• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Same as DM-Station 12, OP updated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    If the bots kick my a$$, then the pathing must be good. Actually, I owned them after the first match and kinda figured it out. The gameplay is crazy fast with lots of spinning around to watch your back, jumping and a sh*tload of z-axis. I really think the sniper rifle should be replaced with something else in this one. The music fits the map day or night. Definitely a cool outdoor map with falling leaves, waterfalls, pools (can see surface underneath), overgrown ruins, chirping birds, torches and surrounding mountainous islands. It also was lots of fun!
    Yep, bots are kicking my *** also lol

I always pay attention to bot path in all my maps for the best gameplay I can possibly achieve.

In the original version, the pickup placement was like in the 'NE' but since I wanted a completely new gameplay in this SE, I switch all things around & took great care of balancing all the pickups. I know it may be seen odd to put the sniper there but after many testing matches, it was very fun so that is why I leave it there.

Happy you like it & THX for the comments m8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If the bots kick my a$$, then the pathing must be good. Actually, I owned them after the first match and kinda figured it out. The gameplay is crazy fast with lots of spinning around to watch your back, jumping and a sh*tload of z-axis. I really think the sniper rifle should be replaced with something else in this one. The music fits the map day or night. Definitely a cool outdoor map with falling leaves, waterfalls, pools (can see surface underneath), overgrown ruins, chirping birds, torches and surrounding mountainous islands. It also was lots of fun!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice improvements to one of my favorite custom DM maps. - Great work again Stevelois!!

(ho! too many threads for me to keep track of sometimes) my personal limitation though, when i do a " 'Special Addition' or 'Second Addition' " with one or some of my maps, i'll likely keep it in the same thread for my own simplicity and just give ppl the option to D/L either version. (that's my preference) but we all have our own style and nothing but respect here of course.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well you should be proud, it's a great level!

And cheers I still remember you helping me with my first map, so I should thank you for that!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Piranhi View Post
    Great work, I love it.
    THX & it's very appreciated coming from you

BTW, you have great works posted on BU. Just a shame it's on GOW instead of UT3 so I can't test anything

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work, I love it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    +1 to all that...superb
    Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
    That's the same card I have

And Steve, the torches are a definite improvement and I can surprisingly run this at 25-30 fps (very good for me)
    Great job improving Aly
    After all that time I work on it, I'm happy to see that you appreciate the map

THX both of you for your kind words & your support

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by diesalot View Post
    I still have an old 9500GT...LOL
    That's the same card I have

And Steve, the torches are a definite improvement and I can surprisingly run this at 25-30 fps (very good for me)
    Great job improving Aly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    I am digging the updated version. I really like the torches as they give the map some more dynamic elements. The FPS are still good. Thanks for taking the time to improve an already nice map.
    +1 to all that...superb

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    I am digging the updated version. I really like the torches as they give the map some more dynamic elements. The FPS are still good. Thanks for taking the time to improve an already nice map.
    In the beginning, I had torches in mind but UT3 doesn't come with torches, only lamps & lanterns so I choose the lanterns there because I couldn't find something more suitable.

As working on the NE, I thought of using a mesh that could fit as a torch, follow a tut to make the material look like wood on fire & finally add a custom fire emitter to complete the torches look.

Also, Blitz, Thrallala strongly suggest to use torches so that is why I tired to make something nice that could fit.

Now I'm happy with the final result & to share the map with you all.

As always, THX Odedge for the great feedback you gave me on all previous versions

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for the vid & the mirror

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mirror + 1080p FlyBy

http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...d-Edition.html
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkkaCGH3_8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by diesalot View Post
    Exellent elder uncle.

Its always good to see a mapper take the time to fix what he didnt like and give us another version.

Im very impressed but i need a new graphics card to enjoy it fully i think.

I still have an old 9500GT...LOL
    THX bro

Now, you have the version I wanted to publish in the first place

I hope you will truly enjoy the map on your next GPU upgrade

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
    Nice work I added it to game-maps now:
    http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1585

Any chance for a PS3 version? Im sure ppl would like that..

I replaced the DM-Aly with DM-Aly-SE on our server: 85.25.143.169:4321 (Stats)

Im on the server now playing the map and lookin round
    Great, THX for the mirror

No PS3 version is planned for this map.

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X