• Show
Clear All

• replied
    lol.... i just deleted some....very small box in fact
    thx a lot mate, first post updated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your mailbox is full. Delete some stuff in there. Anyways per your request:
    I made into one big file with the 2 maps together. Mappics work. Everything seems/works fine.
    PS3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nf7hrnzaba017bo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to let everyone know, I'm a little behind on the maps but I will catch up fairly soon. I will eventually get to all the ones I decide to try, which is most but not all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    **** i ll have to check my old threads more often; srry for delay...

@skarjmaster:thx for ur nice review mate

@skillz:megathx for the link ; i ll add it to the first post

@sly:thx for the sweet words bro; i m quite done with bridge of fate and i ll have a "decent" beta ready in the next couple of days;( peak and flux are also done and barricade is still in wip....) glad that "old" ut addicts like it

@stalker:thx m8;i hope u ll find enough opponents to play it online

@to all: thx from rulaman (co-author),he is off forums for the moment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice old map.... ahh memory TY m8 - put in my server right now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome map remake Bl!tz~! I'm a great fan of UT and I wish they would have made such cool remakes like yours instead of those you have in UT3. Face for example is not Face anymore IMO. Too many changes over the years..
    Waiting for other cool remakes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...e=DM-Phobos.7z

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great remake!

So, this has been made for UT, UT2003, UT2004 and now UT3 (with a bonus version). As usual, I'll start describing each and then the two new UT3 versions.

DM-Phobos (for UT) by Inoxx >> (aka Phobos Moon) As I said before, I used to hate this level because when I first tried it in the single-player ladder, the stupid metallic bots owned me. This first and original version has some serious rotation outside with the stars, moon, Mars (red in this one), asteroids, sun, galaxy and nebula and all of this looks good. Well chosen locations outside for the sniper rifles, shield belt, Udamage, redeemer and jump boots as well as other weapons/items inside. This one has good textures, trim and lighting. I like the gameplay in this even though the adept bots still kick my a$$. Did I mention the intense z-axis?

DM-Phobos2 (for UT2003) by Inoxx >> crazy rings around Mars now and still red, satellites, updated graphics and updated custom music, things still rotate but it's a little more subtle, the extended platforms are redesigned but not necessarily good, extra room and now low gravity by default, new textures/meshes, bots are good, interesting pickup placements.

DM-Phobos2 (for UT2004) by Inoxx >> upgraded version from UT2003 but almost the same. From what I can tell, Inoxx redid both of these for the new games.

DM-Phobos (for UT3) by Bl!tz~ >> Yes, this one is definitely upgraded from the original UT layout, which I like better than the UT2003/UT2004 layouts. I like the banners, holograms, electric sparks, control room, haze, lit pickup areas, plasma floor and texture/mesh combination and this tends to give the map a personal touch with the good lighting and good scaling. I keep forgetting that Phobos and Deimos are moons of Mars and I thought Mars in this one was just a moon; the non-red color can be deceiving but it looks good and more realistic (also no asteroids in this one). The gameplay is also similar to the original UT version and I like the enforcer in place of the ripper to get double enforcers; although, the rocket launcher almost makes even the double enforcer almost useless (I said almost). I noticed the bots are slightly easier, but this could just be my UT3 setting. I also liked all the subtle and small changes from the original.

DM-Phobos-LG (for UT3) by Bl!tz~ >> the low gravity is cool and similar to UT2003/UT2004 version or the UT with it activated. It gives the map a whole different feel (mostly outside) and is fun!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    thx mate....it is a challenge for tired old eyes....haha^^

btw i played a couple of games on your spacenoxx online....ENORMOUS!!!
    Yeah I forgot to mention tired OLD eyes . That's awesome you had fun on Noxx!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx mate....it is a challenge for tired old eyes....haha^^

btw i played a couple of games on your spacenoxx online....ENORMOUS!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for making this! Good job on it. It's a little dark for my tired eyes and much darker than the original but other than that its perfect! Can't wait for your Peak!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    +5 stars
    Another Great remake from Brother Blitz

Please Keep up the good work and Thank You. I enjoyed your custom poster/artwork. Very fun map

As far as the ripper I enjoyed it in it in UT99, but the the ripper seems to be broken in this version.
    thx bro ; glad that u like it

4tx4: thx mate i hope u ll like it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks like a very nice remake, will try it tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Keep It Up!

+5 stars
    Another Great remake from Brother Blitz.

Please Keep up the good work and Thank You. I enjoyed your custom poster/artwork. Very fun map

As far as the ripper I enjoyed it in it in UT99, but the the ripper seems to be broken in this version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @steve:thx for support bro

@1X: in fact we have use the real phobos texture from real pictures and applyed em on the stock broken planet (diformed to fit to phobos geometrie) not perfect but honnestly it looks more like phobos than deimos...imo
    here are some infos:
    http://www.planete-astronomie.com/Ma...ellites-00.php

@mamiya: glad that purists like u appreciate it & thx for taking time to comment

btw no probs for posting ur comments in final mate ;as u posted in beta too...so...thx for support
    -yeah the bots looping on the outside part jump to eyes in 1v1 vs bots...srry
    -rofl for the link ammo; rula pointed it to me ; i havent noticed it even while replacing ammos on the map one after the other...old head
    -was a visual mistake about windows on original:2 windows inside and only one visible outside; we have add a second outside as it dont change the gameplay
    -the sloped area leading to the redeemer wasnt walkable as it seem that in ut99 u can walk sloped planes with more inclination(°)...we decided to substract a little "walkable corridor" to keep the access to the reedemer not too complex
    -for mars coloration, u re totally right here too but we tryed to go on the more "reallistic side"

i m a fan of the ripper but sometimes it s invisible....no idea why...else we had probably include it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X