• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
    its about the UOF mappack not about
    Cr4zyB4st4rd rude post whatever so stop the drama
    yes plz !

Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
    Seb. Stop. Stop making ridiculously playable and fun maps. Its not fair on my wife and kids
    lol thx Bawsy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanx all for the positive response and feedback!
    Hope yaz enjoy playing them as much as we had fun making them!

I love my low grav maps so Flux was my low grav addition to the pack! It was inspired by Morpheus and I wanted it to be very techy looking! Due to complaints with my previous maps of a similar nature I decided to add the facility of players to have a chance of teleporting back into the map rather than fall to their death.

Artica was based on a concept by my wife. Artica has gone through many drastic changes since the beginning and originally was above and below ground but changed to a pure underground enviroment due to performance reasons(funnily enough). I like lots of vehicle action hence the amount of vehicles in the map. I've spent more time on Artica than any other map and found it quite a challenge to balance and was literly working on it til the last hour!

Regarding feedback on my maps, most of the constructive comments mentioned were already discussed a few times during development so I'm not surprised to see them mentioned outside our forums.
    The UOF guys quickly learnt that I'm a powerup, vehicle and bold colours junkie.
    A good example is the bright blue ice in Artica.
    The guys suggested that I tone it down a few times but that's how I wanted it, so it stayed, where as other things were changed and ended up looking better than I could have ever thought!
    Working with my fellow UOF mappers is great as we can agree to disagree on many issues but ultimately we all respect the authors direction on the map even if it doesn't appeal to the majority of others!

I believe as long as yaz have fun with the maps in our pack then I consider them a success!

I look forward to being involved in another pack if we decide to go ahead with one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a very fine line between constructive criticism, and being thought of as RUDE, and offensive...But just bare in mind that, WITHOUT it, nothing would ever get ether, fixed, nor improved....It just depends on the individual, on how they may take it...Hopefully, most, if not ALL Mappers would love to see their release with all their HARD work and effort, to be a PERFECT one...

With all that said.....Great map pack....love it to bits, many many thanks, for the fun I shall be having :-)

Cheers....
    Swifty

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice map pack guys, great work.

All DM maps play very well layout wise, and thats the most important thing. They also look great. Unfortunately, my aging PC is really beginning to struggle - a few maps (Hibernate & Peak) dipping into 20s for me.

Seb. Stop. Stop making ridiculously playable and fun maps. Its not fair on my wife and kids

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its about the UOF mappack not about
    Cr4zyB4st4rd rude post whatever so stop the drama

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    Note that this "way" of explaining ideas is closer to imposing your ideas. It's like a manager behave on the staff in a production line. While it may work with some people, it's not a general rule. Simply put, by behaving harshly or softly in all case isn't good. You will obtain a better result by "proposing" your ideas instead of "imposing" them.

Those guy's are all players & mappers since some time. They're also nice folks with open minded. They know what they're doing but the end result will look & feel differently simply because they're not you & if it's like this or like that, it's for a reason

I do appreciate the time you took to give those guy's detailed feedback on there maps.

My only advice is if you want to make your ideas well receive to others, you must respect there work in the first place no matter if it live up to your expectation or not. That is why others (not the mappers involve but everyone reading your comments) may understand you the wrong way.

Cheers
    That very well said It important to remember we all like different maps and style. Because 1 person think they are good mapper and everyone should like their particular style, not always the case. Sometimes people have re-released maps (updated, made night/day version, or work to make map run better on low end computer).
    I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

I notice Cr4zyB4st4rd work on community bonus pack. So maybe he jealous

This is good map packs. All very nice works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great work man...........

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks to everyone who downloaded the map and checked it out. Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Mappers can become better if we know what we did well and not so well.

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
    Hidrotrik - Nice map, flows well and has some nice z-axis. There were a few places where it could have looked much nice if walls had been trimmed. A few SMs on corners of buildings didn't line up looked messy compared to the rest of the map. And one other thing. No shield belt?
    Thanks for your specific feed back as well. I appreciate the comment on the game play as this is really my second "original" layout.

I didn't want to mesh every wall given the theme of the map, but I think the way I designed it made it hard for me to mesh it without being repetitive. As for the meshing, this is my weakest (imho) and least favorite part of the process, but I think it's better than my previous map. If only a little bit!

I am not a huge fan of the shield belt and given the size and layout of the map, I don't think it would work while still having the Udamage (which I like having more than the belt).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah sorry I can come off as a bit of an *** at times. :x

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Flak

THX for making the thread sticky

@Everyone

THX so far for your nice words, it's appreciated

@Cr4zyB4st4rd

THX for the detailed feedback on all maps. While I don't have a map myself in this pack, I would had like to know what you think of it

Only thing I must add about this :

...I don't mean to offend anyone, although it may have come across harsh, usually being harsh is the best way to let people know. If you go all soft on them they might not take notice or change it at all...
    Note that this "way" of explaining ideas is closer to imposing your ideas. It's like a manager behave on the staff in a production line. While it may work with some people, it's not a general rule. Simply put, by behaving harshly or softly in all case isn't good. You will obtain a better result by "proposing" your ideas instead of "imposing" them.

Those guy's are all players & mappers since some time. They're also nice folks with open minded. They know what they're doing but the end result will look & feel differently simply because they're not you & if it's like this or like that, it's for a reason

I do appreciate the time you took to give those guy's detailed feedback on there maps.

My only advice is if you want to make your ideas well receive to others, you must respect there work in the first place no matter if it live up to your expectation or not. That is why others (not the mappers involve but everyone reading your comments) may understand you the wrong way.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Schotti|UTzone View Post
    THX for the mirror

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow excellent work guys Just got home so I'll download asap

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cr4zyB4st4rd ? why keep pick maps????
    COMPREENDEMOS A BP está em grande quantidade de dificuldade mas deveria investir na Petrobras ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by diesalot View Post
    Thanks for all the comments / feedback guys much appretiated.

@Crazy. The lighting was something that the guys mentioned but i wanted to keep with realism.
    Like the other guys said if theres to be an updated version. Its the main area i intend to work on.
    Thanks for the review my man.
    Realisim is cool, and it does look more realistic, but this is UT ^^ . I mean the gameplay is solid, but i do like to do awesome lighting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for all the comments / feedback guys much appretiated.

@Crazy. The lighting was something that the guys mentioned but i wanted to keep with realism.
    Like the other guys said if theres to be an updated version. Its the main area i intend to work on.
    Thanks for the review my man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X