No announcement yet.

GRD/DM-O*bert [Download] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny because in my language (catalan) Obert means open as the map is.

Comment

Hehe, that's too cool!

Good thing it wasn't a derogatory

Comment

Thanks for feedback, it's always appreciated.

@ Spartan_5: That's is cool. I just wanted to sound like "Q-bert", but be a bit different. For 2 of my maps, I used Google translator to find a name for them.

One map "DM-Egitim" means training in Turkish and DM-Hidrotrik" is a shortened version of Hydro Electric Plant.

Comment

Unexpected gem

I honestly didnt think it would play well, but it really is great fun. Especially the greed version. Getting someone at the top, watching 10 skulls spill, the mad descent to pick as many of them up as you can before rushing back up to score.

Great work!

Comment

What is this? an atai remake

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
              What is this? an atai remake
              You mean Atari?

Yeah it was a classic arcade game - king of hill style. (used to play it as a kid at Chuck E. Cheese Pizza, loads of fun)

Comment

good in DM and Greed mode

Yes, it was a lot of fun and different and wild enough for me with 12 players in the DM version. This classic arcade Q*bert UT3 map is oddly enough hard to fall off of for some reason. It's also fun to play the Greed version, but the bots are a little easy. I was looking forward to trying this one and I almost tried it sooner.

Comment

@ SkaarjMaster
                  The bots can be a bit easy to play against, but such is "artificial intelligence". I wanted to make the platforms big enough so you can actually fight on them. Other wise, it would be too much z-axis fighting.

@ 1Xtreme
                  Ahhh, Chuck E. Cheese. That was a cool place where a kid could be a kid?

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                    Ahhh, Chuck E. Cheese. That was a cool place where a kid could be a kid?
                    somehow I was able to con my wife into taking my 5-year old son there the last two times........something tells me this next time all of us will be going.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                      somehow I was able to con my wife into taking my 5-year old son there the last two times........something tells me this next time all of us will be going.
                      You shouldn't have to con anyone into going there. Then again, I haven't been there in way too long to know if it's still a fun place to eat pizza and play video games.

Comment

Epic hands down.

Comment

Working...
                        X