DM-Phobos [Final][PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Awesome, thanks for making this. Heavy BSP, but it works and looks fine thanks to textures and lighting. I think it's funny how you have pulse rifle ammo and no pulse rifle in the level, just like the original. I wish there was another weapon you could have in place of the enforcers so I could use the weapon switcher mutator to put a ripper there without giving everyone a ripper to start with. Pulse rifle? But then you'd have to remove the random pulse rifle ammo around the level or it would turn into extra ripper ammo and part of the oddness of the map would be lost

The one real bug I noticed was bots having trouble getting up from the spawn point on extension platform two. They'd run out towards the base of the ramp up, and half the time they'd turn around before getting there and running back without taking the ramp.

It differs in small ways from the original (which is not to say bad, but different): Extension platform 3 has only one ramp up in the original. The sloped area leading to the redeemer was walkable (perhaps nothing you can do about this) and the lift button on the tower is 90 degrees off from where it used to be. I can't hide right next to the spire without setting it off Also the doorway from the ripper hall into the main room has a tilted bit that makes it very difficult to bounce rippers into the main room at head height (though if you didn't play with ripper and weapon replacement mutator you'd never notice this). Pics below:

I also miss Mars being red (even if it isn't really as red IRL as it was in ut99), and looming over the map like it did.

Small small complaints though. And I could have mentioned them in beta if I really had a problem with them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Many thx to you mates..
    We are very happy that you like our work.
    Just a note: Shame on me, I have never seen the original map, so my touch at this was only inspiration...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    a bit late.....thx for ur words bro; much appreciated
    and thx for testing and taking time to encourage us

psssst! it s not deimos!...lol....phobos
    No worries, good job guys! (both of ya)

I thought i saw Deimos floating around as well close by? isn't that the smaller of the 2 moons? For some reason i assumed that the base was located on Phobos hence the name .. - what do i know about Mars any way .. (not much) heh. Its all good. Thx Rulaman! Thx Blitz!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well deserved 5 little stars for my French couzin Bl!tz & my dude Rulaman

Well done m8's & THX for the credits

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
    Whoa!

Great job on this one! - I can easily give ya 5+ on this bad boy, lots of very neat details - but of course not over-kill!

It would have been easy for ya to spoil the map with too much tech everywhere like monitors and such, but you did this one right IMO, it has an element of originality and a great UT3 feel to it.
    • Lighting is great
    • lift speeds are good
    • texture work & trim all feel right
    • Deimos is perfect (nice touch)
    • Mars looks like Mars.
    • I also like the grated recesses on the walls in the bases.
    • Nice scaling ++! - good job.

We owned the bots on it when we did 3 humans vs. 3 bots on inhuman instagib. (if ya set them any higher your dead before you even see them)

Glad to see this Phobos brought forward and done right with this level of quality. - You rock GUYS! - good work..
    a bit late.....thx for ur words bro; much appreciated
    and thx for testing and taking time to encourage us

psssst! it s not deimos!...lol....phobos

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx rek

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i played the hell out of this map way back before i knew how to dodge. when i played ut on my gfriends imac, i'd play with quad jump. thank you kind sir.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx zunnie; first post updated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added it to our database now, sorry for late response, been busy:

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1616

Have fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx bro

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some great times of old brought into the new era with this superb remake M8!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx mates; really happy that u like it and again big thx to rulaman(co-author) without who the map had never be what it is

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great remake. Sometimes I miss the older version of the game. The graphics may not have been as pretty, but, I think it was more fun then. Epic lost their way with UT3. Mappers like you are taking us back. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whoa!

Great job on this one! - I can easily give ya 5+ on this bad boy, lots of very neat details - but of course not over-kill!

It would have been easy for ya to spoil the map with too much tech everywhere like monitors and such, but you did this one right IMO, it has an element of originality and a great UT3 feel to it.
    • Lighting is great
    • lift speeds are good
    • texture work & trim all feel right
    • Deimos is perfect (nice touch)
    • Mars looks like Mars.
    • I also like the grated recesses on the walls in the bases.
    • Nice scaling ++! - good job.

We owned the bots on it when we did 3 humans vs. 3 bots on inhuman instagib. (if ya set them any higher your dead before you even see them)

Glad to see this Phobos brought forward and done right with this level of quality. - You rock GUYS! - good work..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hiya Bl!tz!

Hey haven't been active in a while, (the responsibilities of life & such)

I'll have to check the final out, looks like it polished up nicely, - it has a dynamic look to it judging from the screens, it appears you did this one justice old friend, i knew you would. I'll post again after we run around this a bit over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X