• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Virus

Name: WAR-Virus
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: Patch 5 (v2.1)
    Description: In their assault of Orich IV, the Necris's first move was to take over the main orbital station. This was done by sending a virus to the station's two main processing cores, but unfortunately only one was infected. However, if the one of the cores were destroyed then control of the station would default entirely to the other, so both Necris and the station defence forces dispatched teams to the mainframe tower to decide control of the station.
    Comments: This map is an attempt to make a WAR map as small as I could make it, without it losing the feel of Warfare. The idea came after playing Spambox, which is a very small (and fun!) WAR map, but doesn't feel like a real WAR map. No vehicles, Titan works ok but have to duck to get into/out of the corridors.
    Screenshot:

Credits: Me, everyone who commented in the beta thread, and EPIC for making UT3 and UEd!
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yizdmzyjhm0

mirror

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...=WAR-Virus.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Thanubis
      This map has easily become my one of favourite warfare maps, and I really dislike warfare. It's a fun map to play and made getting the 100 match award a lot more enjoyable.
      That made my day! Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm at uni at the moment and the computer with all my UT3 stuff is at home, so I can't do anything for about a month until I get back.

That said, I do like the idea of turning this into a CTF map, so give me a month and I'll rustle something up! I might send the CTF version to the beta forum and have a link here. Subscribe to this thread and you'll get notified when I get home and start mapping again .

As for the hoverboard thing, there may be a way to disable it in the mapInfo, I can't remember. I suspect that if you disabled the hoverboard you'd get the transloc instead, which may not be much better... I will investigate, but it's probably best to leave it as it is and use a mut...

Edit: FYI: The neon pipes thing is because the colour of the pipes is tied to the owner of the nodes. IIRC, to make it clear in the editor I which variable pipe was associated with which node and which were static colours, I made default colour of the variable pipes purple (and green for the other node, I think...). They would automatically swich colours to match the nodes when the game starts. Hence, no nodes, no colour to switch to, neon default pipes!

I'm guessing the player start thing is because the playerStarts are tied to the powernodes/cores rather than teams. Again, this means removing the cores/nodes leaves no playerStarts associated with either team, hence no playerStarts.

Comment

Working...
      X