stars here too & thx for ur solid work

Comment

Could be my favorite UT2kx CTF map and this is a faithful remake/port. There are however a few things that could have been done differently-

There's no postprocessing effects (except for when you're in the lava)

The whole map is quite a bit too bright

Some of the fire emitters don't really go well with the lava (the ones you've placed in the lava, not the torch fire stuff :P )

Well that's about it, good map though and certainly a worthy remake!

Comment

You know that's a good point about the PP effects, its funny because i sat and bugged and bugged and bugged HO0815XX about adding PP effects on his updated version of LavaGiant, (he doesn't really care for PP effects too much) and i never said anything to Thalos about this during my testing .. I guess i didn't also because he had done such a phenomenal job on the UV mapping of the meshes (the main features of the map are mesh) - i never thought to mention it, also i do recall the original was a fairly brightly lit map .. (but some PP contrast certainly couldn't hurt - especially if not over-done) of course still a 5 star remake none the less.

Comment

@all
                    thanks for all the positive feedback

@Thrallala
                    it never occurred to me to add any PP if it was mentioned in beta testing I would have given it a go.

@1XTreme
                    my next map is going to be DM-Flux2 (screen below) I’m still in the process of light mapping and recreating missing UV’s and optimizing materials and textures (map very texture heavy).
                    I will be willing to add PP to the map when beta is released, when that happens is unknown.

[screenshot]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ldrka3/flux2.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Hi there,

First I must say that you did a awesome job about the UV's, really ! Shadows are really great

I like the lighting / contrast very much all & the materials are very well made. The only thing I would had add more is some details normal map to make the rocks dept look deeper, you know, the one you can find in the UN_Detailtex package, just my personal preference ofc but it look nice at it is none the less.

Only things I wish it could be more of them is ammo & small armors (helmet + tights) at the lower / mid level.

TBH, I follow playercount suggested, one thing that bug me, is that in the flag base, it seem there is many defense point & playing 6 vs 6 adept bots is very very though to get the enemy flag out, specially with the rocket launcher nearby. I had to order 2 bots to defend me to successfully bring the enemy flag to my base or else it's almost impossible. In my case 6 or 8 players max is the way to go since 10 players or more isn't fun.

Anyway, a great remake that goes in my top maps.

THX for your work

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                        Hi there,
                        TBH, I follow playercount suggested, one thing that bug me, is that in the flag base, it seem there is many defense point & playing 6 vs 6 adept bots is very very though to get the enemy flag out, specially with the rocket launcher nearby. I had to order 2 bots to defend me to successfully bring the enemy flag to my base or else it's almost impossible. In my case 6 or 8 players max is the way to go since 10 players or more isn't fun.
                        Lol, **** those basecamper bots.

Flawless remake. Nuff said.

I was not a fan of either LavaGiant or Magma but thanks to you, Magma is one of my favorite maps now. I'm not a fan of Flux2. I'm hoping you change my opinion once more.

Comment

Originally posted by thalos View Post

@1XTreme
                          my next map is going to be DM-Flux2 (screen below) I’m still in the process of light mapping and recreating missing UV’s and optimizing materials and textures (map very texture heavy).
                          I will be willing to add PP to the map when beta is released, when that happens is unknown.

[screenshot]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ldrka3/flux2.jpg[/screenshot]
                          Nice! I was just looking at that one a few days ago when i was going through my UT2004 map directory. (glad to hear)

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Simple Awesome remake Many thanks for your hard work on this one. 5 stars!

Comment

Originally posted by HugoMarques View Post
                              Flawless remake. Nuff said.
                              +1

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
                              Simple Awesome remake Many thanks for your hard work on this one. 5 stars!
                              Word.......... <couldn't agree more>

Thx again Thalos .. amazing talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X