• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diesalot View Post
    Very nice remake old mate.
    I had good fun with bots on here.
    Good job.
    Sweet, glad you like it!

Comment

I tried a PS3 cook if anyone wants to try it and report back. I get a couple of errors on cook but I don't own a PS3 to test so feedback would be nice.

Comment

Ps3 is fine, works properly. Bots even when on higher skill levels continually suicide themselves going for the udam in middle. 5 bots did it in a row. Download the PS3 soundtool so eliminate any errors cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
          Ps3 is fine, works properly. Bots even when on higher skill levels continually suicide themselves going for the udam in middle. 5 bots did it in a row. Download the PS3 soundtool so eliminate any errors cooking.
          Hey thanks for testing. Can you hear the redeemer sounds when it gets launched? That's the only error I get with sounds and those aren't custom of course. I'm assuming the map description and screenshot show up also?

That's weird with the bots. I have never seen that on the PC. There was a warning of "udam size=0" (which is true because that's part of making a floating pickup) or something like that in the launch log so wonder if that has something to do with it. I'll have to break down and buy a PS3 at some point I guess to better debug this stuff.

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...Noxx_Final.zip

Comment

Nice UT3 remake!

Same scaling, weapon/item placements and variation as the original UT99 version, but cool different skybox with lots of asteroids/roche limit and the bots are very decent (my teammate will take care of them). Good map and I didn't mentioned that there is a Redeemer in this version. Lucky me.

Comment

Great map.... but blood stains do not work on the textures for floor and walls. I don't know what the issue is but a lot of people forget to do this in their maps, so not only is there no blood splats but the Link Gun Alt Fire should burn floors and walls with black burn marks but it does not. Should be a simple fix.

Comment

thx for the remake! ...used to love playing the original ut99 and the 2k4 version

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Ghost View Post
                    Great map.... but blood stains do not work on the textures for floor and walls. I don't know what the issue is but a lot of people forget to do this in their maps, so not only is there no blood splats but the Link Gun Alt Fire should burn floors and walls with black burn marks but it does not. Should be a simple fix.
                    Holy **** you are right. Funny this map was play tested like crazy and I/we missed that. It seems to be a problem with all of the custom materials I've done in the past as it turns out. I just tested this level and other levels. Anybody have any idea what I'm missing? I can't believe I never noticed that before!

Comment

Well,

If you turn off collision & disable "accept decals & the others" which I don't remember exactly on meshes & put a BV instead that block weapon / all, decals won't show up since the BV is invisible.

Generally speaking, I do not see this as a prob but rather a solution when your map is heavy (lot's of meshes) & you want to optimize your level. I did notice that at the time on this map but I thought it was intended lol

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                        Holy **** you are right. Funny this map was play tested like crazy and I/we missed that. It seems to be a problem with all of the custom materials I've done in the past as it turns out. I just tested this level and other levels. Anybody have any idea what I'm missing? I can't believe I never noticed that before!
                        haha, just tryin to help make the map even better.. but it's still the best version of this map I've seen for remakes and looks the best. I actually see this issue with a lot of maps. I think it is a hard thing to notice but I only notice in maps now because I was doing a lot of testing with the Gibalicious Mutator to get the configuration perfect for gibs and blood splats. So I noticed on certain custom maps there were no blood splats. Anyway it is a common thing to miss, as I don't believe people pay attention to where blood splats are going in the middle of a match

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                          Well,

If you turn off collision & disable "accept decals & the others" which I don't remember exactly on meshes & put a BV instead that block weapon / all, decals won't show up since the BV is invisible.

Generally speaking, I do not see this as a prob but rather a solution when your map is heavy (lot's of meshes) & you want to optimize your level. I did notice that at the time on this map but I thought it was intended lol
                          Actually it just seems to be custom materials I've made. I tested it on another map I have where I have a custom floor material next to a stock one and the custom one doesn't show blood. I will just have to compare settings between mine and stock and see where the difference is.

Comment

I never reported back here just to put it in the record in case anyone else needs it. I figured it out right after that last post actually. I had to do some weird stuff on this map to get materials to have the right sounds. It turns out, in a low grav level, you can have issues with assigned Physical Material properties actually working so I had to place volumes over several sections to delineate the concrete and metal sounds. Unfortunately I didn't assign proper Physical Materials to materials themselves (this map is 95% custom materials), hence the problem. Probably doesn't make sense to revise this map at this point so I probably won't mess with it.

Comment

cool remake!

I don’t even like the UT version of this map that much mostly because as it’s not my cup o’ tea similar to Odedge, but I don’t even have the UT2004 version to compare so I’ll just post comments as best I can. Basically, this is a well-done low gravity remake with good bots (esp. Harlan that SOB) and I like the fact that it is made from scratch as much as possible. It has a sweet skybox (asteroids, belt, nebulae, stars, Earth, etc.) and good weapon/item placement; although, why would I go out on a limb for the biorifle, maybe pulse rifle there instead and maybe switch rocket launcher and sniper rifle placement….just maybe. I love the blue lighting effect and blue singularity in center as well as the mix of blue, green and red lights with orange/yellow sun. Yes, I as well liked the switch down below and behind the elevator. Yep, blood stains and burn scorches would be cool and I’m not sure about the material sounds, but not worth a new version just for that. I know I have another version of this somewhere….maybe DM-Super-Noxx from Brooksdale Nitwits….um, ah, there is one in UT2004 and it might be one that comes with the game but not sure. Anyway, cool map regardless.

Comment

Hey SkaarjMaster, good to see you still hangin' around. Thanks for checking out the map.

Comment

Working...
                                X