CTF-Maelstrom - REMAKE [DL] [Pics] [PC] [FINAL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    Sup Intim? Did you read through the whole thread? LOL it reads like a short novel. The guy that posted above you is the one that made the Ultra Insta-gib mod that we like to run
    I'm glad, that this weapon is still used

LOL HO0 how many bots you running anyway? 24 sounds like a MASSACRE
    HAHAHA! This was a massacre, especially with my overpowered weapons!
    Is that how you usually roll?
    No, not really
    Maybe we will change your name to 1XTremeHO0
    Or to HO08151X

Comment

24 players on that map, LOL

I test it with 10 players & it was already a frag fest, I don't want to imagine with 24 ha ha !

Comment

Nice one m8 going to try it out.

Comment

Hello again

Just wanted to say thanks again everyone for the kind words and all of the positive responses, in just a few days there have been over 50 downloads on this map, + lots of comments & votes, (not bad considering things have slowed down here from even 6 months ago) - certainly makes my hours worthwhile & hopefully all the work & efforts of the testers as well.

Originally posted by Ā»TheHitManĀ« View Post
          Kind words Xtreme for saying I've done quality maps, I always love doing them and hopefully Coret will be great.
          Indeed HitMan, you certainly have ..... in fact when we have our LAN get togethers we play CTF-Armadus as part of our regular map rotation. I'm sure Coret will be great! we're in good hands.

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
          Would love to cook this per your request for the PS3. I know how to fix the black box thing and the missing sound effects on the Flagstands for the PS3. Give me a hour and I'll get back here. I may need the uncooked PC file. I'll try without first.

Edit.....I do need the original PC uncooked file. Some of the materials loose their texture when you try to uncook it. Please PM me a link.
          OK that sounds good and thanks for trying with-out the uncooked file at least, i'll have to upload it in parts of about 20MB split in a multi-archive of .rar files, i continually fail on large uploads (they get 1/2 done and restart the process) smaller files are more successful, (might take me a couple days, but i can do it if you think it's worth it?) it should be around 100 MB zipped, uncooked and unzipped its about 150 MB. - Will this work OK for PS/3 with so many assets? 8500+?

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
          Yes! I've tested it up to 24 bots, and the FPS is ok for me
          Glad to hear that because TBH it holds great FPS for me everywhere but standing directly behind the upper waterfall, (someone else mentioned that too) it did on the other machines i tested it on as well.

Originally posted by Intimidator[MK] View Post
          Great map!
          Great Play!
          Great work!
          Glad to see yet another Super Fun map brought back.
          This map play is perfect and will brings hours of pleasure to the UT world.
          Look foward to fraggin with guys again!!
          I'd rate it a 10 if i could but 5 stars ="s 10
          TOP NOTCH WORK
          Many thanks Intim, highly appreciate those nice compliments .. - Hey we did a 2 vs 2 the other night and beat the bots on Inhuman Insta, dedicated server, - all tactics though, face to face can't handle em' with out you and me both in the server to lay down the suppressing cover fire. -- Reminds me of whooping clan bAd's or Kyro's butts all up and down that map like the old days .. Look forward to fragging with ya soon too man.

Originally posted by GunrGurl View Post
          hey I became a user just to comment on this beautiful map!
          Aw .. Thanks GunrGurl, I'm working on your favorite (sniping) map (CTF-FootBall) - (give it a minor face-lift - mostly visual improvements & fix a few small AI bugs) - Any way thanks for registering & thank you you for the nice honor GG. - You Rock!

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
          I'm glad, that this weapon is still used

HAHAHA! This was a massacre, especially with my overpowered weapons!

No, not really Or to HO08151X
          LOL, yeah your mutator is set up on 2 dedicated servers on our network, when we play, wouldn't be the same with out it.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
          24 players on that map, LOL

I test it with 10 players & it was already a frag fest, I don't want to imagine with 24 ha ha !
          LMAO, no doubt .. i think he was testing the AI though because he had informed me of an issue with them getting stuck in certain places. - I believe thx to him catching that issue i was able to successfully correct it though - hopefully.

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
          Nice one m8 going to try it out.
          Sounds good Zergs bro, let us know how it goes ? - & thx for stopping bye and posting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post

Aw .. Thanks GunrGurl, I'm working on your favorite (sniping) map (CTF-FootBall) - (give it a minor face-lift - mostly visual improvements & fix a few small AI bugs) - Any way thanks for registering & thank you you for the nice honor GG. - You Rock!

* HEY 1Xtreme The PLEASURE is mine thanks man *

Comment

@ HO0815XX I would like to know if you have time to help me import Niven from UT99. You seem to know converter very good, and I would like to remake this map.

And while I am off topic I see 1XTreme, you have a top secret project in the works. Will we be getting any hints on what this may be? Or are we going have to wait

Comment

Nice to see ya return to post TNT .. Thank you for noticing those little details that make the difference. Appreciate your vote of confidence dude. I heard from a little bird that your running / learning the editor now is it true? Keep up the good work and make that a 1st choice hobby of yours if you like it OK? - its a great brain-builder of a tool and it keeps some younger guys out of trouble and gives them something positive to do with their spare time. (Especially if they have too much freetime on their hands) haha.
                Yeah i am learning the editor and having a lot of fun with it, it's a lot of work definitely a lot harder than people may think and really makes you appreciate other's work.It is a great and fun activity though.

Comment

And while I am off topic I see 1XTreme, you have a top secret project in the works. Will we be getting any hints on what this may be? Or are we going have to wait
                  Good question!

Short answer ..

I'm currently working with a modest group of 'Top-Notch' fellow mappers to bring the community a much deserved & 'personally' highly anticipated map pack.

Some of the talent behind the scenes contributing to this pack include: Lord_PorkSword, Bl!tz, Thrallala, Stevelois, Diesalot, Sebastien_Nova, (me 1x.) and Odedge, & some others.

While i'm limited on what i can say .. for the sake of surprise, i can tell you-

I have my most accomplished work todate (which no one has seen yet) in the works & will be released as part of an upcoming map pack from UOF. - - We should be making an official announcement with specifics regarding that real soon. - For now i can only speak specifically regarding my map, - which will be a remake (using custom content & stock tech assets) of CTF-RainBase from UT99. (another UT99 fan favorite) - I anticipate we can have one of the guys make a thorough announcement soon & we can post a few preview shots for you all - the pack will contain a number of HQ; DM, CTF, WAR, & VCTF maps

Here are some shots from CTF-RainBase

[SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-RainBase/CTF-RainBase-01/CTF-RainBase-02/CTF-RainBase-03/01_Bases.jpg?t=1269169142[/SHOT] - [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-RainBase/CTF-RainBase-01/CTF-RainBase-02/CTF-RainBase-03/03_Bases.jpg?t=1269169143[/SHOT]
                  [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-RainBase/CTF-RainBase-01/CTF-RainBase-02/CTF-RainBase-03/04_Bases.jpg?t=1269169150[/SHOT] - [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-RainBase/CTF-RainBase-01/CTF-RainBase-02/CTF-RainBase-03/08_Bases.jpg?t=1269169153[/SHOT]
                  [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-RainBase/CTF-RainBase-01/CTF-RainBase-02/CTF-RainBase-03/09_Outerbase.jpg?t=1269169161[/SHOT] - [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-RainBase/CTF-RainBase-01/CTF-RainBase-02/CTF-RainBase-03/02_Bases.jpg?t=1269169143[/SHOT]

I'd like to mention also that i'm actually quite honored to be working with these highly talented guys from the UOF crew, collectively we hope to bring you something on par with the quality you might expect from some of the top notch work we've seen from the CBP crew & other talented individual mapper in our community.

Comment

:drool: Ahh yeah...that may be a map I believe may wow a whole lot of people...when can we expect a beta at least?

Comment

Originally posted by WedgeBob View Post
                      :drool: Ahh yeah...that may be a map I believe may wow a whole lot of people...when can we expect a beta at least?
                      +1 I'm already wowwed. With the talent listed I think this will be a very anticipated mappack . I for one am very excited about Rainbase. Talk about bringing back good memories. I'm looking forward to getting on some good rampages doin D

Yeah some of these others guys are very talented mappers. Surprised we haven't seen Seb. Nova around more, that dude = quality.

GO GO GO Guys we are looking forward to some new material

Comment

Good question!

Short answer ..

I'm currently working with a modest group of 'Top-Notch' fellow mappers to bring the community a much deserved & 'personally' highly anticipated map pack.

Some of the talent behind the scenes contributing to this pack include: Lord_PorkSword, Bl!tz, Thrallala, Steveloise, Diesalot, Sebastien_Nova, (me 1x.) and Odedge, & some others.

While i'm limited on what i can say .. for the sake of surprise, i can tell you-

I have my most accomplished work todate (which no one has seen yet) in the works & will be released as part of an upcoming map pack from UOF. - - We should be making an official announcement with specifics regarding that real soon. - For now i can only speak specifically regarding my map, - which will be a remake (using custom content & stock tech assets) of CTF-RainBase from UT99. (another UT99 fan favorite) - I anticipate we can have one of the guys make a thorough announcement soon & we can post a few preview shots for you all - the pack will contain a number of HQ; DM, CTF, WAR, & VCTF maps

I'd like to mention also that i'm actually quite honored to be working with these highly talented guys from the UOF crew, collectively we hope to bring you something on par with the quality you might expect from some of the top notch work we've seen from the CBP crew & other talented individual mapper in our community.
                        Wow this map looks great. I love the tech, gargoyles and the blue slime, definitely one in a million
                        definitely a 5 star map, I hope all the maps will be so great especially with such great mappers included.

I can't wait for the release!

p.s. Keep mapping 1x you definitely are a epic mapper, hope i can be as good as you someday.

Comment

LOL

Bro, you spell my name wrong in post #38, ****, I feel myself becoming a woman with that Steveloise LOL I thought of Eloise a woman name when reading

Nce Rainbase pics bro

Comment

Dang sorry bro.

Got that fixed, why didn't you send me a PM? or on UOF if my PM is full here? - No worries at any rate.

LMAO, dude you are the MAN! there is a reason why i usually refer to you as "eagle eye ... " Dude you never miss a beat... - Great to have you on our team. - Word!

You the man Uncle Steve. - much respect brotha

Comment

@Stevelios
                              I've been monitoring the jokes around and I think 1X forgot his to take his Omega-3 pills - inside jokes courtesy of Blitz
                              Either way if your work in the mappack is on par with your other work I think we are all in for a treat
                              On a side note you do so much for this community with your input on betas and maps Thank You for everything you do. PEACE

Comment

Dang sorry bro.

Got that fixed, why didn't you send me a PM? or on UOF if my PM is full here? - No worries at any rate.

LMAO, dude you are the MAN! there is a reason why i usually refer to you as "eagle eye ... " Dude you never miss a beat... - Great to have you on our team. - Word!

You the man Uncle Steve. - much respect brotha
                                LOL

I didn't transform after all

But no worries, I found it funny & it was stronger than me to post it LOL

THX bro for the "eagle eyes" lol Funny because it's a slang for me that is use a lot from different persons, so yep, all of you must think that it's suit me well lol

I'm happy you count me as a great asset for the community bro, THX

@Stevelios
                                I've been monitoring the jokes around and I think 1X forgot his to take his Omega-3 pills - inside jokes courtesy of Blitz
                                Either way if your work in the mappack is on par with your other work I think we are all in for a treat
                                On a side note you do so much for this community with your input on betas and maps Thank You for everything you do. PEACE
                                Yeah, I started the pills jokes a while ago on UOF speaking on my grass in my maps as it was very healthy & green. I said at the time my grass whas very strong like "grass on ******" & since then, me & blitz as started to jokes on pills (****** = pills), lot's of pills jokes is made lol

I must say I work hard to make maps that look & feel somehow different from stock ones. I'll do my best

THX dude for noticing & to post your THX about my involvement in the community. I always think that everything I do or make is going unnoticed since feedback is rather limited

Comment

Working...
                                X