X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup big thx m8

Comment

No problem guys, once you post up the PS3 version I'll mirror that too on the same mirror for now.

Got something in the works specifically for PS3 users though.

Comment

First impressions:

DM-Aero
        New music is alway welcome. The Layout is fast an furious. The custom jump pads and PP during UDamge were nice touches. I wish there were more health pickups. but thats probably just me.

DM-Hibernate
        Great atmosphere. I feel cold just looking at it. Defiantly one of the most attractive maps. I can imagine spending plenty of time is this map.

DM-Hidrotrik

Very scenic, I really like the sun set and the PP that accents that. I felt the use of BSP edging textures complemented each other nicely. The layout is dense and action packed. Found a texture issue near a lift; there's a tile texture where there should be a earthy cement render type on one side, but its not too obvious.

DM-OrbitalFlux
        Wacky map. Not a fan of low gravity maps but I really liked the innovative teleport when you fall (sometimes). Great theme. Not a fan of the invis. But there is certainly something for everyone in this pack!

DM-Peak
        Intense layout but hap hazard. I found the long narrow corridors on the outside a big distraction. Perilous jousting didn't work for me. Great new music! Reminded me of many old dungeon type maps so a big plus for nostalgia.

CTF-Incinerate

Excellent magma. I really like the red hot metal framework on the bridge above, great touch. Very attractive map which is true to form for the author. I got kick out of the Gothic/ batman stylings.

CTF-And Action

Simple but effective.

VCTF-Compound

The dark atmosphere is done well. I liked the foot print sounds as you go over the grass, nice touch. I did find it a little bit too open, not enough cover, but I guess just means I need to be more strategic. Found a flickering rubbish mesh, red side inside building 2nd floor near Vest.

WAR-Artica
        The blue/turquoise takes some getting used to but once your eyes adapt its not too bad. However I fell straight into the abyss coz I couldn't tell the difference between the ground and water/crevasse. I felt the Asian bases barred no relation to their arctic surroundings. Nevertheless layout was fun with lots of pickups with seemed balanced on first run through. I liked nuking the opposition when they got too close to home base vs turrets. I found the long steep incline form the core node made lots of fun battling up the hill to the enemy base. And if that got too hard the side route to get on top of the power core left me giddy taking pot shots form above.

There's many hours of fun to be had in these maps. Appreciate all the hours and skill you guys put into them. Hats off for a job well done!

Comment

Thanks for downloading and checking them out. Very nice feedback too.

Comment

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
            DM-Hidrotrik
            Very scenic, I really like the sun set and the PP that accents that. I felt the use of BSP edging textures complemented each other nicely. The layout is dense and action packed.
            Thanks for the kind words.

Found a texture issue near a lift; there's a tile texture where there should be a earthy cement render type on one side, but its not too obvious.
            For the sake of "bug tracking". Are you talking about the metal tiles at the bottom of the outside lift? If so, that was done on purpose, though I probably should have added a trim around the top as well.

Comment

Your welcome!

Its below the Rocket launcher.

Forward:
              Reverse:

The textures are very similar, right side does not have the tile material added to the texture(forward view).

Comment

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
                Your welcome!

Its below the Rocket launcher.

Forward:
                Reverse:

The textures are very similar, right side does not have the tile material added to the texture(forward view).
                Ahh yes, that wasn't intentional. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

Comment

great map pack!

Seems like the CTF-Greed maps don't appear correctly in the menu, but maybe this is just UT3.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-Hibernate >> good map for Greed with good flow, gameplay, z-axis and at least one or two good sniping spots. This works for DM also and is fun in either mode. There seems to be too much haze or washed-out colors or just too bright, but otherwise it's a good atmosphere with the help of the torches, snow, overcast sky, architecture with spires, banner/flag, barren trees, crystals, and a good music choice. I wouldn't say this one is amazing, but could have been with lighting fix. Also, I got stuck once briefly.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-Hidrotrik >> I like the water and steam shooting out and the sunset. This one has a good music choice, ambient sounds, HOLY-MOLY, that's an intense "waterfalling" into the cup that guy is holding up! Obviously, the action is held to the buildings and space between for a good reason. The textures/meshes/color choices with the lighting really bring out the atmosphere of this map along with the intense gameplay, z-axis and connectivity; it's also a little crazy trying to figure out where the location of the skull drop off is at but the arrows help.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-OrbitalFlux >> Yikes, a space map! Never was fond of these, but I gave it a try anyway. Good music track, standard space graphics with stars, etc. and some not-so-standard dark matter zone below. The architecture looks clean, simple and neon but the gameplay is not. I like the open and central greed point and the crazy, wild scramble for skulls around the outside or you could camp near the greed point but not for long. The bots definitely grab the redeemer, but anymore than 10 players is insane in this one. I like the over-the-edge teleport instead of falling to your death also; I was wondering WTF was going on. This one is fun in DM also, but seems more frantic with the Greed gametype.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-Peak >> This is a crazy-a$$ classic creation here with dragon statues, surrounding mountain spires, space scene, spider webs, torches, slightly flickering lights, and especially like the interesting location for the skull drop off point (aka greed point as I'm calling it). This is also great in its intended DM format and brings back one of my favorite maps. I never liked perilous outside paths, but it's still fun. I think this was remade for UT2004 also.

CTF-UOF-AndAction!_2K10 >> I like the preview shots, banners, surrounding cityscape and, obvious, team color indicators. Lots of details in here as well as classic music redux. Good thing my bots are good. I don't have the original, but out of the remakes this one seems the best. I don't do wall dodges, so no problems with the middle pillar for me. I like the countdown and technical screens in the arena. The xloc activated makes the gameplay even more intense; although, you might not want to play it this way too much or you could get epileptic. Yes, it's CTF in a box, but it can be fun, but you may want to limit it to 3-on-3, really. Looks like the ol' "gameplay in a box" debate (or possibly the "gameplay vs. visuals" debate but probably not as much) has reared its ugly head in this thread but not too much. A few years ago, I remember some heated conversations and debate about this for original UT maps. Basically, it's a matter of what people like and what other people don't. I think both this map and other huge CTF maps with intricate pathways both have their place on servers and are both good in different ways and it's good to experience different styles of play.

CTF-UOF-Incinerate >> This one has good lighting/shadows and a decent music choice. I especially like the neon, lava area, metal railings, cracks everywhere, overhead pathways as well as the arrows and jump pads; woohoo, that moon is close, must be some wild floods on this planet, wow, wait....I knew this looked and sounded familiar, it's Gotham!!! Lots of z-axis and city sniper action in here and xloc activation definitely helps in here. This may be the best and most fun one in the pack.

DM-UOF-Aero >> The sky and the ocean look good (sky seems standard with the sun thrown in). This one has a great music choice, subdued lighting, animated jump pads, good lighting/shadows/textures/meshes throughout, nice mountain scenery and a crazy layout that is almost claustrophobic but works. Bots are good and I somehow lost the first match, but it's hard to shoot with a rocket up your a$$. The sniper rifle really needs to be replaced in this frantic map.

VCTF-UOF-Compound >> I like the breeze blowing through the foliage, but the whole map seems in a haze with not-so-good lighting (I guess this would be the realism vs. lighting thing). The crickets, footsteps, and run-down look all really bring out the factory atmosphere. I did like the fact that you could use vehicles and run on-foot to try and CTF in here. Not VCTF at its best, but it does have good gameplay. It does seem too hard to CTF in this one and the bots are good.

WAR-UOF-Artica >> yes, it's better without bloom. There are wild blues and greens in this one with blinding water pools. Yes, I agree, it's definitely hard to tell land from water at times. I don't play WAR that much
                  but it seems possibly too many powerful vehicles in here. Bots are good, especially in the darkwalker.

Comment

Nice one got to check this out after the testing some of the beta maps.

10/10 excellent job guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                      THX for the constructive reviews, much appreciated

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                      ****, it's about time you play with the finals m8 LOL

Comment

Thanks for the awesome map pack guys. Finally got a chance to play through them all and they are all great in their own ways. I like the variation in styles between them all. Great job!

Comment

Glad ta hear ya like it M8!

Thanking all for your reviews and comments!

Unfortunately not all our maps made it into this pack and I think the others are keen for a second pack sometime in the future.
                          From me here's a teaser from one of my maps that never made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
                            Glad ta hear ya like it M8!

and I think the others are keen for a second pack sometime in the future.

Oh yeah yeah please! to all uof team Your pack is very funny to play! we need some more maps dudes! there are in this forum any another good amateurs mappers that could participate in this great pack and so it may contains more different kind of maps... Hey Steve im awatin for that interesting ctf map you posted long time ago in this forum XD XD

I can wait for that second pack!

Thanks for the gift XD

tharalla sometime i saw an map ctf with lava maybe in this pack or....?

Comment

big thx achernar & skaarjmaster for the detailled feedback and thx all for the comments

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                                Oh yeah yeah please! to all uof team Your pack is very funny to play! we need some more maps dudes! there are in this forum any another good amateurs mappers that could participate in this great pack and so it may contains more different kind of maps... Hey Steve im awatin for that interesting ctf map you posted long time ago in this forum XD XD

I can wait for that second pack!

Thanks for the gift XD

tharalla sometime i saw an map ctf with lava maybe in this pack or....?
                                Thanks for commenting

CTF-Incinerate has a small area in the middle with some lava, however I've shown some WIP shots of my next map (CTF-Legacy) which will be lava themed, maybe that's the map?

Comment

Working...
                                X