Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal Old Friends Map Pack

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirror

http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3550

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
      P.S. Crazy bastard not sure what your diliberate out of order slight review is all about obviously you have a chip you your shoulder. - deal with it and get on with your bad self and don't knock skilled talent like this unless you really are just a crazy bastard on the reals.
      From where I am standing, it sounds like you have the chip on your shoulder. Crazy gave the most thorough review so far. If people are going to submit their work to be played by the public, then people are going to judge it. Very few maps ever come close to being perfect, so there is always room for improvements. By commenting critically on a map, you highlight those areas and these can either be changed on that map, or be taken into account in future builds.

Now I can't comment myself as I have not downloaded and played. But I am sure if I was going to take the time to actually critically review the map (which it is clear that crazy has done), then I would probably have a few things to say. That does not mean I have an issue with any of the mappers. Also one has to come to expect that you cannot please everyone. People want different things, all the time, alot of which contradict each other.

Anyway, nice work guys. Good to see you finally got it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
        P.S. Crazy bastard not sure what your diliberate out of order slight review is all about obviously you have a chip you your shoulder. - deal with it and get on with your bad self and don't knock skilled talent like this unless you really are just a crazy bastard on the reals.
        I was giving my honest opinion and trying to give the mappers something to imp[rove on, it may have come across harsh, but when i get feedback i prefer people to tell me the truth and not try to be kind.

If you like it all well and good, but i play this game with high skilled players and dont often play pub games, my views on a map will differ to most peoples, not sure what your problem is with it. Everyone can improve and i was trying to show them where, at the end of it they're their maps and if they dont want to implement my thoughts they do not have to

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
        About my map Aero :
        I have think to that too, but too late to do it, but if we release a fix version of the pack, I will make that possible!

This feature was controversial in our beta test, some like it, some found it annoying like you, a question of tast, but again I will think to that if we release a fix
        Glad you didn't hate me for the feedback. At first sight they looked possible once you play more and know they aren't possible you get used to it, it doesnt hurt the flow, it would have just been nice, if you fix i that would be nice, but it's your map do what you want

Yeah i accept you can't please everyone, being a mapper i know how hard it is to get everything right. Was still one of, if not the nicest gameplay wise in the pack imo

edit: oops didnt see page 2 :P

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
        I kinda rushed this map, I should have planned it better cause in the end there was pretty much nothing more I could do for the fps than rebuilding most of the map and at that time that wasn't an option.

I should have added better collisions for those beams @ the sniper area, must have slipped my mind
        Hey if theres nothing you forgot in a map you'd be on a good payroll :P There are always small issues

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
        @Crazy Bastard - surely you have heard of Sneh?
        Besides that selling point, - obviously you and me come from 2 entirely different worlds - (while i do admire your maps and your work) - this is everything you should have released if you like the action - and you didn't - bud i do and i did, so that's it bro. - Look man this isn't about flexing my muscles or tooting my horn - its just about the action brought forward UT3 style man - what more can i say?
        Not sure what your gig is but if your ever up for some pure flat out action play my map and crank the music -- We have incredible fun on it! - IF ya play on lan this map is great 5 vs 5 AI, and if ya took time to read the readme file then you should know that this AI doesn't miss a beat bro.
        Im not saying it's a bad remake, and as i stated i dont play with music on I was meerly stating that there are already several version of the map, nothing wrong with improving your skills, however i do prefer original maps :x

Originally posted by Syphix View Post
        From where I am standing, it sounds like you have the chip on your shoulder. Crazy gave the most thorough review so far. If people are going to submit their work to be played by the public, then people are going to judge it. Very few maps ever come close to being perfect, so there is always room for improvements. By commenting critically on a map, you highlight those areas and these can either be changed on that map, or be taken into account in future builds.
        Now I can't comment myself as I have not downloaded and played. But I am sure if I was going to take the time to actually critically review the map (which it is clear that crazy has done), then I would probably have a few things to say. That does not mean I have an issue with any of the mappers. Also one has to come to expect that you cannot please everyone. People want different things, all the time, alot of which contradict each other.
        Exactly this, i don't mean to offend anyone, although it may have come across harsh, usually being harsh is the best way to let people know. If you go all soft on them they might not take notice or change it at all. As i said, i prefer people to be honest and get to the point about issues they have in my maps. I try to please them by fixing or adding things they suggest. if i can't or feel that to me it wouldn't hep i won't do it. Im not trying to force anyone to do anything, just to give them some help at improving.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments / feedback guys much appretiated.

@Crazy. The lighting was something that the guys mentioned but i wanted to keep with realism.
          Like the other guys said if theres to be an updated version. Its the main area i intend to work on.
          Thanks for the review my man.

Comment

Originally posted by diesalot View Post
            Thanks for all the comments / feedback guys much appretiated.

@Crazy. The lighting was something that the guys mentioned but i wanted to keep with realism.
            Like the other guys said if theres to be an updated version. Its the main area i intend to work on.
            Thanks for the review my man.
            Realisim is cool, and it does look more realistic, but this is UT ^^ . I mean the gameplay is solid, but i do like to do awesome lighting.

Comment

Cr4zyB4st4rd ? why keep pick maps????
              COMPREENDEMOS A BP está em grande quantidade de dificuldade mas deveria investir na Petrobras ...

Comment

wow excellent work guys Just got home so I'll download asap

Comment

Originally posted by Schotti|UTzone View Post
                  THX for the mirror

Comment

@Flak

THX for making the thread sticky

@Everyone

THX so far for your nice words, it's appreciated

@Cr4zyB4st4rd

THX for the detailed feedback on all maps. While I don't have a map myself in this pack, I would had like to know what you think of it

Only thing I must add about this :

...I don't mean to offend anyone, although it may have come across harsh, usually being harsh is the best way to let people know. If you go all soft on them they might not take notice or change it at all...
                    Note that this "way" of explaining ideas is closer to imposing your ideas. It's like a manager behave on the staff in a production line. While it may work with some people, it's not a general rule. Simply put, by behaving harshly or softly in all case isn't good. You will obtain a better result by "proposing" your ideas instead of "imposing" them.

Those guy's are all players & mappers since some time. They're also nice folks with open minded. They know what they're doing but the end result will look & feel differently simply because they're not you & if it's like this or like that, it's for a reason

I do appreciate the time you took to give those guy's detailed feedback on there maps.

My only advice is if you want to make your ideas well receive to others, you must respect there work in the first place no matter if it live up to your expectation or not. That is why others (not the mappers involve but everyone reading your comments) may understand you the wrong way.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah sorry I can come off as a bit of an ass at times. :x

Comment

Thanks to everyone who downloaded the map and checked it out. Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Mappers can become better if we know what we did well and not so well.

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                        Hidrotrik - Nice map, flows well and has some nice z-axis. There were a few places where it could have looked much nice if walls had been trimmed. A few SMs on corners of buildings didn't line up looked messy compared to the rest of the map. And one other thing. No shield belt?
                        Thanks for your specific feed back as well. I appreciate the comment on the game play as this is really my second "original" layout.

I didn't want to mesh every wall given the theme of the map, but I think the way I designed it made it hard for me to mesh it without being repetitive. As for the meshing, this is my weakest (imho) and least favorite part of the process, but I think it's better than my previous map. If only a little bit!

I am not a huge fan of the shield belt and given the size and layout of the map, I don't think it would work while still having the Udamage (which I like having more than the belt).

Comment

great work man...........

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                            Note that this "way" of explaining ideas is closer to imposing your ideas. It's like a manager behave on the staff in a production line. While it may work with some people, it's not a general rule. Simply put, by behaving harshly or softly in all case isn't good. You will obtain a better result by "proposing" your ideas instead of "imposing" them.

Those guy's are all players & mappers since some time. They're also nice folks with open minded. They know what they're doing but the end result will look & feel differently simply because they're not you & if it's like this or like that, it's for a reason

I do appreciate the time you took to give those guy's detailed feedback on there maps.

My only advice is if you want to make your ideas well receive to others, you must respect there work in the first place no matter if it live up to your expectation or not. That is why others (not the mappers involve but everyone reading your comments) may understand you the wrong way.

Cheers
                            That very well said It important to remember we all like different maps and style. Because 1 person think they are good mapper and everyone should like their particular style, not always the case. Sometimes people have re-released maps (updated, made night/day version, or work to make map run better on low end computer).
                            I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

I notice Cr4zyB4st4rd work on community bonus pack. So maybe he jealous

This is good map packs. All very nice works.

Comment

its about the UOF mappack not about
                              Cr4zyB4st4rd rude post whatever so stop the drama

Comment

Nice map pack guys, great work.

All DM maps play very well layout wise, and thats the most important thing. They also look great. Unfortunately, my aging PC is really beginning to struggle - a few maps (Hibernate & Peak) dipping into 20s for me.

Seb. Stop. Stop making ridiculously playable and fun maps. Its not fair on my wife and kids

Comment

Working...
                                X