Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-DiamondSword2K9SE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-DiamondSword2K9SE

Name: CTF-DiamondSword2K9SE
    Version: 1.0 Final (SecondEdition)
    Compatibility: UT3 V. 2.1
    Description: UT3-Conversion from the 2K4-version by c@pp@s
    Comments: SE-Changes: Improved materials ! It's in principle the same map, that you can find here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=701554

Screenshot:

Credits: Me, c@pp@s (UT2K3/4), xtremexp (UT3 Converter), Epic (for the UT-Games), >Kev< (Initiator and betatesting), 1XTreme (Testing SE-Version).

Homepage: http://HO0815XX.has-no-homepage.net/

Download (PC only): http://www.filefront.com/17322016/CT...Sword2K9SE.rar

Mirrors:
    http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...Sword2K9SE.rar
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/u...map/34192.html

mirror:

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...Sword2K9SE.rar

Comment

Thanks Skillz. Added to 1st post.

Comment

Mirrored at Strategy Informer - http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/u...map/34192.html

Comment

Thanks Jamie, added !

Comment

Hiya HO0815XX,

I see you released the SE version! good.. good.. first i must say that you have come leaps and bounds in your texture work/skills. Kudos for learning these new abilities.

Played this map on our lan server, had a blast 5 vs. 5 - its kind of a long jog but the hybrid face style of the map has always been a keeper, the original map was used in official ladder competition in UT99.

Didn't you say that you built this map at someones suggestion / request? can't they at the very least come over here and post to say thanks? any way. Don't let that stop you - you did a good job with improving this.

P.S. doesn't SE usually mean Special Edition?

Comment

Thanks for your kind words
              Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
              Didn't you say that you built this map at someones suggestion / request? can't they at the very least come over here and post to say thanks? any way. Don't let that stop you - you did a good job with improving this.
              Yes, he had contacted me always per email, I don't know if he is registered here.

P.S. doesn't SE usually mean Special Edition?
              Hmmm... I've thinked SE is right for Second Edition, for Special Versions I use SV

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                Thanks for your kind words
                Yes, he had contacted me always per email, I don't know if he is registered here.
                Perhaps you should send them a link so they at least know about it .. - maybe his entire group (that sent you pictures of their lan party) should know of this place .. where we share our works with the world, i'm guessing they/he know 'something' to at least find your email.

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                Hmmm... I've thinked SE is right for Second Edition, for Special Versions I use SV
                That works ..

Comment

I always liked this map. Good map thanx for the remake.

Comment

Hey HO0815XX, did you actually made this ctf map to bombing run?
                    On UT3MOD.com there's a bombing run map pack that includes on of your maps.
                    Did you add this cool music named BotPack #9?

Comment

See pm.....

Comment

Dude, we were just talking about ya Hoxx <me and some of the gunners on our LAN, wondering what if ya were around and still doing any UT3 stuff> Glad you didn't rage quit .. Good to see ya and happy new year!

Gonna play some UT3 tonight on the LAN! Thx for all the help as always man, and we'll be running your 'Ultra-Instagib' though I personally virtually never use the zoom, <don't really have time on the maps we usually play> I still like the feel of it compared to regular insta. Aight man catch ya later bro.

Comment

Hmmm. gonna have to check this bad boy out. This was alot of fun back in the day.

Comment

Dude, we were just talking about ya Hoxx <me and some of the gunners on our LAN, wondering what if ya were around and still doing any UT3 stuff> Glad you didn't rage quit .. Good to see ya and happy new year!

Gonna play some UT3 tonight on the LAN! Thx for all the help as always man, and we'll be running your 'Ultra-Instagib' though I personally virtually never use the zoom, <don't really have time on the maps we usually play> I still like the feel of it compared to regular insta. Aight man catch ya later bro.
                            Thanks 1X and a happy new year for you too.

Comment

Not sure what's going on and what thread I posted in before (obviously a different one, so ignore old comments), but here are my comments from my computer:

"The space atmosphere looks good with the moon, planet, "sun?" (or possibly exploding something), and asteroid belt. The map looks like the same DiamondSword I remember from UT. Just noticed a grate under the flag. Was that there in the original? Anyway, the gameplay is good straight-on CTF with some wild z-axis thrown in. I didn't even know there was a UT2004 version (don't have a UT2003 version either), but I do have CTF-DiamondSword and CTF-DiamondSword_CE both for the original UT. Anyway, the grate does give you an interesting perspective on the area below that I never noticed before, so maybe it was an addition in the UT2004 version. Ok, just checked and no grates in the UT versions, but they do have rolling banners above each teleporter telling you where each goes. Yes, the SE version is the one I was talking about; it's the only one I have for UT3. This is the only one that comes up when I search for DiamondSword in the UT3 Full Releases section, so that's where I commented. I got the SE version by going to your homepage or possibly utzone.de or ut-files, but I figured the SE version was the latest and the best and I only wanted one. You might as well put the SE version link(s) in the thread starter post also."

Comment

Working...
                              X