No announcement yet.

DM-Shrapnel [Featuring Run UT music]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps I over-did it with the lights but it just felt right somehow at the time, lol

And thanks for the youtube video

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...pnel-Final.rar

Comment

Thanks for the mirror

Comment

One of the few custom maps I have installed and kept (next to the very awesome HOLP pack maps). I like it more than the original version(s), which is not saying much, because I hated the original map.

But it's overall nice visuals and good performance, plus I love the "Run" music track. The biggest downside of Epic's DM-Turbine remake was that it didn't have the awesome music, so good you included it in your map.

Well, what I don't like were all those too long tight corridors, it's very hard to dodge rockets there. The elevators feel very slow, they can be quite the death trap. And placing the Shield Belt and UDamage together seems rather odd, especially considering that there are no other power ups in the map anywhere. I mean, where are the armor pick ups? I feel like I totally overlooked them. And that way you only have to control the room with the UDamage+ShieldBelt, the rest of the map seems to be totally irrelevant.

But overall nice map, thank you.

Comment

Well the pickups were layed out as they were in the UT2004 version, so yeah. Most people felt that the lift speed didn't need changing, so I left it as is.

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
              Well the pickups were layed out as they were in the UT2004 version, so yeah.
              Which wasn't official. I don't even remember any UT2004 version of the map and the pick ups in the UT version were better distributed.

Comment

Oh well... blame the guy who did the UT2004 version

Comment

Nice remake, but this is nothing like the original Shrapnel (haven't played UT2004 version). It's a good map nonetheless. I like the atmosphere created by the vines, floors, lighting, fog, tex/mesh details, trim, outside view and great music choice. Layout is great for TDM (bots are decent) and I like the longer and wider corridors. I just played DM-Shrapnel][ from UT and it's kinda cramped in there and you do get stuck on stuff easily. The weapon/item placement is good, except for maybe replace with biorifle with another flak cannon; of course, I hate the biorifle and am a flak ho.

Note sure about the UT2004 version, but here's a review of a UT2003 version at Insite:
                  http://insite.beyondunreal.com/map.php?id=762

Comment

Working...
                  X