Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Simplicissimus (SPECIAL EDITION/PICS/DOWNLOAD) 100 % more fps!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Simplicissimus (SPECIAL EDITION/PICS/DOWNLOAD) 100 % more fps!

CTF-Simplicissimus (SE)
    Version: RC1
    Compatibility: UT3 2.1 + Titan Pack recommended
    Description: My goal of this map was to create a simple-to-understand, yet very fun map, with nice visuals ... I think that I've pretty much achieved this
    The setting is an old draining facility of the necris. There is a base at either end, and some walkways, walls and other stuff in between
    Another feature is realtime cameras, that are in the bases and show you what's happening in the opposite base. A clever player will use these to make his decisions...knowledge is power

I have made a separate Special Edition with major performance improvements (100% more fps than before, 50% more fps than in other stock maps) Download the SE here: DOWNLOAD

Comments: Changes from beta:
    -added some cover in the bottom area of the bases
    -added more details
    -added realtime cameras in the bases overviewing the opponent base
    -slight changes of the lighting and post processing
    Screenshots:

Download at Mediafire
    alternative download at mapraider.com

Download Special Edition (50% more fps)
    alternative download at ut3.ut-files.com

second alternative download at mapraider.com
    (You have to change the mappic-link in the .ini after download in the version from the last link: 'CTF-Simplicissimus_SE...' instead of 'CTF-Simplicissimus...'

hm, i guess this thread went under in a flood of other new maps
    maybe I can give it a second chance xD

Comment

Might need to redo and reup the rar file. I have downloaded it twice and it tells me that the file is corupt when I try to extract.

Comment

The archive is corrupted, you should test it after compressing it. Also test it again after uploading and downloading it. You might also want to play the map yourself after downloading and installing the release.

Comment

well...it told me that the archive was corrupt, too, but it still worked for me oO
          well i'm gonna upload it again...

Comment

OK, the link should work now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp4der View Post
              hm, i guess this thread went under in a flood of other new maps
              Nope, just that SOB SkaarjMaster bumping old threads.

Comment

Blah. The link is dead. Sites like Mediafire, et al. delete after periods of inactivity. Among other helpful features, Mapraider.com currently provides THREE mirrors for free that will never go sour (as long as I am around to ensure it anyway).

Can someone please point me to a working link or re-upload the file so I can grab it real quick and mirror it? Much appreciated.

Comment

Okay, the link has been updated.
                  I'm sorry it is Mediafire again, but it's the only one that I know where you don't have to register...
                  http://www.mediafire.com/?jzhxmz5zmmu

Comment

Thanks Sp4der. I've mirrored the map on Mapraider's three mirrors as well:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5072

Comment

thank you

Comment

As my brother is now able to play UT3, I've played this map with him and realized that the performance was too bad for real competetive playing. So I decided to make a special edition without the realtime-cameras. This way, you get 100% more fps than before, and 50% more than on stock maps (I get ~30 fps on this one, ~20 fps on e.g. DM-Sentinel).
                        You can download it here: DOWNLOAD

Comment

Mirrored for when the MediaFire link goes bad

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5088

Comment

hehe, thanks

Comment

PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:CTF-Simplicissimus.Materials.mappic_simplicissimus> doesnt work

Edit: thx its works with PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:CTF-Simplicissimus_SE.Materials.mappic_simplicissimus>

Comment

Working...
                              X