Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCTF-Valhalla_2010 - Halo 3 Remake for UT3! Pics/DL//DM-Version available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Valhalla_2010 - Halo 3 Remake for UT3! Pics/DL//DM-Version available!

VCTF-Valhalla_2010
    -DM-Version is now available!-

Hi everyone,
    this is my remake of Halo 3's popular multiplayer map Valhalla. It is set by a cold mountain lake, surrounded by scientific forerunner structures.
    Basically, it's a base-to-base layout in a canyon. Each team has a raptor, so you're advised to get the Avril in the middle of the map when the game starts. There's also one Manta and one Hellbender per team. The bases have a very cool transparent floor, so you can see what's going on above you and vice versa. The teleporters in the bases lead to the sniper spots on top of each base.
    There are also some hidden 'eastereggs', find them yourself
    Additionally, the map features awesome custom music ! It's a compilation of halo soundtracks, that will remind you of the old days playing halo for sure (if you ever played it^^)
    the redeemer is in a room in that giant structure near the map, so it's very cool to get there and enjoy the view^^

Note: Unlike the beta, this release is fully functional even without the Titan Pack!

Credits go to the OddManOut Studios (in person CPTSteward) for the old valhalla remake (which never reached final status) for providing an excellent terrain work, that they let me use.
    Credits also go to Hozerdude, for putting the map onto his UT3 Halo server, and for lots of feedback. (of course to everyone else who gave me feedback, too )

Here's an awesome Youtube Trailer:

youtube trailer

And here are some pics:

So, here's the download: Mediafire
    Download of the SE with another vehicle setup (2 vipers, 1 scorpion instead of 1 manta+1hellbender):Mediafire
    The 'special edition' was created especially for the server of Hozerdude, no other improvements have been made!

Download DM-Version

Mirrors:
    Regular edition:
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5143
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/u...map/36633.html
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...2010_final.rar

'Special Edition':
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5144
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...e_setup%29.rar

DM-Valhalla_2010:
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...halla_2010.rar

OK well this Halo 3 Map is awesome. Good Job Bud!!

Comment

excellent map mate; probably the more fun vctf i ve seen so far; the speed of UT3 fit like a glove to the halo maps; super fun with vehicles & hoverboard
      the only detail that i have note is that some weapons base are floating and not "attached" to the ground (avril & minigun for example)

i never have play halo3 but i m a big fan of halo 1 and this map remind me a lot bloodgulch.... i dream of a bloodgulch remake for UT3
      ... a last question: lol....no ring in halo3?
      5 stars here and a keeper for me;...thx for ur work; keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
        excellent map mate; probably the more fun vctf i ve seen so far; the speed of UT3 fit like a glove to the halo maps; super fun with vehicles & hoverboard
        the only detail that i have note is that some weapons base are floating and not "attached" to the ground (avril & minigun for example)

i never have play halo3 but i m a big fan of halo 1 and this map remind me a lot bloodgulch.... i dream of a bloodgulch remake for UT3
        ... a last question: lol....no ring in halo3?
        5 stars here and a keeper for me;...thx for ur work; keep it up
        You can get Bloodgulch, this map and some of the other Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 maps with the UT3 Halo Map Pak That also has the spartan Model included here at ...........

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6QD92N4

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by hozerdude View Post
          You can get Bloodgulch, this map and some of the other Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 maps with the UT3 Halo Map Pak That also has the spartan Model included here at ...........

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6QD92N4

Enjoy
          thx a lot for the link mate but if i m correct the versions of deathisland and bloodgulch that u have in the pack are very "low poly" and i search something as nice visually as what spader did

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
            thx a lot for the link mate but if i m correct the versions of deathisland and bloodgulch that u have in the pack are very "low poly" and i search something as nice visually as what spader did
            As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have not had any complaints from users other than you.

Good Luck in your search bud

I aplogize for being off topic sorry

Comment

Originally posted by hozerdude View Post
              As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have not had any complaints from users other than you.

Good Luck in your search bud
              no no i m not complaining bro; but if the maps are thoses from hardPCM it was conversions and they was low poly; he offered the maps and i thx him a lot + he told he was fine if someone wanted to texture em in a UT3ish way.....so no complaints at all.....i have too much respect for mappers & the hours spended

btw thx for tking the time to collect all thoses halo maps

and i apologise for the offtopic too...haha^^

Comment

Added both versions to Mapraider's 3 mirrors:

Regular Version:
                http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5143

SE Version (Changed vehicles):
                http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5144

Comment

Don't forget that I'll be releasing a beta of Infinity soon!

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments and the mirror!
                    Bl!tz, maybe the remake of Halo 2's Coagulation would be something for you^^
                    It's also in the map pack that Hozerdude linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp4der View Post
                      Thanks guys for the comments and the mirror!
                      Bl!tz, maybe the remake of Halo 2's Coagulation would be something for you^^
                      It's also in the map pack that Hozerdude linked.
                      yeah visually it s awesome but bretman never fixed the collision problems with the trees n rocks

Comment

The tree collisions are not that big of a deal unless you get REALLY close to them, and I did put per poly collison on the rocks so I don't know what else you guys want from me

If you don't like it, someone else make it but I guarantee you it won't be as good... because I bring quality and hard work when making maps. You think I didn't try at all with coagulation? I put alot of hard work into it, I textured the flag bases by hand which was 1100 surfaces or so, sculpted the terrain from scratch and spent alot of time getting the cliff textures right and the sandy rocks, so if you don't like it then someone else just do it I don't care at this point, if you don't like my efforts then I just won't release anything else on this forum again, and you can go to pixelgeeks.net to check for new releases or I may just keep everything to myself. It's been the same **** story for a long time now, nobody appreciates my efforts and everybody just whines about it. BLAH.

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                          The tree collisions are not that big of a deal unless you get REALLY close to them, and I did put per poly collison on the rocks so I don't know what else you guys want from me

If you don't like it, someone else make it but I guarantee you it won't be as good... because I bring quality and hard work when making maps. You think I didn't try at all with coagulation? I put alot of hard work into it, I textured the flag bases by hand which was 1100 surfaces or so, sculpted the terrain from scratch and spent alot of time getting the cliff textures right and the sandy rocks, so if you don't like it then someone else just do it I don't care at this point, if you don't like my efforts then I just won't release anything else on this forum again, and you can go to pixelgeeks.net to check for new releases or I may just keep everything to myself. It's been the same **** story for a long time now, nobody appreciates my efforts and everybody just whines about it. BLAH.
                          ????......euh....did i say that u did a **** work? i say since day one that the map is awesome mate...but it have collision problems and that s a fact!
                          i havent found this problem on Valhalla; perhaps can u ask to spader how he succed to have it fine
                          if u cant hear others opinions & comments it s sad; noone tell that u havent put time & efforts in the map and it s probably because u have put all thoses efforts in it that it s a pure shame to see it still with thoses collision problems after 2 years...

@spader :really srry for all that off topic; at start i just wanted to say that ur map is superb and that it remind me bloogulch....rofl! what a drama!

Comment

xD no problem^^
                            Well I also had collision problems with the speedtrees at first, until I found the ones I have now, with a better collision model. It would also be possible to make blocking volumes for each speedtree and turning collision off for the speedtrees themselves

Comment

Sp4der Where are these 2 secret Teleports at you said you put in? I found the redeemer tele so where is the other one?

Comment

Working...
                              X