Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Lea-Pro v1.1 (Updated 2014-02-11) (Improved Lighting & Gameplay!) (Pro Complete!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, got that version right now. I'll upgrade to the V1.1 soon. Thanks for the answer so quickly.

Comment

version 1.1

Just tried the new version and I think it does not make a difference either way at least for me, but before you just had to make sure you jumped better in that area. I do understand your point for Pro players though. Still, the bots could be a little better in here.

Comment

Bots are so hard to work with. I try to make the map so that it plays best with player versus player... but sometimes things like jump pads cause the bots to behave completely retardedly. I prefer to design the jump pads so that they launch you straight up. However, the bots get confused by this behavior. It's a non issue for players due to the air control.

Comment

Bots are actually pretty easy to control, the jump pads shouldn't be a problem if you make them land somewhere. Bots are bad at using air control, so I suggest to use the target property from the UTJumpPad section, and the Target must be a path node, no matter what path node. At least it will be working. Will be made pretty easy, but needs a few attempts to make it work right.

Good luck on improving the map!

Also: it is a good idea to have bot support, as I know people, including myself, that are offline really often and MP is not that possible as in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by icis4 View Post
            Bots are actually pretty easy to control, the jump pads shouldn't be a problem if you make them land somewhere. Bots are bad at using air control, so I suggest to use the target property from the UTJumpPad section, and the Target must be a path node, no matter what path node. At least it will be working. Will be made pretty easy, but needs a few attempts to make it work right.

Good luck on improving the map!

Also: it is a good idea to have bot support, as I know people, including myself, that are offline really often and MP is not that possible as in most cases.
            I know all of that. I have the jump pads targeting a navigation point. The navigation point is intentionally not on any surface so that players can go straight up into the air. The bots do not understand this and get confused. Nothing I can do unless somebody reinvents the jump pad to have a secondary target, one specifically for bots. (Looking at you, Epic). I'm not sure there are many volunteers. lol

Comment

Time to add smarter bots and make them use the air control... But I noticed a very strange thing in these guys. They are able to use jump boots to reach various locations like the Redeemer in Gateway. It feels kind of creepy since they started using it after I started using it although I played that map really a lot and before that, which creeps me that... They might be self-learning... Maybe after a few plays of the map, they might learn how to use it, but I am not really sure. However, if it doesn't work at least you will check the gameplay and maybe find some bugs. I gotta check the map and make some fixes and put in some ideas.

PS: I still don't know how I wrote this from my phone...

Sent from my PAP4322DUO using Tapatalk

Comment

The bots using jumpboots to reach special locations is used with the complex jumps pathnodes i think. Maybe setting the editor to make complex pathnodes (usually used for translocator) could solved the issue with the vertical jumppads even though i'm not very confident it will. Bots and jumppads are a pain no matter how simple the jumppad is ...

Comment

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
                  Bots are so hard to work with. I try to make the map so that it plays best with player versus player... but sometimes things like jump pads cause the bots to behave completely retardedly. I prefer to design the jump pads so that they launch you straight up. However, the bots get confused by this behavior. It's a non issue for players due to the air control.
                  Have you tried working with LiftExits? For instance UTLiftExit. These might force advanced bots to go to any direction of a connected pathnode (with a purple line).
                  Or using Volume path node (which are basically used for flying vehicles and stuff).

Comment

I will experiment the next time I load this map in the editor. :-) I do wanna figure out bot support for jump pads.

Comment

Hey RattleSN4K3, maybe you could invent a jumppad that has 2 targets... 1 for players and 1 for bots! That would be amazing! That would perfectly solve the bot support issues for jump pads, and give players the ultimate control over jump pads.

Comment

I don't deal with AI for all cases as most of the script is done natively (=no access for modders). Sry

Comment

Working...
                        X