Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a very fine line between constructive criticism, and being thought of as RUDE, and offensive...But just bare in mind that, WITHOUT it, nothing would ever get ether, fixed, nor improved....It just depends on the individual, on how they may take it...Hopefully, most, if not ALL Mappers would love to see their release with all their HARD work and effort, to be a PERFECT one...

With all that said.....Great map pack....love it to bits, many many thanks, for the fun I shall be having :-)

Cheers....
    Swifty

Comment

Thanx all for the positive response and feedback!
      Hope yaz enjoy playing them as much as we had fun making them!

I love my low grav maps so Flux was my low grav addition to the pack! It was inspired by Morpheus and I wanted it to be very techy looking! Due to complaints with my previous maps of a similar nature I decided to add the facility of players to have a chance of teleporting back into the map rather than fall to their death.

Artica was based on a concept by my wife. Artica has gone through many drastic changes since the beginning and originally was above and below ground but changed to a pure underground enviroment due to performance reasons(funnily enough). I like lots of vehicle action hence the amount of vehicles in the map. I've spent more time on Artica than any other map and found it quite a challenge to balance and was literly working on it til the last hour!

Regarding feedback on my maps, most of the constructive comments mentioned were already discussed a few times during development so I'm not surprised to see them mentioned outside our forums.
      The UOF guys quickly learnt that I'm a powerup, vehicle and bold colours junkie.
      A good example is the bright blue ice in Artica.
      The guys suggested that I tone it down a few times but that's how I wanted it, so it stayed, where as other things were changed and ended up looking better than I could have ever thought!
      Working with my fellow UOF mappers is great as we can agree to disagree on many issues but ultimately we all respect the authors direction on the map even if it doesn't appeal to the majority of others!

I believe as long as yaz have fun with the maps in our pack then I consider them a success!

I look forward to being involved in another pack if we decide to go ahead with one.

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
        its about the UOF mappack not about
        Cr4zyB4st4rd rude post whatever so stop the drama
        yes plz !

Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
        Seb. Stop. Stop making ridiculously playable and fun maps. Its not fair on my wife and kids
        lol thx Bawsy

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
          I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

I notice Cr4zyB4st4rd work on community bonus pack. So maybe he jealous
          You released map pack. I tested and commented on the map pack. That's what happens, I gave you my opinion because that is what a forum is for. Sorry if you didn't like my honest opinion, but you can't have expected that everyone would be an instant fan, pleasing everyone just doesn't work :/

It's like some people didn't expect criticism..

Seems like some people just don't want to listen unless its sugar coated feedback

Comment

Looks awesome! I'm downloading this right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
              That very well said It important to remember we all like different maps and style. Because 1 person think they are good mapper and everyone should like their particular style, not always the case. Sometimes people have re-released maps (updated, made night/day version, or work to make map run better on low end computer).
              I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

I notice Cr4zyB4st4rd work on community bonus pack. So maybe he jealous

This is good map packs. All very nice works.
              i just want to mention that half of the UOF troup did some betatesting for the last cbp pack update , so there s absolutly no conflicts...
              ...if some cbp members comments our work it show that they have some interrest for our maps...i m proud and honnored by that!

personnaly i dont found Crazy s post so rude and he only took time to test n comment ....thx for that ;-)

we are amateur mappers and our main targets is to have fun and to help to keep UT alive as long as possible; all thoses posts are nice; thx guys ;-)

edit:
              i forgot to thx all thoses dinosaurs of mapping for giving me the occasion to do/try to do some conversions/remakes...hahaha^^

Comment

@ people who don't understand Cr4zy's Constructive Criticism.

I'd rather have constructive criticism on my work than generic "I LIK IT. ITS GOOD" comments. Mappers in a way are artists and for an artist to improve criticism is needed People just saying it's "good" all the time doesn't help one improve. Flaws need to be pointed out as well as good points being highlighted.

Comment

1st. Much respect to the community.

OK guys look, this obviously isn't CBP4 or 5 .....

This is the UOF "Unreal Old Friends" map pack.

Just because someone who worked on the CBP maps has given us some constructive feedback doesn't mean that our pack is about them correct?--

Knock it off - thx.

& let us move on.

Hey Crazy - Dude i love your style man you rock seriously... - - Now for all who still play this awesome technological achievement known as Unreal - Grab ya a download and have fun!

Comment

my name is rek, i have downloaded this mappack and am currently putting it through its paces.

no complaints yet!
                    thank you for your dedication and efforts regarding this "dead" game.
                    no matter what the online player counts say, it's work like this that keeps people playing online or off!

Comment

ok after playing the first few maps, I'm really impressed! The only flaw I found was that WAR-Artica had so much bloom that the bloom effects looked very low-rez like. maybe it's better to play that map without bloom.

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...f_map_pack.rar

Comment

Cool, THX for the mirror

Comment

10 years down - still going strong!

Originally posted by rek View Post
                            my name is rek, i have downloaded this mappack and am currently putting it through its paces.

no complaints yet!
                            thank you for your dedication and efforts regarding this "dead" game.
                            no matter what the online player counts say, it's work like this that keeps people playing online or off!
                            Thank you for taking time to post rek..

+1

We have good fun playing offline - (friends / family, etc) we have a 8 PC lan in our home with a dedicated UT3 server. We have regular LAN get togethers (not as much recently as in the past)

This Tech that Epic has given us is still the best to ever happen PC wise to and sets the mark in FPS for IMO. That's why some won't give up on it. - Not to mention that running the editor can be a great hobby.

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...F_Map_Pack.exe

Comment

THX again for hosting the Windows installer

Comment

Working...
                                X