X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post

CTF-UOF-AndAction!_2K10 >> I like the preview shots, banners, surrounding cityscape and, obvious, team color indicators. Lots of details in here as well as classic music redux. Good thing my bots are good. I don't have the original, but out of the remakes this one seems the best. I don't do wall dodges, so no problems with the middle pillar for me. I like the countdown and technical screens in the arena. The xloc activated makes the gameplay even more intense; although, you might not want to play it this way too much or you could get epileptic. Yes, it's CTF in a box, but it can be fun, but you may want to limit it to 3-on-3, really. Looks like the ol' "gameplay in a box" debate (or possibly the "gameplay vs. visuals" debate but probably not as much) has reared its ugly head in this thread but not too much. A few years ago, I remember some heated conversations and debate about this for original UT maps. Basically, it's a matter of what people like and what other people don't. I think both this map and other huge CTF maps with intricate pathways both have their place on servers and are both good in different ways and it's good to experience different styles of play.
    Wow, great review SkaarjMaster;

Couldn't have said it or explained it better myself. There is something to be said for highly skilled players who enjoy CTF arena, its a rare situation but it sure can be fun.

I've mentioned this before but i'll say it again specifically to you, we play this map with 5 humans (real players on LAN) against 5 AI (Bots set on a dedicated server skill setting of 7 which is inhuman or 1 below godlike) with the Instagib mutator, no spawn protection and no translocator, 10 caps, 20 min. Talk about being on your toes, we virtually always spank them on flags and they beat us on frags (though sometimes the frags are neck & neck)

Its an action thing i guess. I'm fairly sure that many who play this game have never played with this intensity and if they saw us play they might be shocked to see us getting monster kill after monster kill with the AI in such a ferociously aggressive hyper mode. The reason i point this out certainly isn't to brag, we've been playing the UT series on Instagib for nearly 10 years, the idea is more to mention to people that its possible to play this particular map with these setting and have a hell of a challenge and an action battle like you never have on CTF, it integrates Arena (usually played on DM) into CTF, - which is a fun twist (especially for die-hard CTF players like we are)

If someone doesn't have a small lan to try this on then reduce the AI 1 to 1 for the amount of humans you have playing on your LAN, 2 vs 2 is also great - in fact 3 vs 3 is just about perfect when you go upto 5 vs 5 it starts to get very crazy with the spawn killing they put on ya unless you have 2 or more dedicated sharp shooters on howitzers blasting them before they can get the drop on your team and pin everyone down.

BTW, great review on all maps in the pack! Thanks for taking the time to provide your quality feedback!

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
    Nice work guys =) grabbing pack now, thank you very much to all involved
    Awesome! thx for taking time to comment Frag! (appreciate it)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
    I was giving my honest opinion and trying to give the mappers something to imp[rove on, it may have come across harsh, but when i get feedback i prefer people to tell me the truth and not try to be kind.
    Well i'm happy that we've had some good conversation via private message, and as we discussed i think we're on the same page as far as this goes, yeah feedback is tricky for me sometimes (for me anyway) because i try to be as fair and objective as possible and while remembering that my feedback goes farther if i find some positive with the work first then move on the the critique.

Im not saying it's a bad remake, and as i stated i dont play with music on I was meerly stating that there are already several version of the map, nothing wrong with improving your skills, however i do prefer original maps :x
    I wasn't aware of any other remakes other than my former 2K9 version which i explained about in the readme of this release, matter of fact - i've searched for other UT3 versions and still haven't found any? Apart from that issue though, i always support and encourage other authors who release an alternate version of the same map - because first of all its a nice way to thank them for their work - and second it gives us 'the entire community' choices, which are always nice some might prefer one version and others yet a different version.

Exactly this, i don't mean to offend anyone, although it may have come across harsh, usually being harsh is the best way to let people know. If you go all soft on them they might not take notice or change it at all. As i said, i prefer people to be honest and get to the point about issues they have in my maps. I try to please them by fixing or adding things they suggest. if i can't or feel that to me it wouldn't hep i won't do it. Im not trying to force anyone to do anything, just to give them some help at improving.
    There certainly is some truth to this, - for me though again i prefer the soften them up first with finding some positives and then dropping the hammer .. (joke of course) again my .02 = IMO people are more receptive if they hear sometime positive about their work and then the fix it list or the negatives.

There are some clicks here and sometimes people get more praise by some and more nitpicking by others that's just life no matter what you do and where ya go. Someone told me a long time ago that "in life sometimes its not who's right or who's wrong - it's who you know." (there is some truth in that statement as well to a point)

Thanks for your comments and let me know if you can show me where to find these other remakes of the CTF-AndAction map sometimes? (I mean i know i took my remake to a new level and enough others seem pleased with it so that much is good) but just the same i'd still like to see the others and ad them to my remake thread sticky in the User Maps & Mods section.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    ...Unfortunately not all our maps made it into this pack and I think the others are keen for a second pack sometime in the future...
    I also have something... it's a teaser from CTF-Gothia that never made it

[screenshot]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5716/screenshot00000h.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8540/screenshot00001k.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9074/screenshot00002c.jpg[/screenshot]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    about the health pickup, I'm always taunted by my UOF's mates cauz I put too much health on my map lol, so I have follow there recommandations with removing some healths and I think by playing this map again and again it's fine as it is now, it's push the player to move & move and it's a good point imo
    Fair enough. That comment was a first impression. Not to mention your Hard Core stylings and all the traditions that follow that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just think the UT3 sniper rifle takes too long to fire and shouldn't be included in frantic and smaller maps. If it fired like the original UT sniper rifle, then no problem. It could also be my style of play as I usually just use what's in front of me without switching weapons and this can tend to slow me down when I grab the sniper rifle.
    Basically I tend to agree with you, I'm not a fan of the sniper too but some others players like use it, so it's always good when you make a map to think to differents styles of playing and give the more tacticals options possible inside

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    can you explain better why you think the sniper need to be replace?
    I just think the UT3 sniper rifle takes too long to fire and shouldn't be included in frantic and smaller maps. If it fired like the original UT sniper rifle, then no problem. It could also be my style of play as I usually just use what's in front of me without switching weapons and this can tend to slow me down when I grab the sniper rifle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM-UOF-Aero
    ... The sniper rifle really needs to be replaced in this frantic map.
    can you explain better why you think the sniper need to be replace?

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
    DM-Aero
    New music is alway welcome. The Layout is fast an furious. The custom jump pads and PP during UDamge were nice touches. I wish there were more health pickups. but thats probably just me.
    thx for your feedbacks !

about the health pickup, I'm always taunted by my UOF's mates cauz I put too much health on my map lol, so I have follow there recommandations with removing some healths and I think by playing this map again and again it's fine as it is now, it's push the player to move & move and it's a good point imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work guys =) grabbing pack now, thank you very much to all involved

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I'm running Crucible weapons and drop all weapons. But it's the only map that does it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a little note to mention that we're working on the PS3 maps convertions

The team didn't forgot the PS3 players

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's great to see the pack finally released. I wish Steve and I were able to contribute a full map each but believe me when I say that this was a bunch of fun to create. All the UOF guys are fantastic to work with.

I feel no need to comment on individual maps because I have done that on the UOF forums already but I will mention how stunning the pack became as a whole. Simply FANTASTIC!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
    Great work m8s just found a problem can't seem to pick up weapons on Hibernate?

Think I had the same problems in beta can't be sure..
    Noone else have mentioned this, is it like that for all weapons or just some of them? Got any mutators or stuff like that running? And is it the Greed version, the DM version or both?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SNIP
    You give the best reviews. I for 1 really enjoy playing CTF that is my game play. When I get to playing I don't have time for nonsense I play Fast And Furious like the name of the movies put an instagib rifle in my hand and I'm good to go.

You remind me of someone very cool from a past Clan from the tournie .

Double thumbs up on that review. We need people like you out there to encourage another quality free for all pack for UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work m8s just found a problem can't seem to pick up weapons on Hibernate?

Think I had the same problems in beta can't be sure..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That was exellent feedback Skaarjmaster. Thank you.

ROFL @ rek

Leave a comment:

Working...
X