X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    First impressions:

DM-Aero
    New music is alway welcome. The Layout is fast an furious. The custom jump pads and PP during UDamge were nice touches. I wish there were more health pickups. but thats probably just me.

DM-Hibernate
    Great atmosphere. I feel cold just looking at it. Defiantly one of the most attractive maps. I can imagine spending plenty of time is this map.

DM-Hidrotrik

Very scenic, I really like the sun set and the PP that accents that. I felt the use of BSP edging textures complemented each other nicely. The layout is dense and action packed. Found a texture issue near a lift; there's a tile texture where there should be a earthy cement render type on one side, but its not too obvious.

DM-OrbitalFlux
    Wacky map. Not a fan of low gravity maps but I really liked the innovative teleport when you fall (sometimes). Great theme. Not a fan of the invis. But there is certainly something for everyone in this pack!

DM-Peak
    Intense layout but hap hazard. I found the long narrow corridors on the outside a big distraction. Perilous jousting didn't work for me. Great new music! Reminded me of many old dungeon type maps so a big plus for nostalgia.

CTF-Incinerate

Excellent magma. I really like the red hot metal framework on the bridge above, great touch. Very attractive map which is true to form for the author. I got kick out of the Gothic/ batman stylings.

CTF-And Action

Simple but effective.

VCTF-Compound

The dark atmosphere is done well. I liked the foot print sounds as you go over the grass, nice touch. I did find it a little bit too open, not enough cover, but I guess just means I need to be more strategic. Found a flickering rubbish mesh, red side inside building 2nd floor near Vest.

WAR-Artica
    The blue/turquoise takes some getting used to but once your eyes adapt its not too bad. However I fell straight into the abyss coz I couldn't tell the difference between the ground and water/crevasse. I felt the Asian bases barred no relation to their arctic surroundings. Nevertheless layout was fun with lots of pickups with seemed balanced on first run through. I liked nuking the opposition when they got too close to home base vs turrets. I found the long steep incline form the core node made lots of fun battling up the hill to the enemy base. And if that got too hard the side route to get on top of the power core left me giddy taking pot shots form above.

There's many hours of fun to be had in these maps. Appreciate all the hours and skill you guys put into them. Hats off for a job well done!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem guys, once you post up the PS3 version I'll mirror that too on the same mirror for now.

Got something in the works specifically for PS3 users though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yup big thx m8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX again for hosting the Windows installer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...F_Map_Pack.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    10 years down - still going strong!

Originally posted by rek View Post
    my name is rek, i have downloaded this mappack and am currently putting it through its paces.

no complaints yet!
    thank you for your dedication and efforts regarding this "dead" game.
    no matter what the online player counts say, it's work like this that keeps people playing online or off!
    Thank you for taking time to post rek..

+1

We have good fun playing offline - (friends / family, etc) we have a 8 PC lan in our home with a dedicated UT3 server. We have regular LAN get togethers (not as much recently as in the past)

This Tech that Epic has given us is still the best to ever happen PC wise to and sets the mark in FPS for IMO. That's why some won't give up on it. - Not to mention that running the editor can be a great hobby.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, THX for the mirror

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...f_map_pack.rar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok after playing the first few maps, I'm really impressed! The only flaw I found was that WAR-Artica had so much bloom that the bloom effects looked very low-rez like. maybe it's better to play that map without bloom.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    my name is rek, i have downloaded this mappack and am currently putting it through its paces.

no complaints yet!
    thank you for your dedication and efforts regarding this "dead" game.
    no matter what the online player counts say, it's work like this that keeps people playing online or off!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1st. Much respect to the community.

OK guys look, this obviously isn't CBP4 or 5 .....

This is the UOF "Unreal Old Friends" map pack.

Just because someone who worked on the CBP maps has given us some constructive feedback doesn't mean that our pack is about them correct?--

Knock it off - thx.

& let us move on.

Hey Crazy - Dude i love your style man you rock seriously... - - Now for all who still play this awesome technological achievement known as Unreal - Grab ya a download and have fun!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ people who don't understand Cr4zy's Constructive Criticism.

I'd rather have constructive criticism on my work than generic "I LIK IT. ITS GOOD" comments. Mappers in a way are artists and for an artist to improve criticism is needed People just saying it's "good" all the time doesn't help one improve. Flaws need to be pointed out as well as good points being highlighted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    That very well said It important to remember we all like different maps and style. Because 1 person think they are good mapper and everyone should like their particular style, not always the case. Sometimes people have re-released maps (updated, made night/day version, or work to make map run better on low end computer).
    I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

I notice Cr4zyB4st4rd work on community bonus pack. So maybe he jealous

This is good map packs. All very nice works.
    i just want to mention that half of the UOF troup did some betatesting for the last cbp pack update , so there s absolutly no conflicts...
    ...if some cbp members comments our work it show that they have some interrest for our maps...i m proud and honnored by that!

personnaly i dont found Crazy s post so rude and he only took time to test n comment ....thx for that ;-)

we are amateur mappers and our main targets is to have fun and to help to keep UT alive as long as possible; all thoses posts are nice; thx guys ;-)

edit:
    i forgot to thx all thoses dinosaurs of mapping for giving me the occasion to do/try to do some conversions/remakes...hahaha^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks awesome! I'm downloading this right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

I notice Cr4zyB4st4rd work on community bonus pack. So maybe he jealous
    You released map pack. I tested and commented on the map pack. That's what happens, I gave you my opinion because that is what a forum is for. Sorry if you didn't like my honest opinion, but you can't have expected that everyone would be an instant fan, pleasing everyone just doesn't work :/

It's like some people didn't expect criticism..

Seems like some people just don't want to listen unless its sugar coated feedback

Leave a comment:

Working...
X