• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Maelstrom - REMAKE [DL] [Pics] [PC] [FINAL]

NAME: CTF-Maelstrom

VERSION: 1.0

COMPATABILITY: Latest patch.

FEATURES:
    • Custom Skyward Fire audio track (Re-mixed by 1x.)
    • Custom textures & assets (1x)
    • Aprox. 8500 combine total assets
    • Appropriate scaling
    • Next-Gen / UT3 design style
    • Original / fully authentic layout
    • Highly optimized for performance
    • Dozens of hours of play & AI testing (Humans Vs AI on LAN) - (Dedicated Server Environment)
    • Secondary dedicated beta testing phase (Bug hunting, enhancing & polishing) (Credits UOF)
    • Highly popular (Fan Favorite) from UT99 / official ladder map
    SCREENSHOTS:
    [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_01.jpg?t=1268614283[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_02.jpg?t=1268614298[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_03.jpg?t=1268614332[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_06.jpg?t=1268614338[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_09.jpg?t=1268614347[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_10.jpg?t=1268614357[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_05.jpg?t=1268614306[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_07.jpg?t=1268614411[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_14.jpg?t=1268614600[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/1-Xtreme/CTF-Maelstrom/CTF-Maelstrom_11.jpg?t=1268614349
    [/SHOT]

DESCRIPTION:
    SUMMARY:
    Small - Medium size, 4-10 players recommended, symmetric bases, subterranean natural 'cave' setting, UT99 (fan favorite) competitive map; previously played frequently on official ladders such as the worldogl.com and provinggrounds.com
    DETAILS:
    Many years ago the site was discovered far below the Earth at the base of a glacier in a semi-frozen subterranean cavern.

The year is now 2262 .. After the ancient subterranean caves discovery; the Necris tunneled further into the heart of the Earth constructing & fortifying the bases with steel and stone to adopt this dark & dreary underworld for the Tournament.

It is said that they buried both the living & the dead in the walls during the excavation of its bases, while still many enslaved Ironguard & Ronin captives simply vanished. The Necris eventually elected to transfer ownership of their now fully functional base to LRC in exchange for an undisclosed sum of Tournament credits.

Fast forwarding to present, Liandri Robotics Corporation continues to possess ownership rights of CTF-Maelstrom & maintains the site through its ongoing use for the Tournament.
    COMMENTS:
    • Collisions on certain (obtrusive) trim have intentionally been disabled.
    • The short pathways below the base entrance/stairs are supposed to be dark.
    • The ceilings in the bases are intentionally dark to accent the lighting.
    • Much time & effort has been spent to reasonably accomplish the 'over-all' best possible 'end-product' i could provide for everyone with out delaying the release for months if not longer, or have it never make a public final.
    • I hope you all enjoy playing this map as much as i enjoyed developing it.
    • If my publications continue to be well received (some of which i've made primarily for personal use/lan play with friends) i'll continue to publicly release them.
    • Recommended Neutral brightness settings of 5, & default PP setting (vivid or intense of you like it even darker)
    • All your base are belong to us .. (GL / HF, CLICKED)
    CREDITS:
    Epic, Peter 'MiliMeter' T. (Original UT99 Author) ME, Indimidator[MK], Rogue[MK], iGniTe[MK], Scorpion[MK], XTman[MK], Slayer[MK], Stoned[MK] (AKA Leviathan[MK]), Ani[MK] Anthrax[MK], Wretched[MK], Elite[MK], BadAsh[MK], ReXHavox[MK] - (Formerly [bAd]Rexhavox), TheKing[MK]. NoAimNoMoves[MK]
    & the rest of Clan[MK] - Props to clans; IMF, HOC, TAL, TBA, SGL, TD, & the other honorable USA / Canada CTF Instagib clans from UT99. Greetz to all the clans & players across the rest world.

Additional Credits / Testing;
    Lord_PorkSword, Odedge, Diesalot, Thrallala, Gussie[MK] Bl!tz, Stevelois, HO0815XX, Intimidator[MK], T-NiTro[MK], GunrGurl, & TheHitMan - Thank you all again for the testing & valuable feedback!

Additional thanks to Stevelois & Lord_PorkSword for some additional last minute pre-release testing.
    Special thanks to Thrallala for suggesting we do this right and hold a rigorous beta test phase <private - UOF by my choice> when he spotted the screen shots on i posted in the dedicated remake thread.

Also greetz to my friends: Sebastien Nova, Zerglings, Flak, Rathalos, Skillz, poppersia, Zunnie, Thalos, Sneh, YourPackage, Barballs, Ignotium, & UBerserker.
    DIRECT DOWNLOAD: PC VERSION - CTF-Maelstrom.7z

MIRROR / UT-FILES.COM: PC VERSION - CTF-Maelstrom.7z

MIRROR / MAP-RAIDER PC VERSION - CTF-Maelstrom.7z

Supreme remake, thanks for this.

Comment

Happy to see the final - final - final bro

5 shining little star for this awesome remake

Now, I'm gonna add this must map in my top picks, THX for your work buddy

Comment

looks promising downloading now

Comment

good job 1x
          it play like a charm on my old athlon
          ur "iced pic" is a pure asskick

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
            Supreme remake, thanks for this.
            Awesome man, glad you like it! - As i said before in the beta / preview thread, if it meets your approval then i know i must be doing something right because i know you are picky like me .. haha. Thanks for your help testing also. I'll have you test my other remakes in the future if that's OK? - I did compromise and remove the intro but left the stingers.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
            Happy to see the final - final - final bro

5 shining little star for this awesome remake

Now, I'm gonna add this must map in my top picks, THX for your work buddy
            Thx for the stars, - thx is all we get sometimes for our hard work so a gesture of appreciation is great encouragement for any mapper.

Nice to have another make the list .. haha

Originally posted by Im a Chef View Post
            looks promising downloading now
            Great let us know if you like it.

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
            good job 1x
            it play like a charm on my old athlon
            ur "iced pic" is a pure asskick
            Solid bro!! glad to hear it plays good on your rig .. If you get it running good on your SLI system let us know to see if it passes that bug test as well now.

Comment

Top-Notch Remake

For those of us who played the original Maelstrom you will remember the map was about the battle not visuals, it was very dark and plain. After a run through on the remake I can say that this is what Maelstrom should have been. The lighting is great, I think it is a perfect balance of highlighting what we should see but not being overly light or washed out with light.

I think the organic deco looks very natural and realistic. The partial Ice theme you have going on is really good. I like how the ice defines the rock and makes the rock appear more real (defining cracks and such). I really like the glacier and waterfalls.

The torches really stick to the original theme and look/sound very real, unlike the original with blue flames. The flag-rooms/ bases are great, the flow through the halls to the flag is very smooth. I like the difference in textures between the flag-room and the halls.

Added crystal caverns are a very nice addition.

The music remix is top notch, I think it a real treat to have a new remix. The Ambients sounds are zoned very well. I hear fire by a torch and waterfall by the waterfall. No one sound is overpowering which is good. I have played a few remakes where there is one sound that overpowers everything even music.

The best thing is after testing, I noticed that it runs great with no slow downs or freezes and I run all my setting maxed out. I'm running a mid range system.

This remake of Maelstrom is perfect for UT3, the game-play is slightly improved with new sniper areas. The visuals are superb. I think you have done a great job adapting/updating Maelstrom to the UT3 engine and highlighting what remakes could and should be.

Awesome Work Thank You

Comment

Man I hope my CTF-Coret remake gets a good review like Gussie's

Comment

Great to see it final M8!

I've never played the original and from what Gussie is saying you've done the original a lot of justice with this remake!
                  Great gameplay mixed with great visuals!

I look forward to doing more CTF n Greed runs on this baby!

Comment

Good job 1X.
                    I like Greed on this.

Comment

woow good work at this remake
                      i really look good THX

Comment

Wow, I just played it, and, sorry mate, but it hurts my eyes !
                        The colour scheme is really close to UT99, no problem. But it could be closer to "new-gen" graphics .

I've gived it a try for 10 minutes, still pretty fun, but my eyes burnt .
                        On one side you have "gray of war" with blurry effects and desaturate bright colors, and on the other side Maelstrom. Too much retro for me .

But hey! I like it! maybe I could tweak it later. If I find the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                          --SNIP--

I think the organic deco looks very natural and realistic. The partial Ice theme you have going on is really good. I like how the ice defines the rock and makes the rock appear more real (defining cracks and such). I really like the glacier and waterfalls.

--SNIP--

Added crystal caverns are a very nice addition.

The music remix is top notch

This remake of Maelstrom is perfect for UT3 The visuals are superb.

I think you have done a great job adapting/updating Maelstrom to the UT3 engine and highlighting what remakes could and should be.

Awesome Work Thank You
                          Excellent! Glad to hear it .. I appreciate the comments, with my (mostly neutral settings) i'm really digging both the visuals and the gameplay as well. - thank you for taking time to post a mini-review, both useful & encouraging feedback ..... the sort of small thanks that make me want to continue to share my work with the community, as mentioned in the first thread - initially i remade CTF-Maelstrom for LAN play, in fact my friend Sneh made some excellent top-notch maps as well however unfortunately due to a few select elite haters i read somewhere that he said if it got too bad he'd decide to stop making maps for public use and just make them for himself / private use, can't say i blame him, now he seems have left all together which is a shame, especially for the majority the community. (that is another story ........^^ but it's something that needs to be said @ public level IMHO)

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
                          Great to see it final M8!

I've never played the original and from what Gussie is saying you've done the original a lot of justice with this remake!
                          Great gameplay mixed with great visuals!

I look forward to doing more CTF n Greed runs on this baby!
                          Glad you like it Lord, let us know how the greed sessions go on your LAN with your son.

Originally posted by diesalot View Post
                          Good job 1X.
                          I like Greed on this.
                          Thank ya Dies! Haven't played it on greed yet but you and LPS have me curious now.. haha.

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                          woow good work at this remake
                          i really look good THX
                          Thank you coolcat22.

@Everyone;
                          Over 30 downloads already not bad .. - Don't worry folks i know we can't please everyone and sometimes maybe people have crazy settings that wreck a map - that's fine also but please don't come in and try to wreck someones hard work with a senseless post over it.

I do recommend Neutral settings when playing this map, 5 brightness and default PP, though it does darken up nicely with Vivid and Intense PP effects. The map is after all supposed to be dark. (I should probably ad recommended settings in my comments to the first post.)

@TheHitMan, don't worry i'll personally more than likely give you an A+ review on Coret (i know the kind of work you do bro) especially if you can get the doors working.

Comment

Great port 1xtrm THX for sharing ur work this map from ut was sooooo fun
                            and i agree that this is a good 1 you made for ut3
                            dont worry bout foofoo

Comment

Originally posted by Foufoune_Rose View Post
                              Wow, I just played it, and, sorry mate, but it hurts my eyes !
                              The colour scheme is really close to UT99, no problem. But it could be closer to "new-gen" graphics .

I've gived it a try for 10 minutes, still pretty fun, but my eyes burnt .
                              On one side you have "gray of war" with blurry effects and desaturate bright colors, and on the other side Maelstrom. Too much retro for me .

But hey! I like it! maybe I could tweak it later. If I find the time.
                              Saying crazy things like a map burnt your eyes is seriously uncalled for & rude someone needs a manners lesson? saying that type of thing is quite offensive especially when 99% of the people are enjoying someones quality work. I know sometimes other mappers will trash others work because they are threatened. your post makes little sense, if any. You sure you downloaded and played the same map everyone else is talking about here?
                              Talk About Retro Eye Burn
                              You brought up UT99 are we talking about the same map? There was no color scheme in Maelstrom 99 It was gray. I see you post in other very plain and bland maps threads saying that it is perfect, you have some peculiar tastes. Did you stand under the waterfall for 10 minutes? What Blurry effects?

On a personal level I wouldn't have responded to either your Desolate2 post or your Pm about your map if I would have seen the rude way you treat other peoples work.

Comment

Working...
                              X