Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by M^vL View Post
    Okay I tried this and it does work to a degree showing gibs. The bad part is that the jump pads and the ability to elevator jump are all screwed up so I will have to redial those rates in. The jump pads launch you miles in the air so I have to change those.

More on the gibs: Yes gibs are showing up but they are not consistent and sometimes produce very unusual shapes. They also don't show up immediately i.e. there is a lag which I guess is relative to gravity settings and sometimes they don't show at all which is weird.

I'll keep playing with this some more but if I can't get the overall quality of it back to what I had, I'll bag it.
    Well it was worth a shot bro, and I appreciate you putting the time in to try. If all else fails, we will have to settle without blood decals

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    M^vL, have you tried removing the grav vols and just modifying the global gravity setting instead?
    Okay I tried this and it does work to a degree showing gibs. The bad part is that the jump pads and the ability to elevator jump are all screwed up so I will have to redial those rates in. The jump pads launch you miles in the air so I have to change those.

More on the gibs: Yes gibs are showing up but they are not consistent and sometimes produce very unusual shapes. They also don't show up immediately i.e. there is a lag which I guess is relative to gravity settings and sometimes they don't show at all which is weird.

I'll keep playing with this some more but if I can't get the overall quality of it back to what I had, I'll bag it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
    Just played it! Great job MAUL!
    Hey cool, glad you got a chance to try it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just played it! Great job MAUL!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    M^vL, have you tried removing the grav vols and just modifying the global gravity setting instead?
    It's been so long, I don't remember if I tried a global value. I'm guessing that is under World Properties? The problem has been that I had one large gravity volume over the whole thing but it messed up the footstep sounds so my hack fix was to put individual volumes over different materials and override physical materials. That got the footstep sounds correct but for some reason gibs don't show up. I will try global and see if it makes any difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to report back, it is not looking as promising as I'd hoped. It seems that the low grav volumes interfere with the gibs the way I've done it currently. Even if I override the physical materials in the gravity volume it still doesn't work. Haven't given up yet though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to report back, it is not looking as promising as I'd hoped. It seems that the low grav volumes interfere with the gibs the way I've done it currently. Even if I override the physical materials in the gravity volume it still doesn't work. Haven't given up yet though.
    hmm... I wish I could offer some help or something but I don't know much about UDK/UnrealEd. Just out of curiosity... what does the low grav volumes do to the gibs exactly?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Starship Ghost View Post
    awesome man, I appreciate it for sure! take your time, there's no rush. not sure how you would version it though other than 1.01 or 2.00. or maybe 1.00 Final... no idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds good man, do you know any good servers that play custom maps like this? Most of the one's I see play the vanilla maps which I really don't like the desaturated gears of war black and white look.

EDIT: Oh, I just checked out Martys Carnage Company , love how you got the soundtracks playing ... I'll try that serv on there if it still working.
    No plans to take the server down any time soon. Lots of custom maps and my own redirect. It's located in Dallas so it is nicely centrally located ping-wise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    I'd like to know some custom map servers as well....been a while since I played this game online. I've been trapped in the WOTs universe for the past several months; although, I escaped briefly a couple times but they captured me again....now I have a free pass between that and the Unreal Universe.
    maybe these? http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut3/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to know some custom map servers as well....been a while since I played this game online. I've been trapped in the WOTs universe for the past several months; although, I escaped briefly a couple times but they captured me again....now I have a free pass between that and the Unreal Universe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm going to just put the new version number in the zip file name but leave the map text the same. My main selfish reason for this is I don't want another Noxx listed in the stats on my server. If you overwrite the old one and join a server that is still using the old one, even though they are named the same, you can still play it because you will download the older version into your cache. You will just need to contact the admin of your favorite server to get it updated.

In the reverse case, when someone joins a server with the new one but they have the old one, hopefully the fact that had to download will be a clue that there is a newer version available even though the file name is the same inside the zip.
    Sounds good man, do you know any good servers that play custom maps like this? Most of the one's I see play the vanilla maps which I really don't like the desaturated gears of war black and white look.

EDIT: Oh, I just checked out Martys Carnage Company , love how you got the soundtracks playing ... I'll try that serv on there if it still working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awesome man, I appreciate it for sure! take your time, there's no rush. not sure how you would version it though other than 1.01 or 2.00. or maybe 1.00 Final... no idea.
    I'm going to just put the new version number in the zip file name but leave the map text the same. My main selfish reason for this is I don't want another Noxx listed in the stats on my server. If you overwrite the old one and join a server that is still using the old one, even though they are named the same, you can still play it because you will download the older version into your cache. You will just need to contact the admin of your favorite server to get it updated.

In the reverse case, when someone joins a server with the new one but they have the old one, hopefully the fact that had to download will be a clue that there is a newer version available even though the file name is the same inside the zip.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, hell, I'll do it then. It is a really easy fix but I can't give you a timetable at the moment. I will try to do it sometime this week. I haven't decided how to version it yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Almost a year later ....... I can't say I agree, especially if it's something that can be done easily? This is a "keeper map" and No blood splatters and stuff really messes up the look and quality while playing for anyone who likes gore in their FPS games or pays attention to detail.

If it was my map, I certainly would fix. I could see you not caring if Unreal Tournament 4 was coming out but I don't see that happening. Not many great maps are missing the blood splatters on all surfaces like this if I recall. How long would it take to fix it? I guess that is the question.
    Well, hell, I'll do it then. It is a really easy fix but I can't give you a timetable at the moment. I will try to do it sometime this week. I haven't decided how to version it yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X