X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 3 Cache Tool [Pics][Final]

Name: Unreal Tournament 3 Cache Tool
    Version: 1.1
    Compatibility: Requires Unreal Tournament 3.
    Description: Unreal Tournament 3 Cache Tool performs the following functions:
    • Lists the contents of Unreal Tournament 3's cache
    • Installs content from the cache
    • Changes the cache settings

It is configurable, tested, and more accurate at determining whether cached packages are scripts, maps or generic packages when compared to other cache programs for Unreal Tournament 3.

Comments: Please provide constructive feedback. Please say thanks if you like this program or have found it useful or helpful.
    Screenshots:
    [screenshot]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1766/ut3ccmain.png[/screenshot]

Download: http://users.on.net/~swcheetah/sam/UT3CacheTool.zip

heres a mirror on my site
    http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...ileinfo&id=142

Comment

Great, it's final now!

Thanks again for this useful tool!

Comment

It's now been almost ten months since I released this program, yet I have heard almost nothing from anyone about it and it doesn't appear many people have used it. That's understandable, since there are already at least a few other similar programs that do this sort of thing.

If you've used this, could you please provide some constructive feedback? I put a lot of work into the program, and I even reverse-engineered (also working on someone else's work) the Unreal Engine 3 package files used by the game to provide accurate detection of package types so that the cached content could be named appropriately when installed. I don't believe any of the existing cache-related tools for this game are as accurate as this one at doing this correctly.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
          Great, it's final now!

Thanks again for this useful tool!
          As I wrote above.....

If I had to extract stuff from the cache, I always use your tool. It works perfectly for me.

Your tool has no bugs... no bugs, no feedback (I think so...)!

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
            Your tool has no bugs... no bugs, no feedback (I think so...)!
            You're probably right on that.
            I have been away for some time, so I haven't had a chance to test out this tool until now...
            ..That said, I've been battle-testing it with our clan's server for two days, testing the tool and our redirect. A great & easy tool to use!
            Kudos, Poobah!!!

While it does not use the default custom content folders, UT3 recognizes the My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\DownloadedContent folder even in Instant Action mode, showing all available maps and auto-generating the .ini files in the same folder.

The only con I can think of, and it isn't much of a con at that; It does not tell you when the installation of the custom content is done. The first time I used the tool, I waited for about two or three minutes before deciding to check the directory. Actually, the install is a matter of a few seconds.
            Like I said, not much of a con, at all, and certainly would not keep me from using it, or recommending it to others.

Again, nicely done, Poobah!

Comment

Originally posted by [Apoc]Cerberus View Post
              It does not tell you when the installation of the custom content is done. The first time I used the tool, I waited for about two or three minutes before deciding to check the directory.
              Thanks very much for your feedback! I've changed the program to notify users when the installation of cached content is complete, but I'm not planning on uploading the new version of the program until I've done a bit more work on it.

Comment

New version

I've uploaded Unreal Tournament 3 Cache Tool 1.1. The main change since the last version is the suggestion by Cerberus (notification for when items are installed), but I've also revised the code base and fixed a few minor bugs. You can download it from the first post in this thread.

Comment

Just tried out your new version. It's working well, thanks!

Comment

FWIW, this is the first time I've used such a tool and I'm grateful for it, thanks! Very handy.

Comment

Amazingly precise tool, very convenient. Strange that I didn't pay attention to this programm before. I don't need to download bunch of scripts from outside to watch demo, ty.

Comment

Working...
                      X