No announcement yet.

CTF-Maelstrom - REMAKE [DL] [Pics] [PC] [FINAL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely one of the better CTF remakes that I've played yet. Nice to see something simple yet fun and dazzling for once.

Comment

Map looks great it has a beautiful natural theme and clarifying amazing textures, next-gen look and amazing gameplay. definitely a million times better than the original.
      The remix of Skyward Fire does justice to the awesome remake of Maelstrom.

Definitely deserving of 5 star especially with the enhancements such as the glaciers and waterfalls, sniper rooms and the view ports everything down to the realistic fire and undergrowth and moss at the waterfall show the maps creator knew what he was doing and put a great deal of effort into it.
      definite eye candy

EPIC map,
      1XTreme

I am looking forward to your next maps

Comment

Originally posted by T-NiTro[MK] View Post
        Map looks great it has a beautiful natural theme and clarifying amazing textures, next-gen look and amazing gameplay. definitely a million times better than the original.

Definitely deserving of 5 star especially with the enhancements such as the glaciers and waterfalls, sniper rooms and the view ports everything down to the realistic fire and undergrowth and moss at the waterfall show the maps creator knew what he was doing and put a great deal of effort into it.
        definite eye candy

EPIC map,
        1XTreme

Hell Yeah! we definitely need more remakes like this

Comment

definite eye candy

EPIC map,
          1XTreme

What should I say more..... 5 stars!
          I like the improvements since the previous version (Reverb-volumes and so on...).
          And I've noticed, that my >dumb< bots playing better now

Good work, 1XTreme!

Comment

Originally posted by Foufoune_Rose View Post
            But hey! I like it! maybe I could tweak it later. If I find the time.

u played the map 10 minutes...and IF u find time u will tweak it??
            i thing that 1X have tweak and re-tweak during long hours...what a lack of respect to let us think that u can finish the job better than he did...and did u ask him if he agree to let you modify his baby before announcing it in public?

it seem that noone want it "tweaked" around this thread (refering to that excellent starsystem and to all thoses compliments n posts)...our eyes ant burned ...for now

srry for the off topic 1x...hopefully ur map have a ut99 side....rofl...probably because it s a remake

i still asking me if i really have understand what foufoune said...lol...if not just tell me ...i probably forgot my pills

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
              i thing that 1X have tweak and re-tweak during long hours...what a lack of respect to let us think that u can finish the job better than he did...and did u ask him if he agree to let you modify his baby before announcing it in public?

it seem that noone want it "tweaked" around this thread (refering to that excellent starsystem and to all thoses compliments n posts)...our eyes ant burned ...for now

srry for the off topic 1x...hopefully ur map have a ut99 side....rofl...probably because it s a remake

i still asking me if i really have understand what foufoune said...lol...if not just tell me ...i probably forgot my pills
              I didn't understand what foufoune said either, But..
              You explained that better then i did.

Comment

Originally posted by Foufoune_Rose View Post

But hey! I like it! maybe I could tweak it later. If I find the time.
                Well you really do need the author's permission first before you can do that. I had someone "tweak" one of my maps and named it after a gay movie

I wasn't too happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                  Saying crazy things like a map burnt your eyes is seriously uncalled for & rude someone needs a manners lesson? saying that type of thing is quite offensive especially when 99% of the people are enjoying someones quality work. I know sometimes other mappers will trash others work because they are threatened. your post makes little sense, if any.
                  --SNIP--
                  Dunno ether, all i can say is truthfully it's very hard to satisfy everyone. The map is a natural 'cave' setting with out many tech assets, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm not about to plug monitors all over the map, it has plenty of additional details / polished visuals i felt like really enhanced little touches to bring the map forward to UT3, i haven't seen a non-standard UT3 CTF map done like this yet, so i'm pleased at the overall success and reception this map has seen in a short time .. close to 4 dozen downloads, quite a few posts and so on, i must have done something right.

Originally posted by WedgeBob View Post
                  Definitely one of the better CTF remakes that I've played yet. Nice to see something simple yet fun and dazzling for once.
                  Thanks you WB! - Perfect! explanation, WOW .. few words that mean so much. Nice ......

definite eye candy

EPIC map,
                  1XTreme

Nice to see ya return to post TNT .. Thank you for noticing those little details that make the difference. Appreciate your vote of confidence dude. I heard from a little bird that your running / learning the editor now is it true? Keep up the good work and make that a 1st choice hobby of yours if you like it OK? - its a great brain-builder of a tool and it keeps some younger guys out of trouble and gives them something positive to do with their spare time. (Especially if they have too much freetime on their hands) haha.

Stop by and make a post once in a while, don't just wait for my releases. (I wonder when/if Intim or iGniTe might be along?)

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                  Hell Yeah! we definitely need more remakes like this
                  We'll as we know my friend TheHitMan, the guy that brought us CTF-Armadus (and other cool maps) is working on a more streamlined version of CTF-Coret with original BSP, working doors, sound-track .. whole 9 yards, really looking forward to that .. also i'll be revamping some of my former releases and also starting E-Caves soon, now all we need is a stack of 100 dollar bills and a deck of cards. (P.S. there are some other cool CTF remakes in the works, Face3, etc.)

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                  What should I say more..... 5 stars!
                  I like the improvements since the previous version (Reverb-volumes and so on...).
                  And I've noticed, that my >dumb< bots playing better now

Good work, 1XTreme!
                  Excellent my friend, and thank you again for the help with testing, i'm glad you pointed out those things about the AI cause i went through that with a fine tooth comb at the end, i also appreciate you noticing the Reverb-volumes and the other last minute touches. Are your FPS still good with those last changes as well? hopefully adding the last didn't slow the map down, 8500+ assets & over 1000 lights is riding high i know.

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post

Hey Bl!tz, i'm with ya 100% - thank you for saying what needed to be said on that, i haven't given anyone permission to take my map and trash it with hundreds of tech monitors everywhere, whack unnatural colors or whatever they have in mind. In fact i'd be upset if someone did tamper with my map..

Many of you know me to usually be a soft spoken humble guy so if i speak up about something then there must be a good reason for it. (While i do have a strong opinion about certain points i always try to stay fair, open minded, & respectful of others)

Same thing with you that have spoken up, you are the mellow thoughtful & helpful crew, I've never heard most of you say 2 mean words to anyone, i guess i'm not the only one that struck a chord with..

After all though is it possible could something have been lost in a translation from a different language in fairness though? Otherwise i suggest that rather than dwelling on that we allow others to enjoy the map, and if someone doesn't like it that's fine, but no one should tamper with someone elses map without asking i agree 100%. Not only that but who's to say they could do better as Bl!tz mentions, especially when almost everyone likes it as it is .. ^^ UG ..

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                    Well you really do need the author's permission first before you can do that. I had someone "tweak" one of my maps and named it after a gay movie

I wasn't too happy about that.

LMAO ... I wouldn't have been too happy either ..

I don't mean to rant about this but i was posting a long multi-quote (took me like 15 minutes, haha) when you posted this so i missed yours post..

Ah well, can't win em all. I think enough people have spoke up that with any luck no one will edit with out permission i hope.

Comment

Kind words Xtreme for saying I've done quality maps, I always love doing them and hopefully Coret will be great.

Comment

Would love to cook this per your request for the PS3. I know how to fix the black box thing and the missing sound effects on the Flagstands for the PS3. Give me a hour and I'll get back here. I may need the uncooked PC file. I'll try without first.

Edit.....I do need the original PC uncooked file. Some of the materials loose their texture when you try to uncook it. Please PM me a link.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                          Are your FPS still good with those last changes as well? hopefully adding the last didn't slow the map down, 8500+ assets & over 1000 lights is riding high i know.
                          Yes! I've tested it up to 24 bots, and the FPS is ok for me

Comment

Can U Say Quality

Great map!
                            Great Play!
                            Great work!
                            Glad to see yet another Super Fun map brought back.
                            This map play is perfect and will brings hours of pleasure to the UT world.
                            Look foward to fraggin with guys again!!
                            I'd rate it a 10 if i could but 5 stars ="s 10
                            TOP NOTCH WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Intimidator[MK] View Post
                              Great map!
                              Great Play!
                              Great work!
                              Glad to see yet another Super Fun map brought back.
                              This map play is perfect and will brings hours of pleasure to the UT world.
                              Look foward to fraggin with guys again!!
                              I'd rate it a 10 if i could but 5 stars ="s 10
                              TOP NOTCH WORK
                              Sup Intim? Did you read through the whole thread? LOL it reads like a short novel. The guy that posted above you is the one that made the Ultra Insta-gib mod that we like to run

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                              Yes! I've tested it up to 24 bots, and the FPS is ok for me
                              LOL HO0 how many bots you running anyway? 24 sounds like a MASSACRE
                              Is that how you usually roll? Maybe we will change your name to 1XTremeHO0

Comment

hey I became a user just to comment on this beautiful map! MAN great gameplay! this guys got some Serious TALENT!
                                IT BLOWS ME AWAY!!!
                                5 SHINING STARS 4 U 1XTreme
                                YOU have done it once again 1XTreme Thanks 4 the awesome map!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X